Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Charmin "Do you enjoy going to the bathroom?"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Charmin "Do you enjoy going to the bathroom?"
    Posted: 21 Aug 2013 at 9:30pm
I am sick of this family and their obsession with their toilet and paper. If your answer to the question "Do you enjoy going to the bathroom" is anything more than telling the asker he's a creep and to get lost, or that it's just a job - you go in there and get it done - it's officially a FETISH and you probably need some help (or at least need to learn some more decency before you open your mouth about it).

I don't understand Papa bear's ability to take a crap on command - is he clogged up all the time, or does he save it up come commercial time?

Also - I see Charmin has officially crossed the "Tweet barrier" - is anyone seriously going to use #TweetfromtheSeat hashtag? If so, I can see people sarcastically abusing it by describing the size and smell of their poo.
Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2013 at 9:36pm
I WISH ALL OF THESE DAMN CHARMIN BEARS WOULD JUST SHADDUP!

Raise Mr. Whipple from the dead!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2013 at 9:43pm
Ken 1802 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken 1802 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2013 at 11:34pm
I do like how the son bear practically says, "It's none of your business."
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2013 at 12:56am
Originally posted by Snesgamer Snesgamer wrote:

Also - I see Charmin has officially crossed the "Tweet barrier" - is anyone seriously going to use #TweetfromtheSeat hashtag? If so, I can see people sarcastically abusing it by describing the size and smell of their poo.
Our society has officially jumped the shark. I mean really who do you think wants to know about your poops? Do we really need to be connected at all times and be hip to every insignificant detail about our friends and acquaintances' daily lives?

And who the hell is following tweets about toilet paper? Is there like some group or movement of people who are such huge fans of toilet paper that they must always be in the loop about all things sh*t tickets?
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
verminstew View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verminstew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2013 at 1:03am
Tweet from the seat?  UGHHH...reminds me of some of the people I work with that go and hide in the stalls just so they can text without being seen by our boss.
jhiller21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhiller21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2013 at 1:42am
I'm officially ready to just nuke the entire planet. Seriously... "Tweet from the seat"?

Whatever happened to toilet paper commercials that just prove it's soft and absorbent by pouring blue water on it? No one needs to picture people sh*tting to get the point across. I wouldn't buy Charmin anyway. It's way overpriced, and one of the reasons for that is their ridiculous advertising budget.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2013 at 1:58am

One study out of England shows that 1 out of 6 cellphones is contaminated with fecal matter...presumably due to people tweeting from the seat.

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2013 at 3:22am
Originally posted by jhiller21 jhiller21 wrote:

I'm officially ready to just nuke the entire planet. Seriously... "Tweet from the seat"?

Whatever happened to toilet paper commercials that just prove it's soft and absorbent by pouring blue water on it? No one needs to picture people sh*tting to get the point across. I wouldn't buy Charmin anyway. It's way overpriced, and one of the reasons for that is their ridiculous advertising budget.

I would fully support you, if you did that!

This makes me miss the 90s!

f**k it! I need a time machine!

Who the f**k needs to do a tweet from the goddamn bathroom? This is just advocating for more spread of ecoli.

Yech!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
foxbarking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foxbarking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2013 at 3:26am
Wow.  I haven't seen that one yet.  Lord knows if I ever do, it will join the list of commercials I immediately mute or pause the DVR and then fast forward with.  I don't need to know or have any desire to know anything anyone does while they are in the bathroom, least of those bears.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2013 at 5:39am
Hell, don't tweet, just use your camera phone to snap a pic and send that.

Quote Our society has officially jumped the shark. I mean really who do you think wants to know about your poops?

Dr. Oz !  LOL

Quote Raise Mr. Whipple from the dead!

Sorry, won't happen.  But would Steve Buscemi creepily squeezing toilet paper be acceptable...?  LOL
dizrythmia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dizrythmia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2013 at 6:07am
i don't get how using a particular brand of toilet paper would make me enjoy going to the bathroom. i don't even understand why this matters so much. who enjoys sh*tting? maybe if you've been constipated for a couple days and you finally manage to go it'd be enjoyable or something.
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2013 at 6:39am
I saw this one for the first time today. My first thought was "WTF?". I mean, yeah, I go to the bathroom, but it's not like something I do for fun, it's something I do cause it has to be done. I enjoy watching a good movie, reading a good book, listening to good music, hanging out with friends, going out with a cute girl...taking a sh*t never really registered on my list of "things I enjoy".
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
Miseryguts View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miseryguts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2013 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by DKS DKS wrote:

I saw this one for the first time today. My first thought was "WTF?". I mean, yeah, I go to the bathroom, but it's not like something I do for fun, it's something I do cause it has to be done. I enjoy watching a good movie, reading a good book, listening to good music, hanging out with friends, going out with a cute girl...taking a sh*t never really registered on my list of "things I enjoy".

It's strange how it's now acceptable to start a public debate about taking a dump; actually, it's downright weird. Maybe the genius who thought up this little gem did so while he was suffering from an acute bout of constipation when sitting in a cubicle at work and talking to the guy next door, who was passing the results of a particularly bad burrito. "There's got to be some way of capitalizing on this experience Joe". "Sure Jim, how about 'enjoy the go'"?
jhiller21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhiller21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2013 at 6:30pm

This... I've never dropped a deuce and thought "Wow! That was fun!"

Also, the brand of toilet paper I used doesn't make me want to get on Twitter and start talking about what an enjoyable experience it was wiping my ass with it. What people do in the bathroom should stay there. Well, it should get flushed, but you get my point.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2013 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by jhiller21 jhiller21 wrote:

This... I've never dropped a deuce and thought "Wow! That was fun!"

Also, the brand of toilet paper I used doesn't make me want to get on Twitter and start talking about what an enjoyable experience it was wiping my ass with it. What people do in the bathroom should stay there. Well, it should get flushed, but you get my point.
The only exception might be anyone on heavy pain meds. Its been a long time since I've had any. But those drugs can really clog things up. The female here has some recent experience. The Dr. prescribed something for constipation too.  
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2013 at 7:32pm
Do I enjoy going to the bathroom? It's not an amusement park ride, for goodness sake! It's a natural function that EVERYONE does! Why turn it into a big thing? And who gives a rat's ass about the type of toilet paper you use? Personally, we can't use Charmin because it clogs up our system worse than a massive dump would.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2013 at 8:01pm

If, by "going to the bathroom", they mean "taking a dump"...well, yes, I enjoy it.  Most of the time.  I had one dump about a half-year ago that I didn't enjoy.  I'd tell you all about it, but I get the idea that no one here would like to hear about it.

I gotta admit, though---it was special!  LOL

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2013 at 8:05pm
^^^   God why am I laughing at this?
!Tommy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote !Tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2013 at 9:50pm
I wouldn't care if they bears fell off the edge of the planet. They're so stupid! I remember the one where the little bear unrolled like an entire roll of paper and when momma bear says don't use too much, he's all "Oops!" What the hell is that? Teach that little snot some discipline instead of letting him get off with a simple oops. As for texting, people don't care where they do it. People at work think they're clever going to the bathroom to use their cell phones. Even when you take a dump, it shouldn't take a half an hour! But for the hashtag in this commercial....just why? Why would you want to talk about going to the bathroom? Isn't the bathroom sacred anymore or does it have to be broadcasted to the world now too? Why not start a bathroom bar where people can sit next to each other on toilets and text about how much they love sitting there and crapping? That's about how much sense this makes.
Miseryguts View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miseryguts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2013 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by Moochamoocha Moochamoocha wrote:

Do I enjoy going to the bathroom? It's not an amusement park ride, for goodness sake! 

Well it can be,. Just depends on what you had for dinner last night. Getting up and down to run to the toilet can feel a bit like being on a roller coaster.
dizrythmia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dizrythmia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2013 at 11:55am
this commercial makes me think that the charmin ad people actually think there are people out there that when they get that feeling (you know, when you know you gotta go) that they think, "woo hoo! time to take a sh*t! i've been looking forward to this all day!"

maybe these guys are in cahoots with fiber one and activia. if not, they should be. they're all obsessed with our poop, how often we do it, and making sure we enjoy it.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2013 at 2:20pm

^  Brand of toilet paper has zero to do with my dump enjoyment.

Puppydogpants View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puppydogpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2013 at 2:53pm
These commercials are so disgusting. "Sometimes I like to take a book." It always really grosses me out when people have magazines or any type of reading material next to their toilet. If you are sitting on the toilet long enough to be able to read for any extended amount of time, it is time to see a doctor.
I don't patronize bunny rabbits!
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2013 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by !Tommy !Tommy wrote:

People at work think they're clever going to the bathroom to use their cell phones.

A couple of weeks ago, I went to the bathroom at work and was about to flush when someone came in and had a LONG conversation on their cell phone about paying some bill. I stood in the stall for about 10 minutes while this chick was talking because I didn't want to flush and let the person on the phone know that their conversation was taking place in a bathroom. It was very uncomfortable and embarrassing. We DO have a break room; why not make your call in there?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic