Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's nice we are having weather today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 150151152153154 175>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by radioandnascarfan radioandnascarfan wrote:

I forgot to mention in my earlier post that the Keys would possibly be just a winter home to escape the cold Ohio winters for 3 months. I do know the Keys can have hurricanes in the summer.

Those places you mentioned are very nice and I know a few retiree friends who live there in the winter.

I'm sure places inland help with not being damaged badly as other parts of the state.

That would greatly improve their personal safety, even though if a hurricane was targeting the Keys, they'd probably have to evacuate anyway.

But still, just owning property down there is a financial risk.

Sky-high property insurance rates, too.

They'd probably be better off just renting a place down there for the winter. 

We'd probably be renting a house or mobile home for the winter. We actually rented a mobile home for a week before the pandemic hit in January of last year. It's a pretty big complex with many activities to do.
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 6:07pm

We'd probably be renting a house or mobile home for the winter. We actually rented a mobile home for a week before the pandemic hit in January of last year. It's a pretty big complex with many activities to do.

That would be the wisest move if you're going to the Keys.

Owning property down there is very expensive.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
radioandnascarfan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2021 at 4:27pm

I do know that owning property in the Keys is expensive.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2021 at 5:08pm

Home of the Week: NASCAR Yacht Club? Inside Dale Earnhardt Jr.’s Pirate-Inspired Key West Home

Avast me hearties, NASCAR Hall of Famer Dale Earnhardt Jr. is looking to sell his pirate ship-inspired home in the heart of ye olde Key West, Fla. for a big bag of gold doubloons, or $3.7 million in today’s currency.

Built in 1863 during the Civil War era, the two-story house celebrates Key West’s swashbuckling pirate past with a custom kitchen—sorry, galley—designed by Earnhardt Jr. himself, which could have come straight out of Jack Sparrow’s Black Pearl.

https://robbreport.com/shelter/homes-for-sale/nascar-dale-earnhardt-jr-key-west-home-2903909/

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2021 at 5:57pm
I'm surprised he's only asking $3.7 million for it.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2021 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Home of the Week: NASCAR Yacht Club? Inside Dale Earnhardt Jr.’s Pirate-Inspired Key West Home

Avast me hearties, NASCAR Hall of Famer Dale Earnhardt Jr. is looking to sell his pirate ship-inspired home in the heart of ye olde Key West, Fla. for a big bag of gold doubloons, or $3.7 million in today’s currency.

Built in 1863 during the Civil War era, the two-story house celebrates Key West’s swashbuckling pirate past with a custom kitchen—sorry, galley—designed by Earnhardt Jr. himself, which could have come straight out of Jack Sparrow’s Black Pearl.

https://robbreport.com/shelter/homes-for-sale/nascar-dale-earnhardt-jr-key-west-home-2903909/

That's a nice house. I didn't know Jr. had a house down there. 
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 6:36pm
^  Jr. has a podcast.  Dirty Mo Media. You can find it on YouTube. He has a lot of great guest with the inside stories about the history of NASCAR.

It was cold here this morning, 9 above.  Only 19 degrees right now.  I'm wondering, I have a gallon of water in my truck.  I should probably bring it in here.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 4:59pm
It's freaking cold!  I've been out twice today, the cold just cuts through my clothes. I needed water and cookies just to survive.  I can't drink the well water.  I got some milk, Nyquil and some vodka just to make life worth living.  Oh, I have French dip and Swiss sandwiches for later today and tomorrow morning.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 5:20pm

^  Jr. has a podcast.  Dirty Mo Media. You can find it on YouTube. He has a lot of great guest with the inside stories about the history of NASCAR.

It was cold here this morning, 9 above.  Only 19 degrees right now.  I'm wondering, I have a gallon of water in my truck.  I should probably bring it in here.

I'll have to check that podcast out.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 5:22pm

It's freaking cold!  I've been out twice today, the cold just cuts through my clothes. I needed water and cookies just to survive.  I can't drink the well water.  I got some milk, Nyquil and some vodka just to make life worth living.  Oh, I have French dip and Swiss sandwiches for later today and tomorrow morning.

It's still fairly cold but not as bad as it is where you're at. It's 28 where I'm at right now.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 4:06pm
There is a pretty good chance for some measurable snow tonight.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 5:01pm
Monday to Tuesday, we have a chance of both freezing rain and accumulating snow. They're saying maybe 4 to 8 inches.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 5:20pm
It's dreary and drizzly here today.

Soggy, soppy and wet.

A perfect day to go hang out in a shopping mall.

Too bad all the shopping malls are dead thanks to online shopping.

Dead

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 9:48pm
Gawd, what a POS day this has been!!!!! Angry

I was going to get out of the house for a few hours and get some exercise, but thanks to the chilly, soggy, drizzly crapola weather, I've been stuck inside the dungeon all frigging day!!!

F-THIS!!!!! Angry 

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 11:40pm

Gawd, what a POS day this has been!!!!! Angry

I was going to get out of the house for a few hours and get some exercise, but thanks to the chilly, soggy, drizzly crapola weather, I've been stuck inside the dungeon all frigging day!!!

F-THIS!!!!! Angry 

It always stinks when the weather affects your plans.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 3:51pm
I served my sentence of 15 minutes of hard labor.  There was a good 3 inches of snow on my truck.

I really should get more exercize.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 4:27pm
Much nicer today.

Just the opposite of yesterday.

Sunny and pleasant.

Maybe I'll get outside today.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 4:41pm
Damn!  I just saw two snowmobiles zoom by.  I doubt the river is safe.  Climate change may even affect  Stugeon  spearing.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2021 at 4:58pm
Probably safer than what these guys do....

C'mon, man!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 5:52am
Nice & warm today, and I felt like killing something, so I did some gardening and dug up some pest palms and vines...   Smile
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2021 at 1:39pm
It's cold!  I turn the heat back down after I get dressed.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2021 at 5:13pm
Only the low 20's for highs today.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2021 at 5:15pm

It's cold!  I turn the heat back down after I get dressed.

That's cold.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 3:37pm
More snow tonight. We are in the 3-5 range.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 3:44pm
2 degrees outside and 81 inside??

What's your heating bill gonna be?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 150151152153154 175>
  Share Topic