Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Honey Boo Boo 'Watch 'N' Sniff Event' (video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Honey Boo Boo 'Watch 'N' Sniff Event' (video)
    Posted: 07 Jul 2013 at 3:29am
ShockedIs THIS where we are destined to end up, or is my 'idiot box' possessed and trying to drive me off the 'deep end'?
This just showed up as I was drifting off into a peaceful sleep...now I'm wide awake.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2013 at 3:33am
I saw the commercial, it is terrible.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2013 at 3:54am
Shocked...just saw ANOTHER version of this commercial - and it appears the current 'People' Magazine has the 'watch 'n' sniff' card for the show!
"Scratch 'n' Sniff Boo Boo T.V."? 
This just sounds more and more like a John Waters-produced very bad nightmare...
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2013 at 8:35pm
How can this show about hogs have the ratings to stay on air this long?Pig
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2013 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Shocked...just saw ANOTHER version of this commercial - and it appears the current 'People' Magazine has the 'watch 'n' sniff' card for the show!

Okay...now I might have to watch it.  Where do I get one of these cards?  LOL

This just sounds more and more like a John Waters-produced very bad nightmare... 

Hmmmm...I see John Waters has actually weighed in on this show:

Waters' explorations of bad taste seem an expanding and wonderful universe. In that context, is there an argument to be made that - in a sort of pop culture Butterfly Effect - Waters is ultimately responsible for the fatty buffet of queasy reality television where programs like "Jersey Shore" or "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" dominate Nielson ratings but lack his sense of vision and empathy?

"Not at all," Waters says with certainty. "I never looked down on my characters; I always look UP to them. I've never seen Honey Boo Boo, but the idea is that no one watching feels lower class than Honey Boo Boo. I'm against that sort of class thinking. Don't film her so you can look down on her."

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2013 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Okay...now I might have to watch it.  Where do I get one of these cards?  LOL

Hmmmm...I see John Waters has actually weighed in on this show:

Waters' explorations of bad taste seem an expanding and wonderful universe. In that context, is there an argument to be made that - in a sort of pop culture Butterfly Effect - Waters is ultimately responsible for the fatty buffet of queasy reality television where programs like "Jersey Shore" or "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" dominate Nielson ratings but lack his sense of vision and empathy?

"Not at all," Waters says with certainty. "I never looked down on my characters; I always look UP to them. I've never seen Honey Boo Boo, but the idea is that no one watching feels lower class than Honey Boo Boo. I'm against that sort of class thinking. Don't film her so you can look down on her."

ConfusedSoooooo...the real question is: How many closet Boo Boo Sniffer and Peekers are we going to really have on this board? Think it is time for another CIH poll?
TeamEdward1976 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeamEdward1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2013 at 1:07am

ShockedIs THIS where we are destined to end up, or is my 'idiot box' possessed and trying to drive me off the 'deep end'?
This just showed up as I was drifting off into a peaceful sleep...now I'm wide awake.
AngryAngryAngryDeadDeadWhy,do they keep shoving crap like this down our throats?Do they really think this is what people want to watch?
Julie
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2013 at 10:09am
Originally posted by TeamEdward1976 TeamEdward1976 wrote:

?Do they really think this is what people want to watch?

As long as enough people keep watching it(and they do) for them to make money, yes, they really think it's what people want to watch.
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
TeamEdward1976 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TeamEdward1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2013 at 3:48am
Newsflash!Honey Boo Boo ain't cute!She's skanky!
Julie
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2013 at 4:24am

ConfusedSoooooo...the real question is: How many closet Boo Boo Sniffer and Peekers are we going to really have on this board? Think it is time for another CIH poll?

If I can get hold of a copy of this People magazine for free, I just might join in on the stinkin' fun.  I think my neighbress might get the mag.  I'm certainly not gonna pay for it.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2013 at 5:33pm
ConfusedWe're getting ready to go to the grocer's....and I really don't think I'll be able to control myself.
I HAVE to go to the magazine section and see if these things really exist.
Might scracth a few out of morbid curiosity...and I KNOW a lot of you will be doing the same thing - admit it! (I know Thor already said he was going to do it, but I'll only do it once)
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2013 at 9:22pm
Pig
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2013 at 9:37pm
^^^LOL...oooooo.k. THEN!
When's the last time you made a girl do that, Tizzer?
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2013 at 9:39pm

While I'm watchin' and sniffin', I might have to fix me a nice merannaise sammidge.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2013 at 10:05pm
Confused...maybe there is something to support immigration, here?
All new immigrants and prospective citizens must watch and praise 'Honey Boo Boo'.
All new immigrants and prospective citizens must live their first six months in 'BooBooLand'.
All new immigrants and prospective citizens must 'walk a mile in BooBooShoes'.
All new immigrants and prospective citizens must learn to speak 'BooBenglish'.
Prolly a few other things, too...but, when it is all said and done, we can deny them and send them home.
The horrification we would be imposing on the original countries would probably end immigaration concerns as countries will not allow citizens to visit the U.S. 

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2013 at 10:25pm
I feel sorry for the film crew. They probably drink heavily just to get Boo Boo & Family's image out of their minds.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2013 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

I feel sorry for the film crew. They probably drink heavily just to get Boo Boo & Family's image out of their minds.
LOLThey probably drink WITH 'BooBoo & Family' at the weekend 'Stink/Cook-outs'. Wouldn't be surprised if they suffer from some nervous disorder that leaves them scratching and sniffing...
JoeyClubfoot View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote JoeyClubfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2013 at 2:17am
I hope this show is not shown overseas.   Sooo embarrassing.   This would make them hate us even more than they already do.
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2013 at 2:19am
Then again, it might make them pity us and be more lenient with their immigration laws, to help the tormented minority escape the madness of commercial television...
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2013 at 9:07pm

Honey Boo Boo has brought American pop culture VERRRY close to the world as it was in Idiocracy. Hell, I even think the Museum of Fart is classier than these "scratch-n-sniff" things.

Here's hoping they don't use ACTUAL distilled fart odor or butt grease in the production of the "smells".
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2013 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by Snesgamer Snesgamer wrote:

Honey Boo Boo has brought American pop culture VERRRY close to the world as it was in Idiocracy. Hell, I even think the Museum of Fart is classier than these "scratch-n-sniff" things.

Here's hoping they don't use ACTUAL distilled fart odor or butt grease in the production of the "smells".

Huh, I've seen Idiocracy on TV and they've never shown that sequence, maybe to make room for more commercials?
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2013 at 11:54pm
I don't want to sniff honey boo boo's anything. Much less her farts! Are you f**king kidding me!!!
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
70s80s View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70s80s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2013 at 11:43pm
Sad truth is: This is the kind of "hook" that hooks new viewers, and they all say, "Get over it!  It's FUNNY!"

Then, of course, about 500 other FAKEality trash shows have to follow their lead!

"Cottage cheese is not a 'feminine product'!"
PitLoad413 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PitLoad413 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2013 at 5:44am
If there is any group of so-called human beings to be blacklisted and/or deported from this country it would be Honey Boo-Boo and her brood of Man-Pig mutants.  Hell, let's deport the executives of this sh*t-excuse for a network along with to a desert island in the middle of the Pacific.  I mean c'mon what can they offer society? Neither side knows anything of vital importance. One side can't even pump their own gas while the other doesn't know how to stop eating, or read, or hell, think.  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic