Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Am I wrong to not really feel bad for?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken 1802 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Am I wrong to not really feel bad for?
    Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 3:16am
Celebrities who died of drug overdoses? I cannot help but kind of feel apathy when they die by taking drugs, as they willingly chose to taske the drugs that killed them. Corey Monteith died at the age of 31, he and I are the same age, so it is a bit disturbing he and I were the same age, but he chose to let the drugs kill him. He was young and still very active on a hit TV show, so it wasn't as if he were some has-been former child actor who felt drugs wete the only thing to look forward too.

I also cannot feel too bad about Lisa Robin Kelly's death. She was one of the stars on a hit TV show, and should have been able to live a long, comfortable life with her residuals from show, but she let drugs kill her. She was only 12 years older than I am.... So young to die....
Sponsored Links

CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 3:30am
Have you ever experimented with drugs, Donnie?

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 3:30am
Why don't you go overdose on non-dairy creamer?
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 3:30am
I think it was alcohol that killed LRK.

Some people just don't handle life's problems that well.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 3:37am
I still feel bad for them.  I've watched people battle addictions.  It's not pretty.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 3:40am
There, but for the grace of God, as they say...

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 4:31am

I'm not happy about anyone who dies before their time---whether from drugs or alcohol or accident or natural causes.

As far as how much actual sorrow I feel?  Depends on a lot of things, I guess.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 4:33am
Depends on how big of an asshole they were.

Or weren't.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 4:45am

^  Yeah, that.  Definitely that.

But also, how familiar I was with the person.  As far as Kelly and Monteith?  I knew who Kelly was, and enjoyed her on That 70s Show.  So, I felt more for her than I did for Monteith, who I'd never heard of till he died.

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 4:58am

Sad news for Russell Brand fans:

http://russell.brand.mediafetcher.com/news/top_stories/actor_skiing.php

Apparently drugs not involved....

dizrythmia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dizrythmia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 5:27am
i think it's a hoax. he just tweeted an hour ago: https://twitter.com/rustyrockets

i know many celebrities pay to have people tweet for them, though so he might not have even posted that one. but according to his website, he's currently on some comedy tour or something and probably wouldn't have time for a vacation right now (or at least imo he would've been on vacation before the tour started or earlier when the gaps between shows was much longer).
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 5:33am
Awww, you ruined it.  (I think the snowboarding in August would have tipped off most people....  Wink)
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 5:41am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

But also, how familiar I was with the person.  As far as Kelly and Monteith?  I knew who Kelly was, and enjoyed her on That 70s Show.  So, I felt more for her than I did for Monteith, who I'd never heard of till he died.

Plus, Kelly was a hot chick.

It's always worse when hot chicks die.

C'mon, man!
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 7:05am
I don't feel too much sympathy for them, no. The drugs didn't walk up to you and leap up your nose or into your veins, you made a conscious effort to take them. And it's not like we're in the goddamn dark ages where nobody knows what this stuff can do to you. If, with all the knowledge we have today, you still decide to take the drugs, and then you die from them, well, you made your bed, now you get to lie in it. If they made good movies or good music, I'll be disappointed that theywon't be able to continue making them, but I won't feel bad for them specifically.
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Plus, Kelly was a hot chick.

It's always worse when hot chicks die.

People still lament the death of Marilyn Monroe.

I was more bummed out about Jayne Mansfield, though.

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 3:30pm
Yeah, she wasn't into drugs like Marilyn.  She just lost her head....
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 3:43pm

LOL

The 70s British band, The Motors, advertised themselves in England with billboards featuring a picture of Mansfield with a word balloon that said "I lost my head over the Motors".

Ken 1802 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken 1802 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 5:25pm
Thor, that Motors ad was distasteful and tactless.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 6:36pm

...cuz rock music is so noted for tact and tastefulness.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 6:45pm
Actually, the urban legend about her being "decapitated" is just a myth anyway.

Her scalp & the top of her head were sheared off, but the majority of her head & face remained attatched.

Her brains came out though, if that counts.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Her brains came out though, if that counts.

In her case---brains, no brains---didn't matter.

Actually, she was supposed to have been a very intelligent woman.  But still---brains, no brains----didn't matter.

Ken 1802 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken 1802 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 9:27pm
Catwoman, I have already told you, my name is Ken, not Donnie.
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by Ken 1802 Ken 1802 wrote:

Catwoman, I have already told you, my name is Ken, not Donnie.

Liar, liar, pants on fire.LOL

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 10:20pm
Flamer, flamer, Donna's a flamer!
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Ken 1802 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken 1802 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 1:02am
Please stop calling me Donnie. My name is Ken. I'm asking politely and nicely.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic