Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

JustFab: Woman screaming over shoes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: JustFab: Woman screaming over shoes
    Posted: 09 Aug 2013 at 10:06pm
This commercials features woman on web cams screaming, over how much they're saved at Just Fab.com ugh HATE IT!

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Sponsored Links

Amy414 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Amy414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2013 at 12:04am
I absolutely HATE this commercial. It just came on, and once again I didn't get to the mute in time. Whoever came up with this ought to be fired, and everyone in the world should boycott Justfab. I hope they go out of business. I didn't think commercials could get any worse than all the annoying car inurance ones, but this one surpassed them all. It actually makes me feel violent.
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2013 at 12:40am
Isn't JustFab the same site that previously featured women in an office browsing their site and letting out orgasmic and other sexual sounding moans over the shoes/prices?
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
Amy414 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amy414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2013 at 12:58am
Yes DKS, and that one was despicable too.
Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2013 at 11:16pm
I would not do that over shoes. Pocket watches maybe. Pianos, perhaps. 
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 4:26pm
This one?

I guess next time, since it fits their theme of stereotypical women so much, they could make a commercial where the woman is making a sammich for her man in the kitchen while she finds out about justfab.com.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 4:33pm

When I find that oh-so-perfect pair of shoes at Target, my expression remains blank, and I silently think, "Good.  Now I can get outta here".

Come to think of it, that applies to any purchase.  I can't imagine why anyone would scream or have any emotional reaction, for that matter, over a purchase. 

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 4:55pm
I did it once....over a LEGO set.

But in my defense, this was a store exclusive that was released over a year prior, with a limited print piece....and it was 80% off.

I totally was within my rights.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by Synesthesia Synesthesia wrote:

I would not do that over shoes. Pocket watches maybe. Pianos, perhaps.

Are you a fellow pocket watch lover?

I have a few myself, including my grandfather's old Knickerbockerrailroad watch.

I had a cheap one from the Sears catalogue or somewhere when I was a kid.

Bugged my mom until she got it for me.

Probably only cost a few bucks.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

When I find that oh-so-perfect pair of shoes at Target, my expression remains blank, and I silently think, "Good.  Now I can get outta here".

Come to think of it, that applies to any purchase.  I can't imagine why anyone would scream or have any emotional reaction, for that matter, over a purchase.

Having browsed thru Target's shoe dept. before, I cannot imagine finding an "oh-so-perfect" pair of them there.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 5:33pm
^Dunno, I've gotten some really great shoes from the likes of Target and Wal-Mart. Last me years and years. Typically buy them clearance so I'm getting $60+ pairs for $15 or less.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 5:35pm
I usually get my shoes at Target - $25 tops.   I'd never spend much more than that, let alone $200, on a pair of f**king shoes.

Come to think of it, I am about due to buy a new pair. My current shoes' soles (about 2 years old now) are wearing pretty thin.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 6:04pm
I buy Dr. Scholls tennis (athletic) shoes at Wal-mart.  Cheap, about 30 bucks. I always have a nasty pair thats been wet, grass stained. And a better pair for going out to church and funerals.
Thats was a joke. I have dress shoes, and a suit that probably does not fit anymore.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Having browsed thru Target's shoe dept. before, I cannot imagine finding an "oh-so-perfect" pair of them there.

"Oh-so-perfect" means "These'll do; they fit and they're under $20".

Zach6848 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zach6848 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 9:33pm
These women belong in a mental hospital.

What the hell is this obsession with shoes?

I have three pairs of shoes. Regular sneakers, steel-toe sh*t-kicker work boots, and some dress boots for when I have a job interview or a funeral to go to.

Whoever thought this ad was a good idea is a f**king straight-up idiot. What is this misconception that loud, grating, incredibly obnoxious noises in a repetitive commercial will excite people about whatever you're trying to sell?

I think advertisers could really make some money if they made a commercial where somebody just demolishes all of these tactics and goes: "No nonsense. This is what I'm selling. No animated characters, no screaming, no trendy humor, no hipsters, no singing, no stupid slogan, no gimmicks. This is what I'm selling and here's why you should invest in it."
Ken 1802 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken 1802 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2013 at 12:35am
I buy my shoes from Payless.
Amy414 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amy414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2013 at 1:24am
Originally posted by Zach6848 Zach6848 wrote:

These women belong in a mental hospital.

What the hell is this obsession with shoes?

I have three pairs of shoes. Regular sneakers, steel-toe sh*t-kicker work boots, and some dress boots for when I have a job interview or a funeral to go to.

Whoever thought this ad was a good idea is a f**king straight-up idiot. What is this misconception that loud, grating, incredibly obnoxious noises in a repetitive commercial will excite people about whatever you're trying to sell?

I think advertisers could really make some money if they made a commercial where somebody just demolishes all of these tactics and goes: "No nonsense. This is what I'm selling. No animated characters, no screaming, no trendy humor, no hipsters, no singing, no stupid slogan, no gimmicks. This is what I'm selling and here's why you should invest in it."

Well said. Thank you. Couldn't agree more!
Ken 1802 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken 1802 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2013 at 1:38am
Zack, there was a commercial with the woman who played Ethel on I love Lucy doing a commercial for a product, and she basically said, "I think(product) name works great."(or something along those lines).  No screaming in this commercial, and I'll bet she got the point across without being absurd.
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2013 at 6:49am
I don't scream over ANY merchandise. I recently found a limited edition and no longer readily available knife I wanted at the local pawn shop. I gave them the $20 and that was that. I've found extremely rare, out of print CDs by obscure bands I listen to, again, I placed my order and that was that.
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2013 at 2:21pm

The male equivalent might be screaming over football on TV.  Guys don't usually do this watching a game alone at home.  But when it's a group event, the screams can be heard a block away.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2013 at 3:28pm
I dunno.

I'm not sure there even exists a male comparison to women screaming over shoes.

With football (& sports in general) nowadays, women are almost as big a fan base as men are & hence, are involved in the screaming for their team as well.

I think a comparison, if it existed, which I don't think it does, would be men screaming over some object(s) of desire, like a lot full of nice cars, or pickup trucks, or a cache of guns, or a fridge full of beer or any other thing that might be considered a traditional object of guys' love & adoration.

A room full of naked women. (Can you imagine what the reaction would be to a guy jumping up & down squealing upon encountering that???)

I think the male equivalent to women screaming over shoes, is the slightly raised volume exclamation of the word "AWESOME!!!!!"

Possibly accompanied by one of these:

Possibly also, with the word "dude" or it's plural form "dudes" occasionally added on if the guy is accompanied by other males.

C'mon, man!
Cross Traffic View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cross Traffic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2013 at 3:39pm
Nice way of trying to get around the equalization rules for commercials, talk in a whisper and have these slunts scream at the top of their lungs.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2013 at 3:46pm

Originally posted by Cross Traffic Cross Traffic wrote:

Nice way of trying to get around the equalization rules for commercials, talk in a whisper and have these slunts scream at the top of their lungs.

Yeah, this commercial might meet the volume rules, but screaming is still screaming.  It's like hearing a gunshot or car crash down the block in the middle of the night.  It may not be that loud, but it's still jarring.

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2013 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by Cross Traffic Cross Traffic wrote:

Is that a typo or a combination of the 2 words? My guess is the latter LOL
Kris L. Walker View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kris L. Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2013 at 12:35am
I am not afraid to say this, despite the fact I have a girlfriend, but what the f**k is the big deal, they're just f**king shoes! My girlfriend saw this commercial with me last night while watching something (I forget what it is. Cry) and she nearly flipped out when she saw this commercial. All she could say is, "Why would any woman go gaga over a damn shoe?! I only have ten pairs of shoes in my closet." I said, "Only 10?!" She replied, "It could be worse, I could have over a thousand." I laughed and admitted, "Yeah, or you could be a shoe freak like these b****es in these motherf**king commercials.", and we both laughed and agreed that anyone who supports these ignoramuses or acts like them is a very shallow person, and needs to learn that clothes aren't everything and it's personality that makes the person, not the other way around. 
Back from an unexpected hiatus. Time to rip ads a new one all over again.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic