Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's nice we are having weather today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 128129130131132 175>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2018 at 4:45pm
They are predicting 2 or 3 inches of heavy wet snow by Sunday evening.  My snowblower sucks with wet snow, Mama said she would help me shovel it.

Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2018 at 5:49pm
With a temp. of 35 degrees in Green Bay, the leading edge of the precip. is rain.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 10:14am
I had to go uptown to get some milk and 7-UP, it's nasty out there.  I also pushed the snow off of the majority of the driveway, the 2/3s we use anyway.

Not bad for an old man with a bad hip.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 5:46pm
It was a very mild, for this time of the year, 46 degrees yesterday morning. A cold slap in the face since then with a low this morning of 14.  Another dusting of snow, not enough to hurt myself for.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 5:54pm
We keep flippy-flopping between 20 and 70 every few days. It is currently 64, according to my sinuses.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 5:55pm
I just made a run up town. When I left it was sprinkling rain, on the way home it changed to sleet.  Now, it's snowing!  We could get 3 to 5 inches. Ouch  The iceholes were out there before dawn this morning. The fishing must be good!  Or their home life isn't!  Other neighbors have reported them for pissing in public.

I have gone out there and yelled at them myself! I was a little more badass back then and of course Leah went with me.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2019 at 5:58am
HAPPY NEW YEAR

I was worried that the snow might be too wet for my snowblower. It wasn't! My pants are wet, so are my shoes. My fingers are cold but I got the driveway done.  Sorry to my next door neighbors.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2019 at 4:58pm
Sunny, 70 with a wonderful breeze.
Friggin' global warming!
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2019 at 6:16pm
It's a cold 23 degrees.  I have the blower going on the wood stove to keep the temp. in the low 70s.  Mama hates it!  The noise, that is.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2019 at 6:30pm
Our HIGH today will be 51 and a huge storm is heading our way - flooding EXPECTED
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2019 at 9:54pm
Felt like June outside today.

Downright hot out in the sun.

Supposed to be over 80° for the next few days.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 4:50pm
We could meet or beat the record high for this date.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2019 at 6:05pm
We're in the mid-50's and we were supposed to have had a terrible storm with certain flooding, last night...but the storm never made it here - it called in for a 'rain check'.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 5:30pm
It's cold!!  17 degrees in Green Bay.  With a 15 MPH wind it feels like 2 above zero.  I've been out several times today and believe me, it feels COLD!  It's been pretty mild so far this winter with above normal temps and less than the usual precipitation.  The river is open water. Usually frozen solid with snowmobiles buzzing by.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 7:24am
Wouldn't you know it...Here we start dog sitting today and the coldest air of the season is moving in. Mama has had the dog out about 6pm and again just a few minutes ago.. Thank you, sweetheart. I don't want to go out there in my robe.  11 degrees! It's snowing and windy.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2019 at 2:33pm
I've been getting ready for the next winter weather event.  I went to the grocery store this morning, I have a roast and some potatoes in the crock pot.  I'm going to pick up a little more firewood, get it inside before the snowfall starts.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2019 at 3:02pm
I've been out doing some of the hand shoveling, I'd say about 4 inches so far. Still snowing pretty good.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2019 at 4:33pm
It was 25 for the last few days...and it is going to be 65, today.
CryI miss my snow...I need to go back North for a bit.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 8:38am
I heard the furnace running at about 10:00 last night, the digital converter had shut itself off too.  The bed felt so nice and warm I didn't want to get up. Tough titty! There was enough hot coals left to restart the wood burner without much problem.  Mama was asleep on the couch, the dog gave her some face because she wanted to go outside.  It's only 8 degrees out right now, that's better than (0)! Tongue  But look out for the next few days!!

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 5:48pm
The low this morning in Green Bay was 22 degrees BELOW zero. It sure is purdy, the wood burner has trouble keeping it warm in here without a little help from the furnace.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 5:50pm
Oh, oh, oh!  6 to 12 inches of new snow on Monday! Ouch
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Everybody send aka ron their spare ice picks so he can chip his way out!!!

Oh wait, they can't be delivered because of the snow and ice anyway...

Hang in there, buddy!!!

Hope you've got plenty of food and drink stocked up!!!

But don't feel too bad.

We're gonna be rainy all day Sunday and it's only gonna be in the 50's!!!!

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 1:44am
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 5:29am
Confused Truthfully, I started to respond about how jealous I was about not being in aka's wonderful weather...but then I got a *little* scared. Been away from the constant cold for maybe a little too long - it may take me a minute to get re-acclimated, doncha know...
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 10:22am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Everybody send aka ron their spare ice picks so he can chip his way out!!!

Oh wait, they can't be delivered because of the snow and ice anyway...

Hang in there, buddy!!!

Hope you've got plenty of food and drink stocked up!!!

But don't feel too bad.

We're gonna be rainy all day Sunday and it's only gonna be in the 50's!!!!

I did just make a run to the grocery store, I'll go get a little more firewood and I shouldn't have to go anywhere the next 2 or 3 days. 
The dog is feeling better but she is still not eating the way she should. I bought a can of dog food to hopefully compel her to eat something more.

I am also trying to copy Culver's chili recipe. It should be good.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 128129130131132 175>
  Share Topic