Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Toaster Strudel: Annoying yodeling kid.....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2013 at 9:51pm
This stupid stereotypical depiction of Bavarians, killed, strangled, and snuffed out any hope of me trying a teeny tiny bit of Toaster Strudel.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Sponsored Links

CorporateGreed View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CorporateGreed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2013 at 10:39pm
You broke down the damn door!!!!! Shut the f**k up and stop yodeling!!!
"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind" -Gandhi
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2013 at 1:24am
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

Totally awful, not cute or clever bringing the German culture into the strudel thing because of the creepiness and yuckiness of the whole thing.

But he's not supposed to be from Germany.  According to General Mills, he's a "fun and quirky young boy from the magical place of Breakfurg, a place where people are happy and breakfast is served all day long."

Breakfurg, not Germany!!  AngryLOL

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2013 at 3:39am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

But he's not supposed to be from Germany.  According to General Mills, he's a "fun and quirky young boy from the magical place of Breakfurg, a place where people are happy and breakfast is served all day long."

"Breakfurg"? Is that Norwegian?
Redbeard View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Redbeard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2013 at 4:57am
What's so annoying about a kid who kicks in a door, looks like he just walked in off the set of "Hans Christian Andersen," has a sing-song voice that needs to lose an octave, uses an accent that's a cross between Eva Gabor and Jaden Smith, and talks like a horny ten-year-old? And I won't even get started on the un-special effects of the other kid being flown in by the advertised product.

The whole thing looks like it's out of a rejected episode of "The Twilight Zone."
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2013 at 7:05am

Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

Totally awful, not cute or clever bringing the German culture into the strudel thing because of the creepiness and yuckiness of the whole thing.

Okay, yeah, that actually makes it even more offensive. That's like having a kid selling burritos/tacos, making him/her do a child's best Sofia Vergara impression, and then saying he comes from Beanerland.
PitLoad413 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PitLoad413 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 4:20am
I've got several questions : Who the f**k thought it was OK to approve such a retarded-ass commercial?  What with the cultural stereotype?  Is there a name to the awesome new narcotic that the ad exec who greenlighted this disaster, took beforehand? 

A boring, yet honest commercial is better than an insulting and insane one!

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 4:25am
Originally posted by Snesgamer Snesgamer wrote:

Okay, yeah, that actually makes it even more offensive. That's like having a kid selling burritos/tacos, making him/her do a child's best Sofia Vergara impression, and then saying he comes from Beanerland.

LOL "Beanerland" good one!
Crackicus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crackicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 5:20am
That kid scares the sh*t out of me... 3:
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 7:28am
Originally posted by PitLoad413 PitLoad413 wrote:

What with the cultural stereotype?

They figure it's ok to portray Germans/Austrians in that way because most German/Austrian-Americans have become so de-cultured over time, and can't see how actually offensive the commercial is to anyone who is seeking to reconnect with his cultural roots (such as myself).
Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 7:38am
It's funnier with the sound down. With the sound on it's extremely, extremely ANNOYING. I HATE YODELING. 
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 2:58pm
I hate this commercial as well...that kid is annoying and the commercial makes NO sense!

Here's another German stereotype...they're Nazis!

Now that would be an interesting toaster strudel commercial...have Hitler knock-down the door and say "Eat my toaster strudel, Heil Myself"!
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Crackicus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crackicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 10:05pm
I saw an updated version of the commercial that changes the part at the ass end of the ad. It no longer has the creepy yodeling child standing at a 3/4 profile shoving a box of Toaster Strudels in your face.

Kid still scares me, but I suppose you could call this an improvement...
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2013 at 4:32am
I have just seen this mess. That kid is going to be beaten up someday, I hope they have paid him enough!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2013 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by MrCleveland MrCleveland wrote:

I hate this commercial as well...that kid is annoying and the commercial makes NO sense!

Now that would be an interesting toaster strudel commercial...have Hitler knock-down the door and say "Eat my toaster strudel, Heil Myself"!

Or, he could say "And...they're Kosher!", with a wink, as he pops one into the toaster oven.

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2013 at 4:47pm

Or, he could say "And...they're Kosher!", with a wink, as he pops one into the toaster oven.

EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Miseryguts View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miseryguts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2013 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by blueneptune146 blueneptune146 wrote:

Ok, this is actually a commercial I enjoy. It's important to note that he is certainly NOT Swedish and he is most likely not German, either. He's probably Austrian. The Strudel is traditionally an Austrian/Hungarian pastry. It also makes sense that they market the word strudel as that's what sets this apart from other toaster pastries. Since strudel is Austrian, why not have a cliche looking Austrian boy be their commercial, and even open it with a maniacal sounding yodel. I think we're confusing cliche and stereotype here. If they put a modern euro boy up there instead of a cliche traditional Austrian, the commercial would be very very weird in my opinion.

The styling and (though sort of dull) humor of it is modern and it's juxtaposed with the traditional and simple Austrian boy, complete with woodland critter friends. This commercial wouldn't have worked 10 years ago, but I think it fits for today. 

I always thought it was the Swiss who were the yodellers, not the Germans.
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2013 at 5:55pm

Crass and tasteless. Just like Toaster Strudels.
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2013 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by Kris L. Walker Kris L. Walker wrote:

Lord have mercy, this commercial drives me f*cking batty every time I see this shi**y thing! I want to take this kid and crush him with his so called 'strudels' and yell to him in German..."Sie sind ein dummer Wichser, nach Hause gehen und essen einige echte Strudel. Nicht dieser Mist, rufen Sie Strudel." (Translation: You are a stupid f**ker, go home and eat some real strudel. Not this crap, you call strudel.)

I gotta learn the pronunciation of this. Mainly the first phrase. There's a heinously annoying kid in this one class, and both the teacher and I would get a chuckle out of abusing him in her language.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
!Tommy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote !Tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2013 at 8:58pm
Okay, this commercial is starting to drive me a bit crazy. I think these days adverts are going for anything that will grab our attention, be it whistling or yelling, or screaming, or stupid anything in it... I love the doughboy and have ever since I was a kid, but since they've gotten other things to do his commercials, they've went downhill. Put the cute doughboy back on instead of sh*t like this crap.
susanlynn7 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote susanlynn7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2013 at 8:10pm
I really hate this ad...besides the fact that it is weird and makes zero sense the worst part is when the obnoxious yodeling brat says, "warm,flaky,gooey...toaster struuuuudel!" Everytime I see it I think one thing and one thing only, SHUT THE F*CK UP you little smarmy twit!
susanlynn7 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote susanlynn7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2013 at 8:11pm
Oh and yes I wanted to slap the sh*t outta myself for even writing out the most annoying part of the commercial...that's how much I hate it.
Adznem View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adznem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2013 at 1:45am
He's probably the future president of their Communist party.
Redbeard View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Redbeard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2013 at 6:51am
Originally posted by Miseryguts Miseryguts wrote:

I always thought it was the Swiss who were the yodellers, not the Germans.

Austro-Bavarian.

Every time I see this commercial, I expect Danny Kaye to walk in and start singing "The King's New Clothes."

Ken 1802 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken 1802 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2013 at 2:51pm
There is something uncanny valley about that kid....Confused
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic