Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's nice we are having weather today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 112113114115116 175>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 4:17pm
Holy moley!

Lots of wind damage in a lot of the state, we were lucky to be in the northwest part of the state! We got rain and strong winds but nothing to the extent of the other parts. Yeeesh!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 4:26pm
It's actually a touch on the chilly side here today.

Nice and DRY too!!!

Love it!!!!
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 4:41pm
I'm putting a life size cutout of Harvey Weinstein on the porch tomorrow night.  He'll have his arm around Kevin Spacey.   That should keep the little monsters away.  Evil Smile
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 5:08pm
^ROFL!

Yeah I also heard about the cooler weather coming, 'bout time! We turn the clocks back next weekend. Nuts!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 1:42pm
I'm stuck working inside, a lot more leaves to deal with but it's too cold outside.
A heavy frost and only 23 degrees. I will damage the grass if I don't wait. The coldest air of the season and even a chance for snow tonight.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I'm stuck working inside, a lot more leaves to deal with but it's too cold outside.
A heavy frost and only 23 degrees. I will damage the grass if I don't wait. The coldest air of the season and even a chance for snow tonight.

Meanwhile, down in my neck of the woods swamp, it feels like June outside.

And I'm not bragging about it, either.

It sucks. (By about 10° anyway)

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 5:19pm
It's a cold and nasty mofo out there! I ran the blower out of gas working in the former dog run, I have not done anything back there because...well, she is not with us anymore.  I needed more 2 cycle oil before I can mix some more gas.  It's colder than a witches breasts!  I found these online, Thor might recognize some of them.

The best ‘It’s So Cold…’ jokes for New Jersey

• It’s so cold, hitchhikers were showing pictures of their thumbs.
  • It’s so cold, people riding the subway weren’t offended by other riders brushing up against them.
  • It’s so cold, the cows outside threatened to strike unless they got bras to cover their udders.
  • It’s so cold, NJ politicians have their hands in their own pockets.
  • It’s so cold, someone spilled hot coffee on me and I thanked them.
  • It’s so cold, a group of chickens walked into a KFC asking to warm up.
  • It’s so cold, even the Good Humor man is in a bad mood.
  • It’s so cold that I can’t even get into a heated argument with my wife.
  • It’s so cold pickpockets are calling in sick.
  • It’s so cold Richard Simmons is actually wearing pants.

aka ron View Drop Down
    Honor Roll
    Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 1:53pm
    We have a new record low temp. for 11-10. 11 frigid degrees.

Jimbo View Drop Down
    Honor Roll
    Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 4:18pm
    Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

It's a cold and nasty mofo out there! I ran the blower out of gas working in the former dog run, I have not done anything back there because...well, she is not with us anymore.  I needed more 2 cycle oil before I can mix some more gas.  It's colder than a witches breasts!  I found these online, Thor might recognize some of them.

The best ‘It’s So Cold…’ jokes for New Jersey

• It’s so cold, hitchhikers were showing pictures of their thumbs.
  • It’s so cold, people riding the subway weren’t offended by other riders brushing up against them.
  • It’s so cold, the cows outside threatened to strike unless they got bras to cover their udders.
  • It’s so cold, NJ politicians have their hands in their own pockets.
  • It’s so cold, someone spilled hot coffee on me and I thanked them.
  • It’s so cold, a group of chickens walked into a KFC asking to warm up.
  • It’s so cold, even the Good Humor man is in a bad mood.
  • It’s so cold that I can’t even get into a heated argument with my wife.
  • It’s so cold pickpockets are calling in sick.
  • It’s so cold Richard Simmons is actually wearing pants.

• D'ose ver some goot vuns!!!

C'mon, man!
    aka ron View Drop Down
    Honor Roll
    Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 4:53pm
    LOL

Jimbo View Drop Down
    Honor Roll
    Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 5:26pm
    Conan O'brien used to have a lot of fun with Ah'nuld on his old NBC show.

This one is funny as hell...

If want to see more like that one, here's a link to a YouTube search result with several of them.

C'mon, man!
    aka ron View Drop Down
    Honor Roll
    Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 5:40pm
    LOLLOL

That's great!
    Ad nauseous View Drop Down
    Revolutionary
    Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 8:21pm
    10-11° F? Oh man I feel guilty for complaining about 32° F temperature! Cold and windy here. Don't want to go outside for ANY reason AT ALL! Now wind has died down since this afternoon. Probably due to fact the sun's going down. We Might go out for dinner tonight, who knows. Oh we briefly lost power for like a second. It was like a blip, on one second, off the next, then back on!

Oh that Conan O'Brien clip was hilarious, I could not get enough of those moving-mouths-of-famous-people skits. Why'd he stop doing them? For some odd reason I think those days as carefree compared to the serious cluster**** of today. Today everything is tinged with a political motive comedy wise. You can't make comedy today without some political slant to it. IDK maybe it's me.
    Jimbo View Drop Down
    Honor Roll
    Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 10:16pm
    Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

10-11° F? Oh man I feel guilty for complaining about 32° F temperature! Cold and windy here. Don't want to go outside for ANY reason AT ALL! Now wind has died down since this afternoon. Probably due to fact the sun's going down. We Might go out for dinner tonight, who knows. Oh we briefly lost power for like a second. It was like a blip, on one second, off the next, then back on!

Oh that Conan O'Brien clip was hilarious, I could not get enough of those moving-mouths-of-famous-people skits. Why'd he stop doing them? For some odd reason I think those days as carefree compared to the serious cluster**** of today. Today everything is tinged with a political motive comedy wise. You can't make comedy today without some political slant to it. IDK maybe it's me.

Re: Conan, I had to quit watching him when he moved to cable, because I haven't gotten cable TV since 2003. I kind of doubt his show is as good as it was back before he took over The Tonight Show from Leno (who then came and took it back from him).

The original Late Nite With Conan O'Brien, the show he stepped into Letterman's shoes for, was one of the funniest shows in the history of TV I think. Some of the characters he did on that show like the masturbating bear and Mafia Jesus etc, etc, really pushed the envelope of what could be gotten away with on TV.

I truly miss that show!!!

C'mon, man!
    aka ron View Drop Down
    Honor Roll
    Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2017 at 8:15am
    We may be looking at our first measurable snowfall of the season.

aka ron View Drop Down
    Honor Roll
    Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 5:20pm
    I woke up to the sound of the furnace running, I hate when that happens.  I have it set at 65 degrees.

It was very mild yesterday with a high near 50. When I got up, a little after midnight, it was still 46 according to the computer.  A BIG cold front has come through now and it's 32 and still dropping.
    Jimbo View Drop Down
    Honor Roll
    Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 6:19pm
    Wet and soggy here today.

Supposed to be a little drier tomorrow, then wet(ter) and soggy(er) again on Thanksgiving.

C'mon, man!
    aka ron View Drop Down
    Honor Roll
    Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 3:35pm
    Warmer than normal here today, I've already cleaned a gutter and blown and chopped leaves in the backyard.

Jimbo View Drop Down
    Honor Roll
    Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 3:46pm
    Kinda cloudy damp and dreary here today.

C'mon, man!
    aka ron View Drop Down
    Honor Roll
    Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 5:18pm
    It's freaking gorgeous outside today! Sunny, 58 degrees with light winds.  I went out and blew some leaves, swept out the garage. What's all that stuff about Climate Change?
    aka ron View Drop Down
    Honor Roll
    Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 6:23pm
    Still pretty mild here, not as windy as yesterday. When it's windy, the leaves accumulate in certain areas, I call them leaf drifts.  I got the back porch cleared off, no problem.  I shut the blower off so I could walk through the house and do the leaves by the front door.  It wouldn't start.  My measurements when I mix the oil with the gas are not exact, I thought it might be the spark plug.  The trimmer uses the same plug...an RCJ6Y. That didn't fix it, I gave it a shot of starting fluid. This will tell me if it's a fuel delivery problem.  Still won't run! I'll take it apart tomorrow and try to find the problem.
    aka ron View Drop Down
    Honor Roll
    Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 10:58am
    Big changes here, we set a new record high yesterday with 61 degrees. A cold front is moving through.

Very windy and we are down to about 30 right now.
    Jimbo View Drop Down
    Honor Roll
    Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 12:55pm
    Been pretty warm here, but the temps are going to be dropping significantly by the weekend.

I think on Saturday the HIGH temp will be in the 50's

BRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

C'mon, man!
    aka ron View Drop Down
    Honor Roll
    Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2017 at 1:37pm
    Only a dusting of snow here, not even enough to shovel and I'm OK with that.
    Jimbo View Drop Down
    Honor Roll
    Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2017 at 1:50pm
    Wet & chilly here.

Temps dropping as cold front moves in.

Supposed to start clearing and getting cooler by late morning.

Got some nights in the 30's ahead.

C'mon, man!
     Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 112113114115116 175>
      Share Topic