Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's nice we are having weather today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 147148149150151 175>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 3:19pm
A nice stretch of very nice weather this week. I can put my tools away and organize the shed.

Sponsored Links

radioandnascarfan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2020 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

A nice stretch of very nice weather this week. I can put my tools away and organize the shed.

The same thing is happening in Toledo, except highs will be in the low 70's a few of the days.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2020 at 6:13pm
It's freaking beautiful here today!  We could and should beat the record high for this date. The low 70s.

I even have a window open.  I'm either heating or chillin'!  Tongue

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2020 at 7:16pm
Absolutely beautiful here today too! And we're likely to set record highs too.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 2:15pm
I can't believe that we are just over two weeks away from Thanksgiving and we're still dealing with tropical storm weather!!!!

Enough of this sh*t already!!!!! Angry
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 3:16pm
  ^    Etta be alright!  Tongue

The last day of this very warm weather. Since I had the extension cord out (100') I vacuumed the drivers side of my truck. I cleaned the inside glass in my truck. The picture windows in the living room and I put the tractor away.  Oh, I put the dryer vent back on the hose.  I bought some apple sauce so I don't snack on just cookies.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 4:38pm
We will potentially break a record today with a high of 75!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2020 at 1:49pm
This entire year has been one long clusterf**k.

Here we are in mid November and I'm running the a/c every night and there's a friggin hurricane just sitting in the Gulf of Meh-hee-co making it constantly wet, cloudy and miserable.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2020 at 3:02pm
It's cold here now. 35 degrees. Time to turn up the heat and put on a sweatshirt.

One of my smoke alarms started chirping last night about midnight.  I guess it needs a new battery. Try sleeping through that, every 60 seconds or so.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2020 at 4:25pm
I egt some good passive solar heat from the windows...

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2020 at 2:19am
It's 35 here too. We're getting back to fall.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 5:22pm
It's as windy as a mo fo out there.  I hope one of my big old trees doesn't fall on me.

Wind Advisory
  • Brown, WI
  • Calumet, WI
  • Door, WI
  • Kewaunee, WI
  • Manitowoc, WI
  • Marathon, WI
  • Outagamie, WI
  • Portage, WI
  • Shawano, WI
  • Southern Marinette County, WI
  • Southern Oconto County, WI
  • Waupaca, WI
  • Waushara, WI
  • Winnebago, WI
  • Wood, WI
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 5:42pm
It still feels almost like Swamptember around here.

Slowly getting a little cooler, but very gradually.

Supposed to get nice this week sometime.

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 11:38pm
It's been very windy all day too where I'm at, with winds gusting at times over 60 mph.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2020 at 4:52pm
There is a brutal wind out of the north here today, 28 degrees!  And it's not even winter yet.  Welcome to Wisconsin.  I had a low tire light come on while I was out, 28 PSI triggers it. I am able to see the pressure of all 4 tires from inside the cab.  I usually gain a pound or two when I drive to the big O.  Not today! Damned if I didn't get an email about my tire too!  I think I lose that service after 1 year, I sure as hell am not going to pay for it.

Jeff, the guy who sold me the snowblower, had trouble finding my house. The address is above my front door but it's hard to see it from the street.  The US Mail lady was in my neighbors driveway when I was leaving.  She asked me what my neighbors address was.  Beats me! I do know their name but I didn't think of that and neither did she.  Many towns have signs out in their yards to help with emergency fire or medical calls.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2020 at 8:36pm
Today may be our first big snowstorm of the year. It will continue into tomorrow. Toledo will likely get 2 inches, while southeast will have more and northwest will have less.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2020 at 6:34pm
Here I am, more lyrics...

Oh, it's a sunny day outside my window
Oh, it's a sunny day outside my window

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2020 at 4:34pm
It's been seasonal for the past week. Highs range from the mid 30's to the low 40's.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 4:52pm
It's been a mild Fall season so far, above normal temps.  The utility bill (gas & electric) is only $126. It was $129 last month.  Let's see how it looks in February.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 5:10pm
There must be something wrong with PostImage.  I tried to post a pic and it won't come up.  Then I get this f*cking error message and lost everything I typed.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 7:46am
The long and bumpy road that leads to my...

I left a gallon of water in my truck. The temp outside is 24 degrees.  I had better go fetch it.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2020 at 5:27pm
The site is giving me crap!

Thor was talking about 10 inches of snow in Jersey. How would you like to be this guy?

Upstate New York driver gets stuck in car for 10 hours after snow plow covers him with nearly 4 feet of snow

By Artemis Moshtaghian, CNN

When police rescued the driver, he had  hypothermia and frostbite because his car had no heat

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2020 at 3:53am
They're saying we might get a decent amount of snow on Christmas Eve.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2020 at 5:10pm
Only one more day of these mild temps.  Then the bottom drops out. A true test of how warm this place will be in the dead of winter. Wind chills below zero on Christmas day.

I sucked up my pride and went back to the scene of the crime. The Applesauce Episode.  I need a convenient place for the basic stuff I need.  The way my hip feels these days, I should find a wheel chair with big knobby tires.  And a sulky for the snow blower.  I should probably just sell this house.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2020 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Only one more day of these mild temps.  Then the bottom drops out. A true test of how warm this place will be in the dead of winter. Wind chills below zero on Christmas day.

I sucked up my pride and went back to the scene of the crime. The Applesauce Episode.  I need a convenient place for the basic stuff I need.  The way my hip feels these days, I should find a wheel chair with big knobby tires.  And a sulky for the snow blower.  I should probably just sell this house.

Only a high of 24 on Christmas Day where I'm at.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 147148149150151 175>
  Share Topic