Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's nice we are having weather today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 175>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2013 at 10:24pm
Good for you. Where do you live?  I don't see any snow like that anywhere near the Falls.
Sponsored Links

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2013 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by lkl005 lkl005 wrote:

I used to ride my 10 speed Shwinn continental (can't see what I'm saying today) with skinny street gum tires across frozen bodies of water. I would also play on the ice rink spinning the rear tire and fish tailing.  I could ride a hell of a wheely on that thing too.  Not on ice , of course.  Tongue

If you've been a good little boy this year, Santa may have one of these in his sack.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2013 at 11:39pm
Today was grey, dull, and windy.

I hope tomorrow is sunnier.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2013 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

I used to ride my 10 speed Shwinn continental (can't see what I'm saying today) with skinny street gum tires across frozen bodies of water. I would also play on the ice rink spinning the rear tire and fish tailing.  I could ride a hell of a wheely on that thing too.  Not on ice , of course.  Tongue

If you've been a good little boy this year, Santa may have one of these in his sack.
That's pretty cool Tiz.  I'm wondering how much more resistance there is with all that hardware for the track. The wife's Mountain bike has not been on the road in 10 years. I only use mine if I don't have a ride to the boat ramp. I did all that stuff when I was young , strong and had no other transportation.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2013 at 9:34pm

70 degrees and sunny here right now.  Doors and windows are open.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2013 at 8:14am
We got a dusting of snow overnight. Still mild temps, 31 at 2am central.
About thursday we expect the temp. to take a nosedive.  The high friday of 12 degrees, low near 0.
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2013 at 3:32pm
80 for a high today.  Dearest Mother Nature, it's DECEMBER!  Angry

And of course, a front is coming through Thursday/Friday which will bring highs back down to the upper 40's and a good chance of rain, just in time for my cousin's wedding rehearsal/dinner and wedding this weekend.  Better that though than their original thought of having an August wedding - I can't fathom wearing a tux in a 100+ degree heat index.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2013 at 11:05am
The cold air is moving in...Wind Chill advisories in place only 2 or 3 counties north and west of here.
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2013 at 3:11pm
Our high for "today" is/was around 72, which happened about midnight when it technically became Thursday.  It's 63 right now and will be going down from there ... down to 41 after a highs of about 80 the past few days.  Love these SE Texas winters Confused
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2013 at 3:24pm

We're having a cold snap right now.  Overnight temps were below freezing.  I had to keep the heat on all night (though I lowered it to 65).

I imagine this cold front will work its way eastward and eventually across the country, as weather fronts here often do.  I think the weather here is more predictable, as it mostly comes in from over the ocean, where there aren't a lot of factors to have to take into consideration.

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2013 at 4:09pm
It's buy stuff to make french toast day.....we're going to get hit with a winter storm tonight.

Milk, bread, and eggs.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2013 at 4:32pm

Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

It's buy stuff to make french toast day.....we're going to get hit with a winter storm tonight.

Milk, bread, and eggs.

Panic Time at the Acme!

Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2013 at 4:56pm
It's dropped 12 degrees in the last hour and a half, down to 51 and wind is picking up.  It's supposed to rain this afternoon and into tomorrow.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2013 at 5:56pm

The Jehovah's Witnesses are canvassing the 'hood right now.  What the hell?  It's 32 degrees out there.

Now I have to hide upstairs till the scare is over.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2013 at 6:01pm
It's in the low 80's around here.

Sunny, mild, low humidity.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.......

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2013 at 7:58pm
This is an unusual start to the winter.  Last year it was so warm or mild the ice fisherman could not get heavy vehicles on the lakes till way late.  It even threatened the Sturgeon spearing season.
We will have vehicles falling through the ice before Christmas this year.
I moved into my then girlfriends house with her and her 2 daughters. We get a call late that her youngest was letting a male friend drive the truck, a nice looking Mazda Navaho SUV, and it went through the ice on Poygan. Everybody is okay, but you can imagine, mama is pissed that her truck went though the ice.
I was new to the family  (not married yet) so I didn't want to say much. It didn't take much.  I said "nice move Michelle" she said  "Your not my dad" I quietly backed away. They have light weight gas powered winches here now and have it down to a science.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2013 at 8:52pm
^ Bet that thing was cleaned up & sitting on a used car lot for sale in some other country a couple of weeks later.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2013 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

The Jehovah's Witnesses are canvassing the 'hood right now.  What the hell?  It's 32 degrees out there.

Now I have to hide upstairs till the scare is over.

I thought you loved Jesus....Shame, shame    Wink
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2013 at 1:50am
We hit 59 for the afternoon bikeridem but it was 50, when I got home. Now below 40...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2013 at 2:21am
It was foggy and dreary here, it rained tonight, I swear it felt like April rather than December.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2013 at 2:24am

I moved into my then girlfriends house with her and her 2 daughters. We get a call late that her youngest was letting a male friend drive the truck, a nice looking Mazda Navaho SUV, and it went through the ice on Poygan. 

I looked up "Poygan", hoping to find out it's not a lake.  It is.  Tell me that they weren't actually driving on a lake.  Please.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2013 at 3:27am
Did I mention that was in the low 80's around here today?

Sunny, mild, low humidity.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh....... 

Mid 60's & clear right now.

I've got the windows open & a fan going. Big smile

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2013 at 3:43am

Are you wearing your Daisy Dukes and tube top?

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2013 at 3:51am
If you could only see me...... 

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2013 at 8:36am
LOL ^^    Yes Thor, When it's cold here. We feel like we can walk on the water.
Being stupid is still not a crime. People die almost every winter season playing on the ice.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 175>
  Share Topic