Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IHOP Summer Signature Pancakes - Video

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KrissyBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IHOP Summer Signature Pancakes - Video
    Posted: 07 Jul 2013 at 8:56pm
I HATE HATE HATE this stupid-ass commercial! Every single character in this 30 second clip pisses me off - from the fake looking Asian cop, to the gross girl in the glasses who looks like she's going to sh*t herself, from the stupid blonde chick telling me to get them now (!), to the girl doing a stupid dance in her chair about banana pancakes. I've never seen such a stupid commercial in my life. Angry

Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2013 at 9:31pm
Video did not come through Krissy.
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2013 at 9:43pm
What about the finale Fhaggot?
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2013 at 11:07pm

Yeah, don't know what they were going for with the glasses girl, that was probably meant to be a muffled scream over how good it was, not to look like she just sharted herself like the final outcome did.
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2013 at 12:02am
Maybe glasses girl has one of those remote-controlled vibrators and her boyfriend decided to have some fun?
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
verminstew View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verminstew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2013 at 12:50am
^LOL!  And the way she says Banana.
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2013 at 4:48am
Originally posted by verminstew verminstew wrote:

^LOL!  And the way she says Banana.

If she had a boyfriend, I'm pretty sure she doesn't now. Doing that banana dance in public is sure grounds for a dumping, don't you think?
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2013 at 4:49am
Originally posted by Codtaro Codtaro wrote:

Maybe glasses girl has one of those remote-controlled vibrators and her boyfriend decided to have some fun?

Is your new avatar you, Codtaro? Just wondering.
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2013 at 4:58am
Yeah, it is.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2013 at 5:00am
What's wrong with the people in this ad? Those pancakes look nasty. WTF is up with the woman with the glasses? That stupid face she makes looks like she wants to spit out what's in her mouth.
Phil View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2013 at 5:55am
came here just to specifically bitch about this commercial

and yes i want to ring both the girls with the glasses' necks. the sad thing is, girls really are like this today and think they're geeks because they watch the big bang theory and watch pbs.
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2013 at 6:21am
I remember a time when geek was an insult, not a fashion statement....
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2013 at 7:00am
Come to think of it, I'm honestly surprised nobody in the ad tried to instagram their food.

Note to any IHOP adtards: This is not an open invitation to take that idea into consideration.
ghostonthehorizon View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostonthehorizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2013 at 12:32pm

That's the problem, it is a fashion statement. Zooey Deschanel and all the other crap like that is trying to be the whole, "Oh look we're cute and geeky, we may not be geeks proper but we're cute. You have to love us."
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2013 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by ghostonthehorizon ghostonthehorizon wrote:

That's the problem, it is a fashion statement. Zooey Deschanel and all the other crap like that is trying to be the whole, "Oh look we're cute and geeky, we may not be geeks proper but we're cute. You have to love us."

I'll bet that if we started referring to such people as dorks rather than geeks, they wouldn't be so quick to proclaim themselves as such.  "Doofuses" might work, too.  Maybe even "schlub".

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2013 at 3:05pm
Re: Summer Signature Pancakes, my question is, how do you put a signature on a pancake to begin with?

And why would you?

Do you use a felt-tip marker, or is there some sort of pancake signing gadget they use?

And who signs them? Can you sign your own? Can you get celebrity signatures? Would the pancake then become collectible memorabilia?

Would a signature on a pancake be considered legally binding?

This ad just raises more questions than it answers afaic.

I will say that those pancakes look pretty damned good, though.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
70s80s View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70s80s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2013 at 5:05pm
I'm getting a toothache and a stomach ache looking at the calorie-packed pancakes done up as desserts!
"Cottage cheese is not a 'feminine product'!"
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2013 at 5:10pm
Why do pancakes have to be dessert, too? Yuck! As much as I like tiramisu, I wouldn't think of ordering it for breakfast. Nor could I eat a side of bacon or sausage with Bananas Foster. I know IHOP is 24/7 and that "tiramisu pancakes" may sound like a grand idea at 4:00 AM after a night of heavy drinking, but the after effects are just too brutal to think about!
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2013 at 5:40pm
I think people order those kinds of fancy-shmancy pancakes as more of a special treat or out of curiosity just to see what they taste like, than they do to satisfy some hunger or craving for pancakes.

Sort of a novelty thing I'm guessing.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
KrissyBean View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KrissyBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2013 at 5:44pm
Snes, thanks for getting that video up for me. Must have been copy-protected since I took it from IHOP's official YouTube page. Every time I see this commercial I hate it more and more.... that girl with the glasses.... grrrrrr.... I just want to take her glasses off her stupid face, snap them in half and then yell directly at her "you're not cool or different!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You look like an idiot!!!!!!!" Then, I'd throw her pancakes on the ground as I walked away.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2013 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by KrissyBean KrissyBean wrote:

Snes, thanks for getting that video up for me. Must have been copy-protected since I took it from IHOP's official YouTube page. Every time I see this commercial I hate it more and more.... that girl with the glasses.... grrrrrr.... I just want to take her glasses off her stupid face, snap them in half and then yell directly at her "you're not cool or different!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You look like an idiot!!!!!!!" Then, I'd throw her pancakes on the ground as I walked away.

Couldn't you just take her pancakes away from her & give them to me???

I'd hate to see them wasted like that.

C'mon, man!
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2013 at 6:58pm
Screw you IHOP, I want my pancakes with butter and syrup, and that's it.

Why is every restaurant & fast food place in the country acting compelled to come up with the zaniest concoctions and throwing them together onto a plate or bun just for the sake of having something 'new?'   2 Beef Patties, Onion Rings, Bacon, Avocado, Sweet Potato tots, Pickle slices, Pepperjack Cheese, and Creamy Nutella Ranch on 3 slices of Sourdough Toast just to have a 'variety' friendly menu.   Just give me a goddamn hamburger and fries, not some culinary clusterf**k.

KrissyBean View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KrissyBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2013 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by KrissyBean KrissyBean wrote:

Couldn't you just take her pancakes away from her & give them to me???

I'd hate to see them wasted like that.

Sorry Jimbo. I want to throw them on the floor just to make a point. Plus- I would throw her snapped glasses on top of them and then stomp on all of it. Afterwords though, I'll be happy to buy you some pancakes. :)
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2013 at 10:05pm
And I thought women only ate Special K cereal, yogurt along with a morsel of chocolate for orgasms   desert. 
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2013 at 10:39pm
I wouldn't be surprised if IHOP were to have a yogurt topped pancake stack on their menu Sick
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic