Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cottonelle "Talk about your bum"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasperGretsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cottonelle "Talk about your bum"
    Posted: 26 Aug 2013 at 11:46pm
ENOUGH! No one wants to discuss this sh*t! (pun intended)

I'm actually disgusted that they had the two women go to the bathroom and try it and then come back out. They looked downright embarrassed. 

Sponsored Links

Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2013 at 11:49pm
The creepiest part is when she asks the teenage girls if they'd "like to have a go" - and then apparently follows them for a few seconds with the camera. WTF? Does she follow them in to inspect their dump?
verminstew View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verminstew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2013 at 1:47am
The next series of commercials for cottonelle should be like those too close tooth paste ones, take the roll to the toilet, sit there and talk to the camera about how soft the cottonelle is, how clean you feel, etc.  And the end of the commercial he or she is sitting on the exam table at the proctologist talking about how proud Doc will be that the switch to cottonelle has really helped your hemorrhoids.
!Tommy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote !Tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2013 at 1:47am
Enough with the toilet puns!! D:It's just ass wipe, okay? No need to be all elaborate over it!
Ken 1802 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken 1802 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2013 at 1:49am
I started this same thread not too long ago. Just a heads-up. ;). That woman is creepy, asking random people about their butts. :X
ghostonthehorizon View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostonthehorizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2013 at 1:56am

There you go Cottonelle, here's your next commercial.
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2013 at 2:06am
Originally posted by verminstew verminstew wrote:

The next series of commercials for cottonelle should be like those too close tooth paste ones, take the roll to the toilet, sit there and talk to the camera about how soft the cottonelle is, how clean you feel, etc.  And the end of the commercial he or she is sitting on the exam table at the proctologist talking about how proud Doc will be that the switch to cottonelle has really helped your hemorrhoids.

While they're on the toilet, he/she can let out an awkward fart - Cottonelle would no doubt find that funny and "edgy".
ALE515 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALE515 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2013 at 6:49pm
I hate how the old lady says she thinks she should use them. My Husband saw that last night and yelled "Ew! So she's walking around with a dirty ass?" Um yep! I think that's what they're going for. SO GROSS!!!
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2013 at 6:53pm
"Hey, people, I'm hear to talk about your flabby wrinkly hairy smelly chocolate-covered arseholes. Now with normal toilet tissue it may not always be perfectly clean, but if you buy these overpriced totally useless and dumb wetwipes, your schincter will be shimmery-shiny-spick'n'span and clean enough to eat out."
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2013 at 7:39pm
Who is that crazy albino bitch?  "Let's talk about your bum. On facebook"   Say What???? 
DemonicMelodies View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DemonicMelodies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2013 at 7:43pm

"Hmm, where to next?"  :Quiverring:

It reminds me of The Basketball Diaries when the priest says, "We could do it again tomorrow if you like, Mr. Carroll."
People are dumb.
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2013 at 7:58pm
Disgusting and there is no need for a discussion about your a hole at the mall.

Besides, what are washcloths for?

Maybe they should be having this discussion in front of a Bed, Bath & Beyond.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2013 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by lkl005 lkl005 wrote:

Who is that crazy albino bitch?  "Let's talk about your bum. On facebook"   Say What???? 
Not Albino, just Lanchashire-ian, I think (Honestly, her accent sounds horrendously raped, but I feel fairly certain I'm hearing Lancashire in there...or at least Northern...and no, that wasn't a prejudiced judgement on my part XD)

I mean, that's why you never see any Scottish people on television. THey have to film them in pitch black or else they show up as glowing white ghosts.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
CorporateGreed View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CorporateGreed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2013 at 11:46pm
Very disturbing. Now I have to watch PBS every time I eat a TV dinner because of this.
SucroseHoney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SucroseHoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2013 at 11:56pm
I just saw this cross my television and was just like wtf.

My biggest concern was that people were just willing to talk to a stranger about their wiping habits so casually.
CorporateGreed View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CorporateGreed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2013 at 12:00am
Originally posted by SucroseHoney SucroseHoney wrote:

I just saw this cross my television and was just like wtf.

My biggest concern was that people were just willing to talk to a stranger about their wiping habits so casually.

Quite obvious that actors were paid lots to humiliate themselves on live television.
jhiller21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jhiller21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2013 at 1:06am
I suppose since she's British it's supposed to be cute that she's using words like "bum", and phrases like "would you like to have a go?"

No one wants to hear people talk about wiping their ass. I don't care how obscure you try to make it.

I think I said this in the Charmin thread, but whatever happened to just pouring blue water on it and comparing it to the worse brand?
ItsAllTME View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ItsAllTME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 3:53am
I just had the great misfortune of seeing this commercial for the first time. GAH!!! WTF is wrong with advertisers? Who thinks this topic of conversation is OK? Do you wanna have a go! Really?! I don't care how much money any of these people were offered to shame themselves like they have... I guarantee it's nowhere near enough.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 5:00am
ConfusedI duuno about anyone else, but Homey ain't using Cottenelle butt-wipe until it comes out in dark brown, so I don't get all grossed-by looking back at it after 1st use/abuse.; 
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
chankonabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chankonabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 5:20pm
Biggest issue is the one at the airport! if you're at the airport you're in a hurry and certainly do not want to have to use aar port bathroom unless you have to. You have to watch your luggage and tons of people coming and going.I assume the whole thing is staged with actors for being paid otherwise they'd have to approach 10,000 people to find one person willing to go on camera and grab a roll of toilet paper and try to go.
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 2:20am
I'm starting to miss the days when we were sheltered from dirty butthole talk by the FCC. I blame Family Guy and Janet Jackson.. though I kinda like Family Guy, so just Janet. All this so you could be the talk of the water cooler for showing us a very disappointing boob.

Thanks Janet, now I have people following me around with cameras and wetnaps.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Whitedog127 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whitedog127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 3:03am
Frankly, I don't see why we need to have ads for toilet paper at all. Honestly, we all know where to find it and what it's for--why do we need commercials for it?
Braaaandy Aaaaalexaaaaaander!
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2013 at 3:33pm
I hate when ads feature a british person just to class up a product. Oh let's not have a dirty smelly American talk about wiping their ass, let's let Mary Poppins over here talk about "having a go" and "bums", INSTA CLASS. Ok we get it, there's an alternative (complimentary?) product to dry TP. Do people really need to be convinced to use it?? Either you like wiping your ass with a wet product or you don't.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2013 at 3:55pm

Hey, I just realized something.  I never see pink or green or blue toilet paper anymore.  It used to come in all sorts of colors ('cept brown, of course).  When did this happen? 

I protest! 

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2013 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

I hate when ads feature a british person just to class up a product. Oh let's not have a dirty smelly American talk about wiping their ass, let's let Mary Poppins over here talk about "having a go" and "bums", INSTA CLASS.

All they're missing is "loo" and "bullocks".

Codtaro!  Cottonelle needs you!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic