Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's nice we are having weather today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 99100101102103 175>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2017 at 8:13pm
The snow started at about 4 AM, Leah had several snow dog moments.

She's so cute, she waits for one of us wipe her off with a towel.

Less than 3 inches of heavy wet snow.
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2017 at 7:31pm
I had to do a final clearing of the driveway this morning, about another inch of snow and the slush balls the freaking snowplow leaves in my driveway. Angry

I'm letting my beard grow out for the first time in about 20 years.  Hey, I'm lazy! I only have to shave my neck. I have always had a stache and goatee, I am looking kinda scruffy right now.  A lot more white hairs!  Mama, does not like it. Big smile
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 7:49pm
This ol' computer was huffing and puffing and I had to force a shutdown.  The fan still works!

I was trying to post this.

Damned caplock! I didn't have this trouble with my old keyboard! Angry

We usually have temps below zero this time of year...I'm lovin it!

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 10:56pm
It's going to be FREEZING COLD down here over the next week!!!

Look at those highs and lows!!!

One day only going up to 58° and one night dropping down to 40°!!!

You supposedly "cold" northers have nothing on us!!!!

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2017 at 6:12pm
^ Poor baby!  LOL
They insulate our homes much better in these parts.

The low was 8° above this morning, I had a helluva time getting a hot fire going.
The wood is wet, I was out of kindling. We have a solid nuclear burn going now.

It's up to 22°, so that helps too. Expecting 2-5 inches of fresh snow starting around 4 PM. Yay!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2017 at 6:34pm
Gotta be tough to live down here!!!!

Right now it's 59° and not a cloud in the sky.

Beautiful.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2017 at 7:32pm
Another nuisance  snowfall last evening, just enough to bring out all of the plows, snowblowers and shovels.
The sun has been out and with a temp of 26° the tracks in the driveway have melted and dryed.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2017 at 7:54pm

Another cold snap, the low was 7° above this morning.

The low should be around zero tonight, it's windy too so the wind chills will be in the -5 to -15 below range.

Did the beaver see a 5 o'clock shadow today? Confused 
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2017 at 8:59pm
Another very mild day for early February. 38°

There is a place down the road about 5 miles that sells small quanities of firewood.
I bought 10 bucks worth and it will last about 3 days.
Really nice looking white oak, the wood is usually still kinda green (not seasoned) when I buy at this place.
It's burning so hot that I had to open 3 of the inner panes of glass in here and the dining room.

NiteRaidah View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 12:14am
First real storm of the season comes tomorrow.  6-12 inches (not that there's anything wrong with that), with wind and temps in the 20s.

Chose a great time to have a cold. Thumbs Up
I have 168 characters remaining.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 1:02am
Typical winter yo-yo weather down here.

Warm, cold, warm, cool, warm, cold, sunny, rainy, warm, cool....

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 4:12am
@#$$!

We're expecting 8-14" of snow starting at @#$&ing 5 am! We may have to skip going to breakfast! @#$&! I HATE winter! Can't wait for @#$&ing Spring. I'd rather mow the @#$&ing lawn!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
CapeCat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapeCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 5:20am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

@#$$!

We're expecting 8-14" of snow starting at @#$&ing 5 am! We may have to skip going to breakfast! @#$&! I HATE winter! Can't wait for @#$&ing Spring. I'd rather mow the @#$&ing lawn!
  I am yelling right along with you, Ad N!!  We've been told to expect blizzard conditions out here on "sunny Cape Cod" Ermm with winds up to/over 50 mph. most of tomorrow, and a deepening nor'easter.  Each forecast has been successively more dramatic than the previous one and the governor has advised us to "work from home" tomorrow (oh, sure we will!!) and stay off the roads. That makes sense... There was a 50-car accident outside Boston this morning on a flash-frozen highway.   I'm all done with winter, too.   AngryAngry
CapeCat
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 5:26am
Well, I get to suffer from Winter Flash Sinus.
At the Estate In The Swamp, our daily temps are flipping between 30 one day and 75 the next - been going on for weeks now. I really miss the ice cold consistency of my beloved Great White North - what I'd do for 4 feet of snow...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 3:19pm
Well we thankfully made to breakfast! Yay! We got my favorite seat next to the window whoo hoo! Might have to shovel later on. All my appointments are cancelled. Right now watching an all day marathon of NCIS. The shoveling I don't mind it's the bitter freezing cold that bothers me!

Update! The forecast has been changed its now up to 10"-18" holy #$@&!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 8:28pm
I drove to work in it.  The roads were bad.  Dry snow on top, about an inch of slush/ice underneath.  Wasn't much better on the way home.  The plows and salt only did so much.  Very little blacktop to be seen.  No spin-outs, but I can feel the car slipping a few inches side-to-side at times.  Some people at work had spun out on their way in.  Nothing too serious, as far as I know.  Most people simply didn't come in.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 8:44pm
Well, we went from 74 to 32 in about 12 hours. Think I'll go wrap up in blankets and sleep.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 11:50pm
Well, I shoveled with my dad three times, the third time was the easiest. Unfortunately after uncovering the 1997 cougar XR-7 we found out the doors were frozen! @#$&!

Update! He got the doors open using warm water! Got to go to breakfast! Hurray!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2017 at 6:47pm

^^^Good luck with all of that fun snowfall, you people on the east coast.

We are looking at another very mild stretch, I think we will reach some new record with the warmer temperatures this winter.

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2017 at 5:42pm
Well, had to shovel AGAIN! I estimate 2-3 inches on the ground. Used the steel shovel to get down to the ground dug up the snow reaaaal good. I'm proud of myself! I you can see the pavement from far away!
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2017 at 12:55am
@#$&!

More @#$&ing snow on the way TOMMROW! @#$&@#$#@#$&@#$&@#$&!!!!!!!!!

I just exhausted myself shovelling this $**T to the ground TODAY! You're telling me "6-10" of this crap is coming tomorrow MORNING!? Are ya KIDDING ME!?

@#$& you MOTHER NATURE!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 10:48am
It's a normal February morning with lows in the low 20s.  Things are going to change in the near future.

We are looking at near record high temps over the next few days. Let the melt off begin!

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 3:25pm
It's a cool 61° and sunny here right now.

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 5:15pm
We FINALLY got a break from the snow today cold but sunny here. I'm guessing 24°F.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2017 at 6:36pm
What an amazing stretch of weather here!

Daily Averages & Records -  °F | °C
Date Average
Low
Average
High
Record
Low
Record
High
Average
Precipitation
Average