Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's nice we are having weather today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 175>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2013 at 6:10am
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

Jimbo seems to think you have long dreary wet winters. My 92 y/o Aunt lives in Chico. I have visited her in February and it was mid 70s and sunny. I think Sacramento is similar. Maybe he is confusing us since you are my Brother from a different Mother. The Willamette valley in Oregon can suffer long dreary wet winters but frequently has cold and super clear days in January and February.

Yeah, definitely.  When I said "warmth", I was talkin' 85-100 degrees.  But things start to warm up (into the 70s) by late February.  February's when I see signs of new growth on my trees and some of my plants.  My hydrangeas sprouting new leaves is always a good gauge that spring's here.

Still, we might get some rain in April.  But by May, the skies are consistently blue.  There may be one shower that month, but for the most part, summer begins in May here.

Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2013 at 9:25pm
Its   HOT and NASTY.  94 F   73 dewpoint.  I don't go out when its like this .
I mow my lawn as soon as the clock strikes 08:00 hours.  Every tuesday and friday.
Notice I am not mowing on the weekend. Because the neighbors know I am weird but still envy me just a little.
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2013 at 11:22pm
94?

pbblttt. Pussy. I walked to the gym in long sleeves and pants with 30 lbs. on my back in 105 degree weather. Two weeks of that this year.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2013 at 2:28am
Today we had what may have been the nicest late August day I've ever seen around here.

The temp barely hit 90, the humidity was around 68% & there was a nice breeze blowing all day.

I have no idea what's been going on this summer, but I hope it happens again next year.

I sat out in my backyard for awhile watching butterflies, then mowed the front yard later on around 5 pm.

I planted some flowers back in early July that have been coming up pretty good & seem to be attracting some new species that I haven't seen in my yard before.

Nice day, though!!!
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
NiteRaidah View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2013 at 3:20am
I hate humidity.  Nothing like walking around outside, thinking "oh, this isn't so bad", then being daft enough to go running.  I liked the old weather better. Unhappy I'd rather it be 90 degrees and dry than this 75-80/muggy bullsh*t.
I have 168 characters remaining.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2013 at 3:25am
68% humidity is "dry" for Florida in the summer.

Considering it's normally in the high 70's to mid 80's %-wise.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2013 at 4:54pm
In last couple of days or so in the northern counties just above central Florida, the overnight low temps dropped into the upper 60's!!!

In August!!!!

That is unheard of!!!!

Overall, this has been the nicest summer I can remember in Florida.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2013 at 5:31pm

Since our 108 degree heat wave in early July, temps have been average here---in the low to mid 90s.  Compared to that last heatwave, though, 90 degrees seems nearly cool.

This might be the first year I've gone the entire summer without using my A/C.  I wanted to do it the past few summers, but I didn't want my rickety ol' cat Sneakers stressed out by the heat.

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2013 at 5:41pm
Upper 90's are coming up for the weekend and into next week here.  Thankfully September is imminent so low 90's should start becoming the norm in the next couple weeks.  With a little luck a cool front will come through before October and pull the highs into the low-mid 80's.  
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2013 at 5:52pm
Quote With a little luck a cool front will come through before October...

That's what caused the cool overnight lows here.

An extremely rare August cool front swept down.

Gonna be hotter this weekend, though.

Mid 90's.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2013 at 7:11pm
Not bad, 83  Sunny. We should be out enjoying it , But we can't.
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2013 at 7:17pm
67°F (19.4°C) and raining here as of 11:17am PDT on 08-29-13.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2013 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by Codtaro Codtaro wrote:

94?

pbblttt. Pussy. I walked to the gym in long sleeves and pants with 30 lbs. on my back in 105 degree weather. Two weeks of that this year.
Hey!    I resemble that remark.
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2013 at 7:55pm
If I tilt my head to the left and squint without wearing my glasses, so does your avatar.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2013 at 8:04pm
LOL Yep double delightful LOL here. Thank You!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 8:30pm

Sorry, old subject, There is NO hurricane season. Yet.   Everything is OK in Fla.  Right Jimbo?

Near record high temps here. 91  Normal high is 73. Overnight low was 78. No storms on the horizon.
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 8:44pm
Humberto may become one in the next couple days, but it likely won't even begin to threaten the US.

It's finally been getting down into the low 70's the past couple nights ... what I've been waiting for since May!! Now it's just a matter of the highs staying under 90 which won't be until next month.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 9:33pm
I have an ex in Texas, How you people handle that heat I will never know.
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 9:57pm
It's in the 90's here today.  HAD to run errands.  We were glad to get back in the air conditioning.

NiteRaidah View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 12:04am
Let's see...it's going to randomly jump into the 90s for just tomorrow, after a nice stretch of 70ish weather, then drop about 25-30 degrees by the weekend.  I was wondering when New England's drunken weather was coming back.
I have 168 characters remaining.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 12:40am
Some time around mid- October we here can turn the A/C off for the year.
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2013 at 3:30pm
It's gonna be a heavy rain day pretty much all day & night, all the way into tomorrow afternoon.  In fact, they're forecasting some areas to possibly reach up to 10 inches, closer to the coast though.  Up here we may see up to 6 inches.  I don't mind at all, however - first we need the rain, second I love the rain, and third the highs won't be reaching 90 again until early next week  Thumbs Up
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2013 at 9:16pm
We were near 90 on weds. Still a month of decent cooler weather ahead. ^ That is alot of rain. I hope everyone is safe. Denver got slammed.
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2013 at 9:22pm
Looking at the current radar I'd say close to 2/3 of Texas is getting at least some kind of rain right now, which gives you an idea just how big this system is considering Texas is the largest state of the lower 48 LOL 
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2013 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by lkl005 lkl005 wrote:

Sorry, old subject, There is NO hurricane season. Yet.   Everything is OK in Fla.  Right Jimbo?

Near record high temps here. 91  Normal high is 73. Overnight low was 78. No storms on the horizon.

We had an unusually nice summer for the most part.

The heat was normal during the days, but the humidity seemed noticeably lower during many of the nights.

A few mornings during July & August when it's normally witheringly hot & muggy already at that time of day, it was cool, dry & breezy. Felt awesome. I even slept with no fan on a few nights.

Anyway, today was pretty nice too. Breezy, temp in the 80's & low humidity.

Getting close to looking at that all the time for the next 8 months or so!!!

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 175>
  Share Topic