Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's nice we are having weather today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4041424344 175>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2014 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Tis the season of change, a harvest moon, the super moon finale.
Still nice late summer weather here for a few days, however by Friday, a forecast high temp of 55 and a low of 36.
I am getting into a fall frame of mind.

I wish I could say that.

Still having tropical weather down here.

Hot for most of the day, then abundant rain in the late afternoon/early evening that hangs around until it rains itself out around midnight.

Everything wet & soggy the next morning.

Probably a good month or so until the temps begin to moderate & the air begins to dry out.

Hopefully it won't take until friggin November like it has before.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2014 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Tis the season of change, a harvest moon, the super moon finale.
Still nice late summer weather here for a few days, however by Friday, a forecast high temp of 55 and a low of 36.
I am getting into a fall frame of mind.

Frigid!  It's still summer, fer Chrissakes!

Here, we have mid- to upper-90s all week.  It's a little cold at the moment, though---58 degrees.

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2014 at 3:36pm
Yesterday's high got up to 95 before the rain came in and cooled things down to the upper 70's, and it rained steady & hard for a good long while.  Pretty much the entire county got 2-3 inches - I was closer to the 3.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2014 at 3:46pm
I think we're in for a couple more days of rain before it slacks off.

Sure would be nice if a bit of that cool air that's sweeping across the north would slide on down this way a bit.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2014 at 9:32pm
The calm before the storm, warm 77, sunny.
The models I'm looking at bring the storms in about 1 am.
100% chance for rain, no watches or warnings yet, There is a flood watch north of here because of rain we didn't get with the last storms.
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2014 at 9:40pm
That cool front that is bringing areas up north into the low 50's should make its way down here this weekend. Granted we won't see lows any lower than the mid 60's, but it will be that first ushering in of dry fresh Canadian air.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2014 at 11:56pm
Threatening rain here right now, but as yet, hasn't begun.

Would sure love it if you could send some of those mid 60's & dry fresh Canadian air over this way!!!

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2014 at 12:21am
Coming down like a cow pissing on a flat rock now.

Tired of this sh*t.

Supposed to dry up for 2 or 3 days.

Then back to the soggy mess.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2014 at 3:44pm

It's a brisk 55 degrees right now.  By mid-afternoon, it's supposed to be 98.  That's a rise of 43 degrees in the space of about 8 hours.  

Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2014 at 3:51pm
^^ Christ that's some dry air. Is the humidity in the negatives?  LOL

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2014 at 4:04pm

The humidity right now is 85%.  I don't feel any humidity, though.  By the afternoon, it'll be in the teens.  I forget how all that works (the lower the temp, the higher the % of saturation even if there's no more actual moisture in the air than when the temps are high---or something like that), but this is typical.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2014 at 4:13pm
Supposed to me mostly "dry" (no rain, plenty of humidity) around here today, with rain chances around 20 - 30% for the next 2 - 3 days.

I could sure use a break from all the damned rain.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2014 at 4:18pm
We didn't get near the amount of rain forecast.
.20 inch at best. Warm, sticky.
67 degrees, 100% humidity, Dew Point 67
The winds will shift and pick up bringing cooler temps tonight.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2014 at 9:13pm
Already down to 58 at 3:10 central.
I have to cook some comfort food.
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2014 at 9:18pm
I usually make chili on the first genuine cool blast that comes through, the kind that pulls the overnight lows down a good 20 degrees.  This weekend isn't gonna qualify, in fact now they aren't sure it will fall below 70 at all, let alone mid 60's.

Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2014 at 3:19pm
Heat index was near 110 yesterday Angry  Not much relief until this weekend, so until then, you can sum it up in 7 words:

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2014 at 3:30pm
It was supposed to be mostly dry yesterday.

Poured down rain by mid afternoon.

Supposed to be mostly dry again today.

We'll see.

I need to mow my lawn.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2014 at 6:52pm
The low was 44 this morning, now it's only 49.
The lows tonight and Friday night might reach 35.
We are in a low area, cool air sinks, but with water on 2 sides, that keeps the temp up a little bit.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 2:29am

Got to about 100 today.  I even put on the air conditioning.  It's now 6:30, and 97 degrees.  I think we're set to cool down next week, maybe into the low 90s.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 2:36am
Feels pretty nice around here right now.

Temp around 80 or maybe high 70's @ 9:30 pm.

Humidity feels low. First time in a week or more that it hasn't rained.

Got my yard mowed this evening.

Hopefully I'll only have to do that once more this year.

C'mon, man!
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 3:40pm
It looks like today into midday tomorrow is gonna be the big rain slot from the approaching front.  Tomorrow's temps shouldn't get higher than 87 or so, and upper 60's for the low Big smile

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 3:43pm
I can't believe it frickin rained overnight!!!

All day yesterday it was dry as a bone. Rain chances were only around 20%.

Got thru the entire day with no rain.

Woke up this morning, the roof was dripping, & the driveway was wet.

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

Heat index was near 110 yesterday Angry  Not much relief until this weekend, so until then, you can sum it up in 7 words:

That guy looks a lot like my 10th grade science teacher.

He was also the varsity basketball coach.

Mr. Shepherd.

C'mon, man!
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 3:59pm
It is currently mostly sunny and 36°F (2.2°C) here in Shelton WA.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by Tampon Submarine Tampon Submarine wrote:

It is currently mostly sunny and 36°F (2.2°C) here in Shelton WA.

36° at 8:30 am PST in mid September???????

Really????

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4041424344 175>
  Share Topic