Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kia Cadenza Reunion Bitch

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kia Cadenza Reunion Bitch
    Posted: 20 Jul 2013 at 5:20am

"Remember that girl you didn't notice in high school?"

Stupid line.  How could you remember her if you didn't notice her?

Plus, she seems like a total bitch, the way she brushes past everyone as if to show them what they missed out on 20 years ago.  And she's doing that stupid model walk, which, if there was snow on the ground, would leave prints in the snow that looked like she had her shoes on the wrong feet.

And, Oh yeah!  This is her 20th reunion.  Sure.  Did she graduate when she was 3?

Sponsored Links

dizrythmia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dizrythmia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2013 at 6:51am
yeah, this must be a preschool reunion or something, good god. she looks younger than me and i'm not even old enough for my 20th yet. maybe it's a reunion for something special like summer camp?

the really depressing thing is that people online are like, "who sings this song?" or "i didn't know this was david bowie!" ugh. (though to be pedantic, reunions usually focus on music from that year, so shouldn't it have been a song from 1993 and not 1983? she wasn't at the reunion yet, but since the whole thing is about her 20th reunion, it's kinda weird.)
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2013 at 7:55am
I hate how some people get so vindictive with this "remember how you didn't notice me in HS"crap. Look, if you look that good NOW, you most likely weren't noticed in HS because you were dumpy and didn't bother to make any real effort to change your appearance or grooming and expected everyone to give you, a solitary fish in the sea of other people, a chance.

It might be considered an unfortunate fact of human nature, but we do tend to take notice of more attractive people - and just because you happened to break out of your little ugly/average cocoon and turn out great doesn't mean everyone's going to, nor does it automatically mean everyone should feel sorry for said average-looking people and go out on pity dates with them during HS just in case they might look better later on in life.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2013 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by Snesgamer Snesgamer wrote:

I hate how some people get so vindictive with this "remember how you didn't notice me in HS"crap.

It's really a juvenile attitude, isn't it?  It's as if she's still working out high school problems 20 years later.  That might be OK for the 5-year reunion, but not the 20th.

I saw some newsletter in anticipation of my 25th reunion, in which some of the alumni weighed in on what they've been up to.  One plain girl talked of how she's lost weight and had plastic surgery, and now she looks really good.  It seemed sad that she'd still be dwelling enough on this stuff that she'd actually write about it, as if it was still bothering her 25 years later.

Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2013 at 5:00pm
"Remember that girl you didn't notice in High School? Well she's had 14 plastic surgeries, 20 liposuctions, 3 dental caps after having her braces taken off, is now bulimic and stopped on her way to your reunion to vomit the pack of raisins and 2 tic tacs she had for lunch so she could finally zip the side of the 1-size-too-small dress she bought for this night... "

As for the model walk.. a little meat on a woman's thighs will keep the legs from crossing like that when she walks.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2013 at 11:57pm
Seriously move on with your life. I imagine most people who aren't neurotics don't remember anybody from high school unless they hung out with them. You wanna really sock it to the people who were mean to you in high school? Stop giving them power over you, Move on with your life instead of wasting your time training to fight that old bully or show up that girl/guy who turned you down all those years ago.

Oh and if you're gonna show up anybody get a Rolls Royce or a Bentley. Nobody is gonna be impressed by a Kia. Kia's rep as a purveyor of bland boring econo- boxes has long been established.
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2013 at 3:34am
"Hey, you left your lights on!" Is what I would say to her!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
PitLoad413 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PitLoad413 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2013 at 5:36am
No one is gonna' care what car you're driving!  Besides no woman outside of a modeling agency will ever come to a high school reunion looking like that. Kia has come a long way from low-rent crap to this shallow bullsh*t. 
yeesh View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote yeesh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2013 at 3:37pm
I'm just pissed that they ruined a perfectly good Bowie song.
"Fat, Drunk, and Stupid is no way to go through life, son...."

Vernon Wormer, Dean of Students, Faber College
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2013 at 3:48pm
"Remember that girl you didn't notice in high school?  Well she was so ashamed to come to the 20 year reunion she had her daughter go in her place" Would be more accurate for this commercial.

Brad View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2013 at 12:45am
OK - she's hot and all, but she still drives a Kia! Wonder if she should hook up with the Subaru dude!
KrissyBean View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KrissyBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2013 at 1:56pm
Whenever I hear the name of this car, all I can think of is "credenza".... and then I picture someone trying to drive a big piece of furniture down the road. LOL
Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2013 at 4:34pm
(Deleted)

It's ok, I'm in marketing!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2013 at 4:44pm

^  It really does make her look desperate for attention.  Inside, her classmates still shun her, and she has no idea why.  "B-b-b-but I'm so hot now!!"

john koenig View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john koenig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2013 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by DirtyD79 DirtyD79 wrote:

Seriously move on with your life. I imagine most people who aren't neurotics don't remember anybody from high school unless they hung out with them. You wanna really sock it to the people who were mean to you in high school? Stop giving them power over you, Move on with your life instead of wasting your time training to fight that old bully or show up that girl/guy who turned you down all those years ago.

Oh and if you're gonna show up anybody get a Rolls Royce or a Bentley. Nobody is gonna be impressed by a Kia. Kia's rep as a purveyor of bland boring econo- boxes has long been established.
Take a look at the Optima and you'll change your mind.
BiffSpiff View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BiffSpiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2013 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by KrissyBean KrissyBean wrote:

Whenever I hear the name of this car, all I can think of is "credenza".... and then I picture someone trying to drive a big piece of furniture down the road. LOL

Actually, it makes me think of Dr. Suess:

http://seuss.wikia.com/wiki/Moss-Covered_Three-Handled_Family_Gradunza - http://seuss.wikia.com/wiki/Moss-Covered_Three-Handled_Family_Gradunza

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2013 at 8:49pm
I only like the commercial for one second clip featuring One WTC. It's an old image now the glass doesn't reach the top and the spire is not constructed yet.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Yutolia View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yutolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2013 at 11:13pm
I like the David Bowie song. I wish it wasn't associated with this awful commercial.
"Xbox Live is an online homophobia club for pre-teen Tourette’s sufferers." - Brockway, Cracked.com
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2013 at 5:31pm
Realizing how much I hate the song too, sorry Yutolia. WTF is "serious moonlight"?
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2013 at 5:41pm
^I hated the song the first time I heard this commercial, because of that line.

As opposed to what? the laughing moonlight? The crying moonlight. The Monster Raving Loony moonlight?
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2013 at 7:08pm

I don't like the song either.  Bowie sucked in the 80s. 

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2013 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I don't like the song either.  Bowie sucked in the 80s. 

I agree. David Live was the end of my liking his work. I played it over and over on the Blaupunkt 8 track in my 1971 Mustang MACH 1.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 12:12am
Wow! The original commercial has been completely redone.

Does anyone think as I do that very high level corporate executives simply said "this commercial makes our product look stupid. Fix it"!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 12:42am

^  But they're still showing the original.

As far as Bowie, I've always been a fan of musical artists' early works.  So, for me, it was Hunky Dory, Ziggy Stardust, Aladdin Sane and Diamond Dogs.

"This ain't rock and roll.  This is...genocide!"

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 2:34am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

^  But they're still showing the original.

As far as Bowie, I've always been a fan of musical artists' early works.  So, for me, it was Hunky Dory, Ziggy Stardust, Aladdin Sane and Diamond Dogs.

I was a Bowie fan ("Ziggy really sang, screwed up eyes and screwed down hairdo Like some cat from japan". Was Eddie Van Halen trying to be Ziggy in his later really weird performances?) until the mid 1980s when Bowie like so many other unique artists, seemed to go more mainstream (commercial). It reminded me of Frank Zappa's personal critique or maybe bragging of his work. "No commercial potential"!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic