Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's nice we are having weather today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 155156157158159 175>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2021 at 6:56pm
We had some pretty heavy rain and storms and wind Thursday night and early Friday morning. It's much more calmer now.
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2021 at 12:48am
NASCAR screwed up!

For the first time in more than 50 years they decided to race on a dirt track. Truck loads of dirt were brought into the famous 1/2 mile oval at Bristol. 36 degrees of banking on the concrete track, it's like racing jet fighters in a gymnasium.

Well, I've been following the action. When the track is dry, there is so much dust in the air you can barely see the cars.  When the track is too wet, the drivers can't see and the mud hampers the cooling of the engines.

NASCAR is taking steps to attract new fans and keep loyal fans from leaving.  7 road course races versus only 2 in recent years. COTA in Austin, Road America in Elkhart Lake Wisconsin.  My dad raced there back in the 60s. I've been there to watch Xfinity races.
radioandnascarfan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2021 at 12:59am
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

NASCAR screwed up!

For the first time in more than 50 years they decided to race on a dirt track. Truck loads of dirt were brought into the famous 1/2 mile oval at Bristol. 36 degrees of banking on the concrete track, it's like racing jet fighters in a gymnasium.

Well, I've been following the action. When the track is dry, there is so much dust in the air you can barely see the cars.  When the track is too wet, the drivers can't see and the mud hampers the cooling of the engines.

NASCAR is taking steps to attract new fans and keep loyal fans from leaving.  7 road course races versus only 2 in recent years. COTA in Austin, Road America in Elkhart Lake Wisconsin.  My dad raced there back in the 60s. I've been there to watch Xfinity races.

They've postponed both the Cup and Truck races due to rain and flooding, and Tony Stewart isn't happy as he wanted the Cup to race on the dirt track he owns in Ohio, Eldora.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2021 at 1:11am
LOL
Yeah, go figure!  Tony Stewart is pissed off.  I won't post the video...Well, maybe I will!

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2021 at 5:19pm

LOL
Yeah, go figure!  Tony Stewart is pissed off.  I won't post the video...Well, maybe I will!

It's flagged anyway.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2021 at 5:20pm
Low 70's and windy today before dropping in the high 40's for tomorrow.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2021 at 5:22pm
The race was pretty good, though there were a lot of cautions. Definitely agree that it was hard to see the cars at times.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 5:46pm
The weather has a winter feel today, a high only in the 30s. Windy!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 6:08pm
It's beginning to get pretty warm here, but we're going to have one more cool snap in a couple of days.

Going down into the 40's on Friday morning.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2021 at 7:02pm
A little cool snap the next few days, but it may reach 70 on Easter and highs in the 70's next week.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 4:06pm
This warm streak in Wisconsin...Is it Global Warming/Climate Change?  Another predicted high of 75, very abby normal!

Average Weather on April 7 in Green Bay Wisconsin, United States

On April 7, the temperature in Green Bay typically ranges from 35°F to 48°F and is rarely below 25°F or above 63°F.

For reference, on July 19, the hottest day of the year, temperatures in Green Bay typically range from 62°F to 81°F, while on January 29, the coldest day of the year, they range from 12°F to 26°F.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 4:57pm
Some nice thunderstorms came through last night.  Just a steady rain right now. I'm glad Spring is here.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 7:06pm
We've had a few nice days here, but downpours and storms are expected later today.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 6:33pm
Nasty day here today.

Dark and cloudy with constant rain coming down.

Hopefully the rain will be over by around 3:00 pm like the weatherman said.

Guess we'll see.

It would be nice to get outside a little today. Stern Smile

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 7:07am
Quote Nasty day here today.

I'll say. Power was out for 10 hours because of it.  No TV, too cold/wet to do anything outside, too bored inside...  LOL
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 5:44pm
The weather in Orlando made the national news this morning, it looked like golf ball size hale...Hail yeah!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 6:18am
Yeah, got some of that zinging round, too (only pea-sized.) Very loud at the time... 
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 12:43pm

The weather in Orlando made the national news this morning, it looked like golf ball size hale...Hail yeah!

Didn't get any of it here where I live, thank goodness.

My car sits out in the open with just some tree branches over it.

A guy I used to work with once, bought a used car that had suffered hail damage.

It was a black Mazda RX7.

The surfaces of the hood, roof and trunk lid looked like the surface of a golf ball.

Sorta like.....

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 1:19pm

^ That's kinda cool.

And it reminded me of this car I used to see in SF in the 90s. Note the license plate. That was the time of the 1989 earthquake, during which a wall collapsed onto the car.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

^ That sounds like it mighta looked cool.

And it reminded me of this car I used to see in SF in the 90s. Note the license plate. That was the time of the 1989 earthquake, during which a wall collapsed onto the car.

And he was allowed to dive it around like that with no rear windshield to see through?

Sounds kinda dangerous.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 1:24pm

Is that a law? I dunno. Trucks
are OK with just a sideview mirror.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Is that a law? I dunno. Trucks
are OK with just a sideview mirror.

Yeah, I was thinking that when I was writing it, but it seems like for passenger cars there would be some kind of law that prohibits obstructed rear windshields or something.

I guess not, though. 

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 6:06pm
We're back to normal temps. for April. 50's to 60's as highs.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 5:15pm
There was snow on the roof of the boathouse this morning. I wonder how much it would cost to hire someone to take it down and haul it out of here.  If I was living in 'the City of', they would have had the owner tear it down 20 years ago.  Since I'm out here in the swamp, part of 'the town of' the rules are few and far between.  Still, it's kinda ugly out there and an attractive nuisance.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 6:27pm
I over slept this morning, that never happens. I should have done laundry and taken a shower. I turned the heat down early, it's still 78 in here. Only 53 outside. I opened a window.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 155156157158159 175>
  Share Topic