Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's nice we are having weather today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 100101102103104 175>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2017 at 7:41pm
Record highs were broken all over the place in this part of the country. I had 69 degrees.

Jimbo, I messed something up over here. I hit alt 0176 for a degree symbol and it knocks me off of the site to my homepage. Confused

From record warmth to a chance for some measurable snowfall.

Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2017 at 11:47am
The dog woke me up at 2:30 this morning, it was snowing like a mo fo.

I just heard some thunder...Thunder Snow!

Neither one of us has to go anywhere for a while, I'm in no hurry to clear the snow.
NiteRaidah View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 12:26am
It somehow hit 70 here. 

Bit disappointed I didn't spend more time outdoors.
I have 168 characters remaining.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 12:51am
Yea, 75 here today. was about 40 yesterday. This flippy-floppy weather has me so sick I can't see straight.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 11:50am
Mid-70s here yesterday, too.  Back to winter by tonight.

I think these little breaks in winter are God's way of keeping the suicide rate down.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 1:19pm
Those yo-yo temperature swings are typical January - February weather for Florida.

Mid 70's or low 80's during the day, then drops into the 30's overnight.

That's not every day though. In between those cold snaps, the overnight temps usually range from high 40's to mid 50's or so.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Those yo-yo temperature swings are typical January - February weather for Florida.

Mid 70's or low 80's during the day, then drops into the 30's overnight.

Doesn't that have more to do with cloud coverage and humidity?  The less cloud coverage/moisture, the wider the swings between day and night.

Where I used to live in CA, there were rarely any clouds during the summer, so temps could go from 55 at night to 100 during the day.  Desert-like, though in a less radical way.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Doesn't that have more to do with cloud coverage and humidity?  The less cloud coverage/moisture, the wider the swings between day and night.

Where I used to live in CA, there were rarely any clouds during the summer, so temps could go from 55 at night to 100 during the day.  Desert-like, though in a less radical way.

Doesn't work that way around here. Totally different dynamic at play.

During the winter, our "normal" weather, meaning weather uninfluenced by what's coming down from the north, is very moderate. Dry air with very low humidity levels, comfortably cool at night and comfortably warm in the daytime. When we get down into the 40's and below, it's because of some cold air mass being pushed down here by a dip in the jet stream.

So basically, it's not really "our" weather. It's Canada's and the upper Midwest's (akaron's) weather dropping in for a visit then moving on.

In the summer, the humidity effects how hot it feels. The higher the humidity, the higher the heat index which is like the wind chill factor in reverse.

When we get a lot of cloud coverage any time of year, it's usually accompanied by warm, humid and still air. Not so bad in fall, winter or spring, but those kind of days in summer are really worse than the hot sunny days because it's dead still. Not a breeze to be felt anywhere.

IOW, muggy.

At least on the hot sunny days we can look forward to the cooler afternoon sea breeze coming in. But... that usually also brings with it our afternoon thunderstorms because it causes condensation to occur in the upper atmosphere when the cool, dry air collides with the hot, still, humid air that's been just sitting over us like a blanket all day. The moisture molecules from the condensation begin colliding with one another causing massive electrical charges to build up, which in turn creates the horrific lightning and thunder.

That's basically Florida weather in a nutshell.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2017 at 8:11pm
Yes, when Canada wants to send that nasty cold weather down here, we are the ones that feel it first.

The southern US is a whole other world.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2017 at 12:11am
I still just blame it on you.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2017 at 12:38pm
^LOL

The high yesterday was about 45 with liquid precipitation...Today?

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2017 at 1:22pm
It might reach 90° here today!!!!!!!!!!

At least it won't be humid.

Back into the low 70's by Friday with overnight lows in the 50's.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2017 at 7:36pm
It's a friggin winter wonderland, my bro just called again. He is so pissed at his future ex-wife.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2017 at 7:56pm
Nice pic!!

What'd his wife/ex-wife do?

Did she cause all that snow?
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2017 at 8:07pm

This is crazy, Jimbo. He married a woman from Davenport, Iowa.

Insert sofa jokes here.

She wants either $8000 or my brother's sons Pontiac Firebird. Wacko
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2017 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Insert sofa jokes here.

ShockedConfused
Even though neither she, nor her husband were from Davenport, my sister got married there,
Good thing they never lived there.
She's dead now.
What's that tell you?
Insert sofa and/or dead ex-relative joke here.
Send me $8000 or your nephew's Pontiac Firebird.
WinkLOL

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2017 at 9:01pm

Insert sofa jokes here.

Or else what?

Sounds like it's time to empty out his bank accounts.

"Money??? What money??? I don't have any money!!!"

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2017 at 10:41pm
Isn't she entitled to 50% of the assets they acquired together?

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2017 at 5:27pm
^ It wouldn't amount to much, she might have helped with household bills and I'm sure he wouldn't let her make any of the mortgage payments.  I told him to talk to an attorney, he won't owe her much if anything at all.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2017 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Isn't she entitled to 50% of the assets they acquired together?

I'm not sure if every state does it that way. I think they call it "community property".

You'd have to check the Wisconsin divorce laws if you really wanted to find out.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2017 at 8:14pm
^ He lives in Indiana, and with what I heard last night. She probably owes him money.

Gold digging bitch!

It was cold here this morning, 10 above with wind chills below zero.  We will be riding the weather roller coaster for the next few months.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2017 at 7:53pm
Back to more normal winter weather here.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2017 at 7:34pm
I'm probably the only one that was up and out at 5:00 AM this morning, on my way home from the grocery store the moon was spectacular. Due west and very low on the horizon.

The low was in the single digits, it's still cold. I bought some more firewood.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2017 at 9:27pm
It's been pretty warm and very dry around here.

We're in for a little rain tomorrow I think, then the temp is going to take a bit of a dip for a few days.

Nice.

But alas, another nasty ol' hot, sticky Florida summer is well on its way.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2017 at 10:13pm

I'm probably the only one that was up and out at 5:00 AM this morning...

I'm outta the house almost every day at 5:18am.  Just this week, I started noticing a little light coming over the hills at that time.  That'll change tomorrow when DST returns.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 100101102103104 175>
  Share Topic