Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trivago Guy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
NeilHamburgerFan View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote NeilHamburgerFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trivago Guy
    Posted: 22 Jun 2013 at 9:59pm
Any one else think that is a crazy choice for a spokesperson? He looks like a sloppy homeless guy who needs to button two more buttons on his shirt. Trivago is a German company but they really need to get different commercials for the American market- yikes!
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2013 at 10:14pm
Confused was ist los mit dem fetten Kerl? Besuchen Sie gerade, wo er nicht tut.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
JasperGretsch View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasperGretsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2013 at 10:27pm
Something about this guy's voice bugs me and I don't know what it is. 
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2013 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by JasperGretsch JasperGretsch wrote:

ConfusedWould it help if he spoke that English lingo?
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
JasperGretsch View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasperGretsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2013 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

No I'm talking about the one that the OP is talking about. This one: 

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2013 at 12:44am
It was a tolerable commercial until he iPad swiping and pressing with hands! They probably do it to look "futuristic" but it just looks stupid!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Clownloach64 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clownloach64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2013 at 6:13pm
He does appear to have spent many days with the bottle before landing this commercial. Couldn't he have taken a shower before hawking Trivago?His voice is odd as though he might originally have come from a different country.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2013 at 7:42pm
OMG is it just me, or did this guy just stumble out of a night of drinking? I swear I saw a hair sticking out of his unkempt head. If my my dad knew this guy and saw him he'd say "fix your hair!".

How is this messy image going to attract customers? I just don't get it!

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2013 at 7:47pm
Funny, I'm not seeing what you guys are seeing at all XD

I do dislike it, but mainly for that "Ohhh, look at our flashy shiny technology and computer stuff!". I suppose maybe he might look scruffy in comparison to the white-washed iPad-i-verse he seems to reside in, but outside of that I think he looks okay enough. Far better than the average local in this or the surrounding towns I live in.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2013 at 8:36pm

He looks like he has some growth on and under his chin---like he only shaved part of his face.  Once you start going gray, the scruffy look just makes you look kinda bummy.  A gray 5 o'clock shadow doesn't work.  Makes you look, well---gray.  Plus, the shirt looks kinda old and worn-out.  Otherwise, he looks fine.  Better than many 55 (or whatever) year-olds.

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2013 at 8:38pm
^I think the shirt's a linen blend. The weave looks like it would be. Typically they look like that, and they rarely photograph well because it's such a thin fabric.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2013 at 4:49pm
Every time I see an ad for a new travel site I just wonder "how the hell can the marketplace support this many players?". There is literally no need for like 5 travel sites that ALL DO THE SAME THING to exist. Go be a money grubber somewhere else and create your own website scheme.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
KrissyBean View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KrissyBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2013 at 5:05pm
Honestly, I think this guy is kind of good looking for an older gentleman.... but what's up with the unbuttoned shirt? So weird. I just want to button one more butten than I'd stop being so strange.
Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
Clownloach64 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Clownloach64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2013 at 7:41pm
He has an accent. It's subtle, but it is there. He might be German or Swedish. My real problem with this guy is his super-long torso. His pants are strangely low-slung.
hak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2013 at 9:35pm
I don't think the fabric has anything to do with the collar hanging off to one side and the rumpled look...someone could have ironed the shirt / or changed the shirt before creating a commercial seen around the world...he just looks scruffy and unwashed.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2013 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Pa I'm sure you are aware that many Europeans are not on our usual daily bath or shower regimen. They look un-kept and often smell. I have received confused looks when I would be willing to pay $3 extra for a room with a shower!   
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Zaleygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Zaleygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2013 at 10:21pm
I hate everything about this guy. His ill fitting unbuttoned shirt that doesn't actually "match" the terrible jeans he's wearing. Not to mention he has an oddly long torso and short legs. He is unshaven and his teeth look grey. His skin is an unusual pallor and his fingernails are dirty. I could go on but I'm actually getting myself angry thinking about how gross he is.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2013 at 10:31pm

Here's his Facebook page.  If you think he's scruffy in this commercial...

sonadornyc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sonadornyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2013 at 12:07am
I actually came across this forum because I was trying to see if I was the only one who found the guy veeeery atractive. I do agree that he looks kind of "unkept," but I still think he's really sexy.....
TV_Casualty View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TV_Casualty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2013 at 4:43am
Someone on one of the youtube pages for this commercial said that the guy looks like a stage 1 cancer patient.

That shouldn't be funny, but somehow, it is funny. LOL
caki1963 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caki1963 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2013 at 7:23pm
OMG I hate that one!! you nailed it, he looks just like a homeless man!!! It is awful. 
caki1963 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote caki1963 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2013 at 7:25pm
i too actually thought he was a little bit sexy Cool
caki1963 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caki1963 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2013 at 7:29pm
totally agree!
indorolando View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote indorolando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2013 at 12:12am
So... I came across this thread, because I also think it's a really weird commercial.... I even registered for this site just to post a reply..... It sounds like he has a REALLY WEIRD accent... Not as if he's actually from another country, but as if he WANTS to sound like he's from another country... it sounds like he's trying to sound like Antonio Banderas or some sh*t when he says "Trivago" ... f**king pisses me off
sonadornyc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sonadornyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 3:12am
He's SEXY!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>
  Share Topic