Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's nice we are having weather today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 115116117118119 175>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2018 at 7:32pm
I just noticed something very odd about the pic I posted on the previous page, of the temperatures here in Florida.

The day, time and temps update in accordance with the update on the website.

Right now, as I'm posting this, in the upper left corner of the pic it says Wed 2:15 pm.

But I posted the pic on Tuesday at 2:35 pm. You can see the post time.

I bet later on today, the time will read differently and tomorrow it will say Thurs.

Pretty strange. I didn't expect it to do that.

EDIT: Now it says Wed 2:30 pm. Must update every 15 minutes.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2018 at 9:11pm
Yeah, it now says 4pm...unlike the "time posted" on my post, which says 1:11pm.

The internet is a magical, magical place.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2018 at 11:10pm
It snowed today in North Florida today up around Tallahassee.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
NiteRaidah View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2018 at 11:22pm
5-12 inches of snow, winds gusting to 40-50 mph (hoping and praying to every available deity our good luck with not losing power doesn't run out), then another few days of mid-single digit weather and -15 to -20-ish wind chill.

Sigh.
I have 168 characters remaining.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2018 at 12:29am
The thermostat at The Estate In The Swamp has been officially set to 'HELL' and each old peep has their own Amish Fireplace, big screen idiot box , and Rastus here, cookin' 'da dinna and takin' demands.
I'm thinking about opening up a crematorium right away....
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2018 at 2:08am
Wait until summer! LOL
Poiuyt Power!!!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2018 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by regulus regulus wrote:

Wait until summer! LOL

It's miserable out there.  Snow's blowing sideways.  It's a powdery snow, so I guess it's gonna continue swirling around for the next several days, until the winds subside.  So, tomorrow, we'll have frigid temps, blowing snow...and horrible roads.  The ride home from work was a bit treacherous.  I didn't spin out or anything, but I could feel the car was slipping a bit.  I guess it's nearly pointless to plow when the snow just blows around.

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2018 at 10:56pm
The plows were out later this evening, this morning getting to breakfast there were none. Got my seat LOL had one hell of a time getting up the hill on Heights Drive afterwords. We fishtailed a couple of times but didn't lose control, dad was driving. Had to shovel twice, boy that was fun. First time I focused on the garage and driveway, second time the end of the driveway got a lot done I was out there for an hour both times! More snow in the evening Monday whoppee.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2018 at 11:24pm
We have somewhere between 7 and 9 inches of snow here in The Swamp. Got NO IDEA what is slithering around under all of it.
Screw a bunch of this - I'm going back to the GWN where I am safe! Well, maybe in a week when the temps get back between 50 and 60....
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
CapeCat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapeCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 12:23am
My town, which is on the north side of the Cape,  is all over the news for high flooding tides today that submerged a lot of the roads and poured into the basements throughout the little downtown area.  We didn't get much snow yet - it's really just starting after a lot of rain, mixed rain and snow, and bands of ice pellets - but the winds have been awesomely bad all day - we had a 77 mph gust - and it's going to freeze up  solid this evening as another round of record cold flies in with the tailwinds.    Looks like we'll be getting up extra early to dig out as much as we can, although it sounds as though we'll be dealing with more ice than anything else.  It's a mess out there.Ouch
CapeCat
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 1:14am
ShockedThe Buffalo News posted the below pic that reminded me of some of the earliest stories and pics I ever posted on CIH a half-a-generation ago...with wind-chill, it is -30 up around The Den today. I remember -30 when MissyD (Direct Link To This Post<--10+years back) was close by and times just couldn't be warmer and more joyous...
Some of the Buffalo Niagara’s coldest air of the season is expected to freeze more of Lake Erie and Lake Ontario and add to the icy landscape around Niagara Falls. (Sharon Cantillon/Buffalo News)
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 8:00pm
Nice and mild again today, about 40 degrees. One more day of warm weather before we get some rain, snow and colder temperatures.  I just picked up another load of firewood.

I compared the utility bills from this time last year and we are doing very well at saving or not wasting energy. The latest bill for gas and electricity was about $155, it was $185 last year and it has been MUCH colder than last year. That motivates me.

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 12:41am
Rain and higher temperatures expected Friday. Flooding is expected. Nothing like what in happened in California I feel bad for those people!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 2:24am
Current temps down here at 9pm Wed. 1/10/18

It was warm, overcast and humid today.

Low to mid 70's.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 11:59am
The computer is saying it's 47 degrees outside. Wow just wow!
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 2:40pm
Holy moly last time my dad checked the temperature it was 36-38° Farenheight!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 6:27pm
It's still close to 50 and they are letting kids out of school early, they must be worried about ice.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 9:12pm
Current temps here:

Partly/mostly sunny, slight breeze blowing.

Feels nice out.

C'mon, man!
NiteRaidah View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 4:14pm
I swear to God this is the only part of the country where you can get record low and record high temps in a span of about a week....
I have 168 characters remaining.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 6:09pm
We've had that wild temperature swing here too, I'm not complaining but it's cold again now.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by NiteRaidah NiteRaidah wrote:

I swear to God this is the only part of the country where you can get record low and record high temps in a span of about a week....

Same thing happens here.

It'll be freezing for two or three nights in a row with temps rising only into the 50's during the daytime, then a couple of days later, it only goes into the low 70's at night and you're sweating in the heat during the day.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 11:35am
We have a large area of unsettled weather heading our way. They are saying it should start as rain late tonight then turn to ice and snow.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 3:22pm

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 8:00pm
Cold, nasty, rainy ugly weather.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 8:32pm
Fog and rain,
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 115116117118119 175>
  Share Topic