Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's nice we are having weather today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 175>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2013 at 3:01pm

It rained here yesterday, and the high temp was 70.  Yikes!  But not to fret, the weatherman assured me that we'll be getting into more normal "fall-like" weather soon---that is, mid- to upper-80s and clear blue skies.

The rain was nice, though.  Now, I won't have to water my parched grass for awhile.

Sponsored Links

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2013 at 4:00pm
It was a perfect weekend here. My cousin and I met up at a sports bar/grill with an outside deck to watch the Texans embarrass themselves in Baltimore.  But hey the low-mid 80's with a steady breeze was great and the food was good, especially the duck wings Thumbs Up 
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2013 at 4:22pm
Duck Wings?    The vet. just made us switch dog food to a  Duck and Potato blend.
Nice here, cool mornings near 40. Highs about 70.
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2013 at 4:32pm
^^ They were delicious.  The meat's a little darker and a little more tender than chicken.  And technically it was the legs, not the wings.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2013 at 9:25pm
Friggin amazing 80 degrees, windy. There is a line of storms off to the west but does not look serious. Only the cottonwood trees are loosing their leaves. NO  fall color here yet.
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2013 at 4:19am
It was icky-poo here today.
Torrential rain (est. ΒΌ" every two minutes!) and in the mid-50s (Fahrenheit). OuchCryOuch

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2013 at 11:03pm
I hope everything is Ok there Mr. submarine.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2013 at 1:11am
Not so nice here. Wind gusts to 50mph and 3 inches of rain. September is usually one of our nicest months.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2013 at 11:40am

It was very nice here again yesterday, 81  Probably the last time we will see a number like that till May. 

DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2013 at 11:52am
It's Texas, that means it's hot all but say, a few weeks out of the year.
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2013 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by DKS DKS wrote:

The weekend can't get here soon enough. It's rainy & humid here right now, but over the weekend a front is coming through and we'll be down into the 50's for lows by the start of next week Clap
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 6:48am
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

Originally posted by DKS DKS wrote:

The weekend can't get here soon enough. It's rainy & humid here right now, but over the weekend a front is coming through and we'll be down into the 50's for lows by the start of next week Clap

I am most pleased to hear that. Personally if the temperature never went above 70 it'd be fine with me...
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2013 at 9:23pm
Let the mulching begin: About 4 weeks of it....
NiteRaidah View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2013 at 1:15am
Getting a batch of unsettled weather/humidity from now till Tuesday.  I mean, we've had like 2 perfect weeks without rain, so we do need some...but still.  I've been spoiled.  Looks awesome after Tuesday, though.
I have 168 characters remaining.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2013 at 2:52am
Had to leave The Den right before noon.
Last few weeks have been picture-perfect...today was pouring rain so hard, someone came to pick me up (MissyDWolf & gurlz had cars).
Friend & self shuffled down to Buffalo (few hours south) where weather was picture perfect.
Back home? When I got here, weather was perfect.
Leaving for initial two-three weeks, about 2 weeks from now, expect total change when I show up (briefly). 
Anybody that does not believe in 'Global Warming' is totally living in a fairy tale - it is TOO warm and the water is far too high all around.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2013 at 8:38pm
http://i1254.photobucket.com/albums/hh606/lkl2005/Oct-6001_zps648c2600.jpg
Finally a sunny dry day.  I chopped up some leaves.
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2013 at 3:47pm
Didn't have to run the A/C at all yesterday Thumbs Up The highs will be getting steadily back up toward the mid 80's as the week goes on, but at least we should be done with 90's until probably May, or with any mercy, June.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2013 at 3:55pm

^  Sounds like here.  85 and sunny today. 

Our "bad" weather months here are November, December and January.  By mid-February, spring begins to rear its head.  I'm always happy when I see the leaves budding out on the hydrangea.  By May, we can start expecting temps in the 90s.

All in all, I can't really complain about 3 or 4 months of less-than-great weather.  Well, I do, but I shouldn't.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2013 at 9:38pm
Very nice for early October. 72  I took the boat out of the water. We have not had a hard frost yet.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2013 at 3:35pm
Looks like fall has finally arrived down here.

Dropped into the 60's last night & not supposed to get above the mid 80's today.

About 5 days ahead of the average starting date of October 15th.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2013 at 9:34pm
Damn nice here, One more day with a high in the low 70's.
Ad Endless Nauseum View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad Endless Nauseum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2013 at 4:23am
Just had a long string of wet clouds blow through San Diego last night. My digital raingauge measured 0.25" in 15 minutes!
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Defense de fumer et de cracher

A message brought to you by this station and the Ad Council.
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2013 at 2:30pm
Been raining out here since about 4:30 this morning, non stop as far as I can tell.   The good news is it should clear out by the afternoon and a cool front is following.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2013 at 3:54pm
A nice storm came through here this morning. About 3/4 inch of rain.  Warm 56.
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2013 at 4:29pm
My area's gotten around 2 inches, a little more in some spots.  Other areas in the county and surrounding counties are upwards of 5-6 inches. It's finally starting to slow to a sprinkle, and it looks like it shouldn't pick back up again since the line of crap has moved east/south of Houston.

Now it's time for the jet stream to push the clouds out and usher in those comfortable dry temperatures once again Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 175>
  Share Topic