Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's nice we are having weather today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3940414243 175>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2014 at 5:10pm

Oh yeah, I mighta mentioned that in another thread.  It'd be me and my bro (who lives in NJ, and is going through a divorce).  We figured this'd be a good time to do it.  It'll be financially pragmatic for both of us, plus---well, we're getting older and we're pretty much the only family we have left.

Sponsored Links

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2014 at 5:20pm
Oh my - I didn't mean to pry. Sorry about your bro. That sucks. But you're right - cost of living in NY, NJ and CT are sky high. That's why we're looking to retire in Rhode Island. (I need a beach close by). I could never afford to retire where I live now.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2014 at 6:04pm

You weren't prying.  In fact, I mentioned my bro's marital woes here awhile back.  He's taking quite a financial hit with the divorce, but if we combine assets and share expenses, we can both live pretty well in PA.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2014 at 6:51pm
Got our first rain (in my section of town) in probably a month or more today.

There had been a good bit of rain all around us, but for some reason, none of it hit a couple/few mile radius that encompasses my neighborhood.

Came down pretty hard,too. Still drizzling.

Personally, I can do without it, but it does cool things down a bit.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2014 at 6:57pm
^^ That happens a lot to me too.  Heavy rain on the radar heading right for me but somehow it snakes around my exact location or fizzles out as it approaches.  It's been doing that the past couple days here, but I have a feeling it's gonna change over the weekend.

The coast got upwards of 4+ inches just yesterday alone.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2014 at 6:58pm
We should be in for more here over the weekend too.

I'm just living for October right now.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2014 at 7:01pm
It's building up over the Houston area as we speak and moving right this way.  And there's still a huge mass of heavy rainfall out in the NW Gulf that's gonna be drawn inland this direction. That's part of what's gonna be our huge rainmaker the next couple days.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2014 at 7:01pm
Warm and toasty, 80 and the humidity is back.
We got a light shower overnight, I watered pretty heavy also.
I saw some spots drying out when I was mowing.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2014 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

It's building up over the Houston area as we speak and moving right this way.  And there's still a huge mass of heavy rainfall out in the NW Gulf that's gonna be drawn inland this direction. That's part of what's gonna be our huge rainmaker the next couple days.

Yeah, but your state needs all the rain it can get, so I'm guessing you all are thankful for it.

The humidity here after that rain a little while ago is just thru the roof.

Yuck.

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2014 at 7:22pm
Looks like we're in for another soaking.

Went from being hot, sunny & humid 10 minutes ago, to being dark, cloudy & windy right now.

Temp has dropped about 15 - 20 degrees, wind blowing & thunder audible.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2014 at 7:43pm
We had several storms come through yesterday.
I have not mowed since Thurs., It's been warm.
The dew was really heavy, the grass is still growing like crazy.
Look Maw, no clumps.
It's a nice 75 now, a comfortable DP of only 57.
Windows open, allergies be damned.

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2014 at 8:31pm
about 91 here. it took until September to get a bunch of really hot and sticky days.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2014 at 8:37pm
All weekend the rain was primarily to the south, now today it's been building up to the north.  Out of all that 80% chance of a Labor Day weekend washout, I saw maybe 2 minutes of light rain LOL

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2014 at 4:23pm
Warming up quickly this morning to a high near 80.
I'm about to close the house up and turn on the AC.
One last blast of summer heat tomorrow with a high near 90, humid with a chance of some severe storms.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2014 at 4:26pm

A high of 80 around here would have me donning my sweats.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2014 at 5:13pm
Not me.

I'm still wearing shorts in January on days when the high only reaches into the 60's.

It has to get really cold for me to put on long pants or long sleeves.

Often, I'll wear a hoodie type sweat shirt, front open, over shorts.

As long as my shoulders & upper arms stay warm, the rest of me is OK.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2014 at 7:06pm

What I meant was that a high of 80 would have me donning sweats in the morning when it'd most likely be starting out in the mid 50s.  

I wear shorts when temps are in the 60s, too.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2014 at 7:24pm
Yeah, & I said that I wear shorts when the highs are in the 60's, which would mean the morning lows would be in the 40's.

Therefore, I wear shorts when the temps are below the 60's.

50's & 40's even.

So nyeh.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2014 at 7:52pm
I havn't had the jeans out unless I have some real dirty work going on.
The button fell off of my favorite shorts, I asked mama to fix it, can you believe she told me to buy a new pair?  Sheesh, women.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2014 at 9:23pm
There was 2 areas of storms this morning, one to the north and one to the south.
We got a little shower but like always the rain seems to avoid us.
We could still get a storm, but I doubt it with a temp of only 80.
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2014 at 7:08pm
Small yet heavy downpour headed this way. Notice how sunny it is here - well was about 15 minutes ago anyway.  It's gone now and that rain should start falling pretty soon.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2014 at 2:33am
Gawd, what slop!!!!

Started out pretty nice today. Got back home around 1:30.

By around 3:30 or so, it started to rain. Rained for awhile then let up.

Cool.

Then it began sprinkling again.

Then the sprinkle turned into a steady drizzle.

Still at it.

It's just soggy, sloppy soup now,

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2014 at 7:22pm
After a couple a days of rain, I'm guessing about an inch here, the cool front has come through.
Only 72, sunny, very dry air.
Some areas north of here got 3-4 inches, Door county got nearly 7.  Yikes.
Temps should be in the 70's till about Weds. Then fall arrives with highs only in the 60's.
Neil R View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2014 at 5:14am
Had some weird weather today, sunny skies and then downpours.
There's a bizarre area of pressure at the southern part of the state (GA) that's showing the potential to become a tropical depression yet it formed over land.
Go figure.
It wasn't too good for the Savannah State team that came to Statesboro to play Georgia Southern. The Eagles beat them 83 to 9.
Ouch.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2014 at 10:53am
Tis the season of change, a harvest moon, the super moon finale.
Still nice late summer weather here for a few days, however by Friday, a forecast high temp of 55 and a low of 36. I am getting into a fall frame of mind.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3940414243 175>
  Share Topic