Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's nice we are having weather today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 108109110111112 175>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 9:56pm
Maybe one day we'll see a rescue that doesn't work out, and the person gets swept away.

In these kinds of disasters (floods, tornadoes, fires), I tend to think more about the pets than the people.

Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 10:03pm
Same here.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 11:38pm
The Humane Society of the United States is on the job.  They've dispatched people in their Animal Rescue Team and are setting up at the Cleveland Amory Black Beauty Ranch.  Most of the shelters in the coastal threatened areas have already evacuated their animals.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 11:48pm
Doggies can swim. I hope they were all able to swim to high ground or to something above the water.

I hope all the kitties were able to climb trees and get out of the flood that way. And I hope there are plenty of bugs and lizards in those trees for them to eat.

And I hope all the stranded doggies and kitties get found and rescued!!!

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2017 at 10:41am
It'd be hard to rescue a cat.  From a few days ago---this guy manages, but pays the price:

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2017 at 10:50am
I've rescued dogs before.  This one little guy, who'd been running around in the middle of a busy road, was tough to get.  Problem was (luckily) that he'd stopped traffic in both directions, and as far as he was concerned, had a big old asphalt field of freedom to run around on.  For my reward, I got bitten.  Not badly, though.  Still, I was a buzzkill as far as he was concerned. 

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2017 at 11:38am
LOL  I remember that clip of the cat at the Ballpark.

We're getting a pretty good downpour right now.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2017 at 12:44pm
I saw the baseball cat thing too.

You learn after one or two times to always pick a strange or stray cat up by the scruff of the neck.

C'mon, man!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 5:45pm
Harvey may not be much of windstorm, or have a lot of storm surge, but damn. It's one heck of a flooder! Oh and yes I woke up to cooler temperatures again.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 6:30pm
It feels like September in Wisconsin!

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2017 at 6:42pm
It feels like August in Florida!

C'mon, man!
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 12:30am

Take  "Chill Pill",Summer's Wind'n down down's down!

Wind'ng
back Autum'n
Autumn! Big smile

Poiuyt Power!!!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 2:03pm
Looks like Florida has a Hurricane to prepare for.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 2:30pm
I am not liking that, either!!!!

Just another reason to hate this time of year!!!

C'mon, man!
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 8:03pm
$#!+!
Poiuyt Power!!!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 9:59pm

I'm hoping it just fizzles out.  I think we've had it with hurricanes at this point.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 10:09pm
How is Trump going to build his wall if we have another disaster in Florida?

Category 5 Irma the 5th Strongest Atlantic Hurricane on Record

https://www.wunderground.com/cat6/category-5-irma-5th-strongest-atlantic-hurricane-record
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 10:18pm
IRMA!!!! You're makin me SQUIRMA!!!!!

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 10:57pm
It scares me and I'm fearless. We are in a river valley, with the right weather situation, it could get really bad.

Nothing like what Texas and Florida are facing.
NiteRaidah View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 11:08pm
185 mph winds...and it still has some warm waters to go over.

Jesus Christ.
I have 168 characters remaining.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 11:11pm
If it makes landfall somewhere in South Florida and travels north up the center of the peninsula, by the time it gets here it will have weakened considerably.

Possibly a cat 1 or maybe 2.

That's one of the advantages of living inland.

C'mon, man!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2017 at 5:23am
I'm stuffing the freezer with bottles of ice.  If the power goes out, it'll keep things frozen for at least 5 days (if I don't open the door.)  I'll put extras into the fridge to keep that cold, too.

And the panic runs have started on the grocery stores.  Even the Dollar Tree in the mall was getting cleaned out of gallon jugs of water a dozen at a time.  Glad I filled up on gas last week when it was 40 cents cheaper...  
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2017 at 5:59am
I've got a few 2 liter soda bottles of water in the freezer too.

Got about a week's worth of canned food for dinner and peanut butter, crackers and bread for during the day.

I hope the power doesn't go out though.

Stay away, Irma!!!!!

C'mon, man!
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2017 at 6:45am
I got gas for my generator. I'll get some water tomorrow. Right now I'm at D.E.F.C.O.N. Two (Expect Tropical Storm force winds).
Poiuyt Power!!!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2017 at 5:04pm
It was down right chilly here this morning, 47 degrees. It's only 58 now.

I ran the furnace for about 5 minutes just to make sure it still works.

I'm still months away from burning wood but I'd like to pick up a load sometime next week.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 108109110111112 175>
  Share Topic