Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - KFC - Black kids bickering about eating the bones
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

KFC - Black kids bickering about eating the bones

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JusticeColde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: KFC - Black kids bickering about eating the bones
    Posted: 30 Jun 2013 at 2:22am

I am really getting sick of these damn commercials for KFC's boneless chicken, but this one is the f**king worst. Two kids bickering in back seat about eating the bones, they tried to make it somehow better by using black people but it just made it worse somehow.

Goddamn, how hard is it to just say that you're selling boneless chicken now?
www.youtube.com/sexydarius96
Sponsored Links

Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2013 at 3:31pm
I'd like to know how commercial series work. Do they film them back to back, then get contracted to slowly release them? It's the only way my mind can comprehend this. I can't imagine they made the first one and managed to convince themselves it was a great idea and that they should produce a whole lot more.

Also, the issue with using kids in commercials, which almost never works well (especially not annoying ones in cars).

And did they HAVE to use a Gary Coleman doppelganger for the little boy?

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2013 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by Snesgamer Snesgamer wrote:

I'd like to know how commercial series work. Do they film them back to back, then get contracted to slowly release them? It's the only way my mind can comprehend this. I can't imagine they made the first one and managed to convince themselves it was a great idea and that they should produce a whole lot more.

I think it depends on how long they plan on using the particular campaign.  They probably film a few commercials and then, if they want to continue the campaign, will produce more commercials.  For instance, Flo's been filming commercials all along.  There must be 100 by now.  If, from the start, they found that everyone hated her, they wouldn't have continued on.  I wouldn't be surprised if she's filming one at this very moment.  LOL

Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2013 at 7:55pm
I'm guessing they got enough negative feedback about the commercials where people panicked about eating the bones themselves, so the geniuses in the think tank came up with; "well then, why not have people thinking that other people ate the bones". I have to admit, "he ate the bones" is a better concept than "i ate the bones", but still...
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2013 at 7:58pm
God dang it kids STFU about the dang bones already!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2013 at 8:06pm
THOR! Ad is breathing on me!

Angry
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 2:26am
Originally posted by Darthhillbilly Darthhillbilly wrote:

THOR! Ad is breathing on me!

Angry

My Granddaughters are 2 years apart. I had to endure this for a few years. "She poked me". "she pinched me". Now they are 13 and 11 y/o. I miss the old times.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 2:52am
ConfusedI wanna know why they settled on lil'black chilluns and not some nice oriental kids with hispanic parents.
KFC adclams really should think a little more 'off the bone', not just 'out of the box'.
~~~
Heck, I dunno.
Make the parents a couple o'gay Vegans - just don't make 'em black (that's kind of 'stereotyping', doncha know). 'Dad' (or whomever is 'driving', today) would probably slam the breaks and get all hot & bothered trying to figure out where the adopted (abducted?) brats got the chicken, anyway.
If KFC takes me up on my suggestion, I want my cut of the profits, dammitnow!
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 2:42pm
Does anyone remember the rumor from about 10 years ago that KFC was using genetically-engineered chickens---ones without feathers and bones---basically just blobs that were fed through tubes?

Maybe it wasn't a rumor.  LOL

Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 3:20pm
Using blacks to hawk CHICKEN for Christ sakes is stereotypical and might I say a tad bit racist too! Ouch

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by Tampon Submarine Tampon Submarine wrote:

Using blacks to hawk CHICKEN for Christ sakes is stereotypical and might I say a tad bit racist too! Ouch

It's probably best to simply not have blacks in any commercials, lest the advertisers be accused of racism. 

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by Tampon Submarine Tampon Submarine wrote:

It's probably best to simply not have blacks in any commercials, lest the advertisers be accused of racism. 

WinkThere ya go. No black, no white, no hispanic, no. Switch to Polynesians eating chickens in a dug-out. Kids in the back.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 4:38pm
In order to not offend anyone, all commercials will now star Peeps in them, and all dialogue will be done in gibberish+thought bubbles, so no one can apply a race to a certain colour of peep.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by Codtaro Codtaro wrote:

In order to not offend anyone, all commercials will now star Peeps in them, and all dialogue will be done in gibberish+thought bubbles, so no one can apply a race to a certain colour of peep.
No Pink Peeps allowed.
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 5:37pm
They're in the kitchen, making smores.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 5:44pm
ConfusedIf you visit the official PEEPS website, you'll find PEEPS *ARE* 'talking', now. 
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 5:47pm
ConfusedIf anyone has seen the NEW 'kids eating the bones' commercial, they'd be amazed to see the chilliuns are sitting on the front steps of a pretty fancy house, but 'Dad' has to come out and 'speak in hoodlingo'. Pretty depressing. This family is so white they should be afraid of the sun... 
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 5:48pm
Children in an outdoor environment?

What is this bizarre fantasy you speak of, you mangy cur?
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 6:35pm

Or they autotune the characters' voices---amped up to the point that they all sound like robots.

Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 6:42pm
Well, in that case why not do all commercials with Daleks and Cybermen?
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 6:47pm

I have no idea who they are (something Brit or Jap would be my guess), but I'll go along with that idea.

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 7:11pm

I'm familiar with the Daleks "EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE!" But I've never heard of the Cybermen. I bet the Cybermen are from Doctor Who, also.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 7:22pm
The interior of that van looks like pretty nice leather. Why in the ding dong dell would you want to bring a greasy, crumbly tub of chicken into that nice car? Leave the greasy smears in the booth at KFC for some 16  year old Kid Attitude to swab with a filthy rag.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

I'm familiar with the Daleks "EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE!" But I've never heard of the Cybermen. I bet the Cybermen are from Doctor Who, also.
Correct.

Basically, they were once humans - or near enough - from Earth's twin planet, Mondas. It was hurled out of orbit, and they released they were growing weaker, and dying sooner, so they began replacing their body parts and organs with mechanical equivalents, until they became an emotionless unfeeling race.

In the mid-60's when they were written, was the dawn of study in artificial organs.

The recent versions are a bit more...robot-esque, but I still consider their earlier incarnations to be the creepiest.

[tube]9or2yDvC3Ck[tube]
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 7:33pm

Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

The interior of that van looks like pretty nice leather. Why in the ding dong dell would you want to bring a greasy, crumbly tub of chicken into that nice car? Leave the greasy smears in the booth at KFC for some 16  year old Kid Attitude to swab with a filthy rag.

I've never gotten into that whole "eating in the car" thing.  My parents never allowed me to do it, and it just kinda stuck.  Beverages or some small snack are OK.  But not entire meals.  If I stop somewhere to get something to eat, I either eat it there, or I take it home.  A car's not a dining room.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic