Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's nice we are having weather today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 124125126127128 175>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 8:34am
I try to be a good host, the host with the most!

I did a quick cleanup of the main traffic areas and the guest bathroom, I forgot one very important thing.

TOILET PAPER!!  Sorry, boys and girls. Embarrassed
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 5:59pm
Our friends and I on the right...

That's Mama front left, Luann's (Lucy's) current male friend (Blaine) without benefits.  He looks like Ted Danson!!  LOL

LuAnn, long time friend of my wife.  And her son, Rollie.

Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 2:49am
I performed this screen dump of our local weather today at approx. 4:17pm PDT:

We don't have AC; only a couple of medium-sized fans in the whole house. :-/

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 7:47am
Originally posted by Angry McPisseron Angry McPisseron wrote:

ShockedOuchTHAT is simply unbelievable and not meant for humankind, especially in Washington State there, Ang....can anyone say 'Global Warming'?
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 1:25am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Originally posted by Angry McPisseron Angry McPisseron wrote:

<pre style="line-height: normal;">

ShockedOuchTHAT is simply unbelievable and not meant for humankind, especially in Washington State there, Ang....can anyone say 'Global Warming'?

OMG! Holy Angry that's gotta be very uncomfortable! I can't stand anything above 90° I can't imagine 110° I know at 80° I sweat from every oriface at 110° I'm probably sweating from orifaces I never knew I had. I know at 80° and above I feel like I'm in an oven. At 110° I probably feel like I'm in a microwave(?) I don't know, I haven't felt it!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 4:30pm
Much less humidity today but the house still feels too warm.  I'm toughing it out, it's NOTHING like what Angry S was dealing with.

I trimmed the Ash tree today, I was having to duck while mowing the lawn and the sprinklers were even hitting the low branches. I also trimmed the lower branches on the Maple in the dog run. Those limbs were getting very close to the neighbors house. My reach is only 7 feet, the pole pruner extends to about 10 feet. I cut what I could reach.  I'm sure they know that they can cut half of the tree away if they wanted to, anything that crosses the property line.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 4:59pm
Right now it's sunny out today it's gonna rain! I hate the exaggeration and frightening langage The Weather Channel does to get ratings."FLASH FLOOD WARNING!" "WINDS OVER 60 MPH!" FFS just say it's gonna be windy and rainy is that too hard to ask? You won't believe this, they actually made a big deal about hearing thunder in a video clip of a storm in Brooklyn, New York. Da F#@&!? Thunder has been around for billions of years and NOW you make a big deal about it!? Oh I see you wanna show how DANGEROUS it's out there well duh, only a moron would stand outside during a thunderstorm!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 6:03pm
Cool air has arrived, it's 73 in the kitchen.  Time to turn the fans down. We had some big storms last night.
That's what motivated me to clean the gutters, I could hear the gutter overflow next to the window at my desk.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 6:33pm
Big thunderstorm just to the south of me.

Will we get some of it?

Only the weatherman knows for sure.

And he isn't talking just now.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 7:51pm
On the date of our eldest cat passing it's been sun, then clouds, then sun, then more clouds now it's back to sun.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2018 at 4:21am
Well, it's finally August.

Not any kind of great improvement over July in terms of the weather, but at least we've crossed that threshold from middle summer into the beginning of late summer.

So that's encouraging anyway.

Pre-season football starts in a week or so, then before you know it, it's September, then soon, fall is here. Several months of comfortable weather right around the corner and a nice, long vacation from yardwork!!!!

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2018 at 10:59am
The heat and humidity around here is literally killing me. More breathing problems which lead to more TIAs, one of which I had in the car while driving to an ATM at 4:30 AM.
Living in this hell hole because I just have to care for my elderly parents, but these days I'm not sure who will be the first to vacate the
We left Texas around 2001 and lived happy and healthy in the cool GreatWhiteNorth after I got tired of waking up in Emergency Rooms suffering TIAs combined with heat strokes. Stroke got the Missus and now the TIAs are back with me, even when I'm in air conditioned. The stinkin' humidity!!! I NEED my cold climate and will head back for respite.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2018 at 11:57am
Hot and humid here this weekend. Our seasons are pretty well defined, things will change in early September.

https://screenshotscdn.firefoxusercontent.com/images/337544aa-d329-4037-a96c-1fc10a58904d.png
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2018 at 2:20pm
^ That looks almost like one of our WINTER forcasts!!!

Save for that one "blistering hot" 90° day.

We're hoping that by September our daytime high goes DOWN to 90°!!!

Those daytime temps in the 80's are what we look for in November and the one in the 70's we expect to see by mid December.

And I'd kill for night time lows in the 60's and 50's!!!!

C'mon, man!
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 1:06am

Shelton Washington (right near the Pacific coast) simply isn't supposed to get this gosh darn-diddly-arn hot -- and we have no AC! Just a floor fan in our room and a box fan in the living room. :-/

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 5:19pm
That's cruel and unusual heat there, Angry S.  I hope you and your family can find some kind of refuge.

Have you considered a window air conditioner?  I closed off the living room at one of my places in Indiana.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

That's cruel and unusual heat there, Angry S.  I hope you and your family can find some kind of refuge.

Have you considered a window air conditioner?  I closed off the living room at one of my places in Indiana.

I've been considering one of those portable a/C's...

...maybe next summer.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2018 at 5:05pm
IT'S HOT!!

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2018 at 7:08pm
There was a topic over on the CF. What is your thermostat setting?

78  degrees feels fine here.  As long as I'm not working on something, or sleeping.
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2018 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Yes I've most definitely considered a window AC for the room we rent, but right now there just isn't the $ for one. Cry

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 6:38pm
Today is the first day in a couple of weeks that I shut off the A/C and opened the windows.  It's right on the edge of comfort for me right now.

We were going to take the boat out...

I cleaned the house, got 5 more gallons of gas for the boat. I had to call our guests and cancel.  I feel bad about it, I was just being lazy and selfish.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 9:43pm
Wow, that is some awesome weather you're having up there aka.

Been in the mid 90's down here and with the heat index it's over 100°

Beginning to feel a bit like late summer though. Getting drier and hotter but there's a breeze blowing most of the day. That is pretty much standard for late August down here.

Hoping the heat will break a little bit by mid to late September.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2018 at 5:44pm
It's rained almost every day this summer so far.  I'd say we've had maybe 3 nice days this year.  By nice, I mean warm, no rain, low humidity, blue skies.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 5:07pm
We have been pounded with round after round of heavy rain in the past 36 to 48 hours with more coming later today. We are on the edge of the 3-4 inch range. I imagine Mr. sump pump will start working before the day is out.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 8:19pm
We're still getting our daily thunderstorms around here.

I'm sick of it.

Hot and steamy for the first half of the day, then pours down rain like a cow pissing on a flat Rock the second half.

The only good thing about it is how cool it gets during these storms. Temperature drops a good 20° or more in the space of a few minutes.

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 124125126127128 175>
  Share Topic