Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's nice we are having weather today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 106107108109110 175>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 11:58pm
Originally posted by NiteRaidah NiteRaidah wrote:

Barely in the 60s and pouring most of the day.  Three days ago we capped off a heat wave.

as always, New England's climate can get f*cked.

(Though I am fairly surprised and pleased my sinuses - or whatever the hell acts up - haven't gotten screwy yet.  Knock on wood.)

Spend a summer in the SE Gulf region.

You'll learn to love those cool New England summers real quick!!!

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

NiteRaidah View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 12:20am
Well, let's not get too crazy... Wink

I don't mind the heat/humidity, honestly.  Nor the cooler weather (at least not in and of itself).  I just can't stand the temperature roller coaster we always seem to be on.
I have 168 characters remaining.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 12:27am
That's the way it is down here in the winter.

From January through around March, it can be in the 80's one day, then down into the 30's the next night.

It be cray-cray, yo!!!
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 10:11pm
Today has been grey grey grey grey....Wait a minute that light in the sky could it be the SUN!?

Yesterday and today we had chilly temps, such a difference from sweat and hot. Won't last long temps are expected to rise to the 80s tommorrow.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 10:50pm
Mid 90's here with triple digit heat index.

C'mon, man!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 11:14pm
^^^Yelch! Don't envy you! About that sun @#$&! It went behind the clouds!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 11:16pm
You should pity me.

I'm pitying myself right now.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 3:22pm
I looked at the radar before going out to mow the grass...Shucks! I got the front lawn mowed before it started pouring. Some pea size hail too.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 3:35pm
We finally had a dry (and HOT!!!) day yesterday which enabled me to mow my yard yesterday evening.

Waited till about quarter after 7.

Still hot. No breeze.

About a month or so from now, we'll start getting the afternoon and early evening breezes again.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2017 at 5:22pm
I had the A/C on until I got up this morning.
Another cooler morning, less humidity. Not sure why but this air is really bothering me.

I'm sneezing my head off.  Runny nose too.
I'm not sure if it's that I am just getting more sensitive to allergens or if there is just really bad stuff in the air today.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2017 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I had the A/C on until I got up this morning.
Another cooler morning, less humidity. Not sure why but this air is really bothering me.

I'm sneezing my head off.  Runny nose too.
I'm not sure if it's that I am just getting more sensitive to allergens or if there is just really bad stuff in the air today.

Sucks getting screwed by the weather...

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2017 at 5:47pm
^ LOLLOL

Maybe you should go buy some kielbasa, you seem like you're in a 'phallus' state of mind. Wink

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

There must be some new electronic audio trick to make a guy sound like a gal. Confused

Well, there's one method that's been around for centuries, though it's not electronic or high tech....

...some gal named Lorena Bobbit was the last one known to have used it.

LOLLOL

Yeouch!  Ballroom jeans help too.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2017 at 6:08pm
Jimbo knows, I'm just kidding. He likes Italian sausage. Wink
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2017 at 6:14pm

Jimbo knows, I'm just kidding. He likes Italian sausage. Wink

Don't forget the meatballs!!!!

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2017 at 6:26pm
LOLLOLLOLLOL

That's just sick, Jimbo.  I take it you were not offended by my comment!  LOL

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2017 at 6:40pm

LOLLOLLOLLOL

That's just sick, Jimbo.  I take it you were not offended by my comment!  LOL

Offended?

Don't even know the meaning of the word.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 9:19pm
It's HOT!!!  At least we are both breathing better, (thanks to the A/C) not sneezing our heads off.  I should change the air filter.

86 degrees, Dew Point is 69.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 5:58pm
Much, much cooler today. 67 degrees. Several rounds of heavy rain with some thunder.

I think the rain is washing the allergens out of the air so I'm not sneezing too much.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2017 at 9:56pm
Looks like the rain is back.

Dry and hot yesterday with no rain.

Clouds have moved over us and the thunder is rumbling.

Oh well.

Summer in Florida.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 6:20pm
It's been a nice 4 or 5 days without the A/C, after trimming the front yard I felt the heat and humidity.

The utility bill was only $125 this month, we are doing pretty good.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 6:31pm
Blistering hot down here.

No rain... yet.

C'mon, man!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 5:59am
I'm spending a lot more time in the pool this week. It's not due to the heat, though.  Without the daily storms, I'm able to stay in it & chip out grout from between tiles.  Also removed a bunch of loose tiles & found a crack caused by the deck shifting (been there for years.)  Once it's regrouted, that should stop the seepage under the deck.  Just need the weather to hold off for another week...
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 12:48pm
The bedroom was too warm until about midnight, I'm struggling to bring down the temperature out here.

One full degree in over 3 hours. 76.4 now.  Lower 60's and humid outside.
NiteRaidah View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 11:42pm
Absolutely pristine today.  Mid/upper-70s, low humidity, barely a cloud in the sky...if I could somehow bottle and sell days like this I'd make my first million.  Yesterday was just as great, too.

Of course, since we're required by law to have at least one day per week where it's wet, humid and struggling to crack the 70s, tomorrow looks like sh*t for the most part.  We'll see how much of a washout it ends up being.
I have 168 characters remaining.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 12:04am
Ouch...been humid in the upper '80's/lower '90's. Anything that lives & crawls & stinks & bites is out in full bloom. I can't stand it.
Something flew up and bit me, right next to my right nostril...within two hours I had a nice puss sack that blew out all over the bathroom mirror. 2 more hours and it was 'solid goo'. Now it kind of looks like the surface of mars, crusted over, but all drained, no more pain. And it is all because of this friggin' heat...I'm too good to live here.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 106107108109110 175>
  Share Topic