Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kmart Rap

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote spawntmp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kmart Rap
    Posted: 29 Jul 2013 at 7:37pm
ok, first time poster but long time lurker. Love the site and you guys, you are all very funny and apparently share the same pet peeves that I do. At any rate, I submit the Kmart Rap as a CIH:

Sponsored Links

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2013 at 7:55pm
What in the hell f*ck was that? "Da Rich Kidzz" ???  Confused

Mercy ... That had to be one of the worst POS's I've ever seen (and just one more reason I'm thankful to get virtually zero Kmart advertising on TV here).   The concept of a bunch of spoiled sh*tless, over-privileged crotchfruits trying to act like they're "down" is too asinine for words to do it justice.

PS Welcome Thumbs Up
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2013 at 7:56pm
And the good people at Sears wonder why they're slowly going out of business...
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2013 at 8:36pm
What in the FK was that??? I am guilty of being way over 50 but I still like lots of different kinds of music. Todays music is mostly bullcrap and rap has always been nothing I understand or enjoy. 
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2013 at 8:38pm
WTF is this ghetto crap? I guess it's aimed at kids who think rap is considered "real music".

Kmart do us all us a favor and spare us from this misery, phase out the Kmart name, you're an embarrassment to yourselves.

Also whoever thinks a school bus is a freaking limo is highly delusional.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2013 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

What in the hell f*ck was that? "Da Rich Kidzz" ???  Confused

Apparently, they really need to go back to school.  LOL

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2013 at 10:07pm
^^ LOL

School might be a moot point for that bunch of juvenile losers .. they're beyond help.
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2013 at 10:59pm
I know it's too entrenched in urban culture to do so, but I REALLY wish rap would just go away permanently. Everything's been done before (the rhyming schematic actually limits rap), and a lot of modern beats are recycled/stolen from better songs. It's like the music equivalent of a second-hand store for people not classy enough to listen to the real thing.

And definitely, get it out of commercials! It doesn't make your business look "hip" anymore - just low-class and trashy.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2013 at 11:16pm
2:00 minutes was enough.....

I see those tan work boots are still in style.Ermm

Did the school bus  limo make a wrong turn? Where'd the white kid come from?
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2013 at 8:08am
I actually made it to 2:26 and couldn't believe there was more to endure.  I just couldn't take it anymore.  To answer your question, the blonde white girl is The Token White and she will be married to a black man one day, possibly doing a breakfast cereal commercial with him and their child, who will be rapping about it from it's highchair.
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2013 at 10:44am
That was....just unbelievably horrible, on so many different levels.
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2013 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by Snesgamer Snesgamer wrote:

I know it's too entrenched in urban culture to do so, but I REALLY wish rap would just go away permanently. Everything's been done before (the rhyming schematic actually limits rap), and a lot of modern beats are recycled/stolen from better songs. It's like the music equivalent of a second-hand store for people not classy enough to listen to the real thing.

I once read somewhere, a black chick lament "We used to have music.  Now we have beats."

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2013 at 11:17pm
They should cut out all the pretentiousness, and call it what it really is. Krap!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2013 at 4:03am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

They should cut out all the pretentiousness, and call it what it really is. Krap!

Movie: The last boy scout. Bruce Willis as Joe Hallenbeck.

Milo: (Bad Guy) after having the cr*p beat out of Joe.
You think you are so f***king cool, don't you? You think you are so f***ing cool. But just once, I would like to hear you scream in pain...

Joe Hallenbeck:
Play some rap music.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2013 at 4:53am
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

2:00 minutes was enough.....

I see those tan work boots are still in style.Ermm

Did the school bus  limo make a wrong turn? Where'd the white kid come from?
Consider it kindness and anti-bullying - they HAD to let 'dem beez 'players', too. It's no fun being 'outsiders'.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
TeamEdward1976 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeamEdward1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2013 at 4:58am
Originally posted by lkl005 lkl005 wrote:

What in the FK was that??? I am guilty of being way over 50 but I still like lots of different kinds of music. Todays music is mostly bullcrap and rap has always been nothing I understand or enjoy. 
I'm 37 and I think most of today's music is crap!I saw this commercial twice today and all I have to say isAngryAngryAngry
Julie
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2013 at 1:39pm
I can't stand that kind of "music", regardless of who performs it!!! AngryDeadCryDeadAngry

Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2013 at 9:57pm
There's no way that aired on TV in its full length, or did it? 3 minutes is unacceptable for a prime-time commercial break ad, especially when it's this gut-wrenchingly painful to get through.
Dr. John Dorian View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. John Dorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2013 at 1:45am
I have no clever jokes for this,so I just want to say it makes me grind my teeth from being so stupid. I came here 30 seconds after seeing these punks just to see if it had been discovered by anyone here yet. 
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2013 at 7:32am
This commercial has:
1)Rapping.
2)A group of KIDS rapping, which is even worse.
3)A group of KIDS rapping about their f**king SCHOOL BUS, which is even MORE worse.
4)Said group of kids apparently calls themselves "Da Rich Kidzz"(I guess the marketing execs failed rap names 101, as usually a rapper who wants to brag about being rich would replace the "S" with a "$" rather than a "Z", or in this case, "ZZ")
5)A group called "Da Rich Kidzz" rapping about their K-Mart apparel, cause you know, the odds of any rich kid actually getting their clothes at K-Mart aren't even lower than the odds of Brad Pitt being unable to find a hot chick who wants to bang him or anything.
6)One of the "rich kids" wearing a giant piece of K-Mart "bling", another has that goofy hi-top hair that wasn't cool when Kid n' Play and Vanilla Ice did it in the 80's, much less today.
7)Features a token white kid, because you know, unlike the vast majority of actual rap groups, commercials have to show we're diverse and thus can't have a rap group on TV that is all black.
8)Lasts over 3 minutes, which is longer than any GOOD commercial should be, much less an awful one.

"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
jenjen View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenjen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2013 at 10:42pm
HATE HATE HATE not only this commercial but rap too!!!! I am a huge music lover and I firmly believe that rap is responsible for the dumbing down of our youth and the watering and dumbing  down of R&B!! The "powers that be" in marketing know exactley what they are doing! I am so glad I don't shop at kmart or sears...if they keep pulling this crap they will be joining Montgomery Wards!!Evil Smile
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2013 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by jenjen jenjen wrote:

HATE HATE HATE not only this commercial but rap too!!!! I am a huge music lover and I firmly believe that rap is responsible for the dumbing down of our youth and the watering and dumbing  down of R&B!! The "powers that be" in marketing know exactley what they are doing! I am so glad I don't shop at kmart or sears...if they keep pulling this crap they will be joining Montgomery Wards!!Evil Smile
Big smileClapThumbs UpWell said, Jen! (...and been awhile! How ya doin' kiddo?)
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2013 at 12:21am
In the cereal aisle at your local RapMart.
tass View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2013 at 1:07am
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

In the cereal aisle at your local RapMart.

That young man is wearing a diaper.
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2013 at 1:15am
It's because of all the butt sex he got in prison...
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic