Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I see butt cheeks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I see butt cheeks
    Posted: 29 May 2013 at 8:43pm
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/penney-hitler-teapot-steams-commuters-article-1.1357436
 OR

U.S
< ="Trouble is brewing for retailer J.C. Penney after it unveiled a teapot that's a dead ringer for Nazi leader Adolf Hitler. Commuters in southern California have been left bewitched by the billboard of the stainless steel kitchen essential that bears a remarkable resemblance to the er German dictator." itemprop="deion">

J.C. Penney billboard with Hitler teapot leaves commuters steamed

Drivers along southern California's Interstate 405 say the photo of the stainless steel kettle bears remarkable resemblance to the former German dictator.

By Lee Moran / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

#static{height:38px;} #static td{vertical-align:top !important;} #static td td{vertical-align:middle !important;} #static .fb-like iframe{width:450px !important;} #static:after{content:".";display:block;height:0;clear:both;visibility:hidden;}
< style=": static; BORDER-BOTTOM-STYLE: none; BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: none; MARGIN: 0px; WIDTH: 32px; BORDER-TOP-STYLE: none; HEIGHT: 20px; VISIBILITY: ; BORDER-LEFT-STYLE: none; TOP: 0px; LEFT: 0px" id=I0_1369856431156 title=+1 =0 marginHeight=0 ="https://plusone.google.com/_/+1/fast?bsv&width=&size=medium&annotation=none&hl=en&origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nydailynews.com&=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nydailynews.com%2Fnews%2Fnational%2Fpenney-hitler-teapot-steams-commuters-article-1.1357436&jsh=m%3B%2F_%2Fscs%2Fapps-static%2F_%2Fjs%2Fk%3Doz.gapi.en_US.haakNsYTSSU.O%2Fm%3D__features__%2Fam%3DEQ%2Frt%3Dj%2Fd%3D1%2Frs%3DAItRSTMk4eohe2LkUVIg3VkEbdsDy8aXAw#_methods=onPlusOne%2C_ready%2C_%2C_%2C_resizeMe%2C_renderstart%2Concircled%2C&id=I0_1369856431156&parent=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nydailynews.com&rpctoken=96112797" Border=0 width="100%" allowTransparency name=I0_1369856431156 marginWidth=0 scrolling=no -gapiattached="true">
Print
< style=": static; BORDER-BOTTOM-STYLE: none; BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: none; MARGIN: 0px; WIDTH: 32px; BORDER-TOP-STYLE: none; HEIGHT: 20px; VISIBILITY: ; BORDER-LEFT-STYLE: none; TOP: 0px; LEFT: 0px" id=I1_1369856431156 title=+1 =0 marginHeight=0 ="https://plusone.google.com/_/+1/fast?bsv&width=&size=medium&annotation=none&hl=en&origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nydailynews.com&=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nydailynews.com%2Fnews%2Fnational%2Fpenney-hitler-teapot-steams-commuters-article-1.1357436&jsh=m%3B%2F_%2Fscs%2Fapps-static%2F_%2Fjs%2Fk%3Doz.gapi.en_US.haakNsYTSSU.O%2Fm%3D__features__%2Fam%3DEQ%2Frt%3Dj%2Fd%3D1%2Frs%3DAItRSTMk4eohe2LkUVIg3VkEbdsDy8aXAw#_methods=onPlusOne%2C_ready%2C_%2C_%2C_resizeMe%2C_renderstart%2Concircled%2C&id=I1_1369856431156&parent=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nydailynews.com&rpctoken=46304540" Border=0 width="100%" allowTransparency name=I1_1369856431156 marginWidth=0 scrolling=no -gapiattached="true">
J.C. Penney is in hot water over this kettle that seems to heil Hitler.

" alt=" This unfortunate tea kettle seems to heil Hitler. " src="http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1357435.1369851720!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_635/kettle30n-1-web.jpg" width=635 height=312 itemprop="associatedMedia">

JCP Media Inc.; Getty Images

J.C. Penney is in hot water over this kettle that seems to heil Hitler.

Trouble is brewing for retailer J.C. Penney after it unveiled a teapot that's a dead ringer for Nazi leader Adolf Hitler.

Commuters in southern California have been left bewitched by the billboard of the stainless steel kitchen essential that bears a remarkable resemblance to the former German dictator.

RELATED: 'HITLER HOUSE' IN WALES CAUSES STIR

Several drivers have posted snaps on Twitter of the 10-by-36-foot ad — which towers over Interstate 405 near Culver City.

One user wrote: "Every time I see that JC Penny billboard with the teapot, I keep seeing Hitler. Seriously, the thing looks exactly like Hitler, 405 S, man."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/penney-hitler-teapot-steams-commuters-article-1.1357436#ixzz2UiEwxgJh
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Sponsored Links

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2013 at 8:50pm
I'd like some of what they were smoking when they made that "connection."
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2013 at 8:55pm

^  You don't see it?  As soon as I saw the lead-in on the news (without them mentioning Hitler), I saw the Hitler resemblance.

I think the whole thing was completely innocent.  Still, didn't anyone in JC Penney's advertising department see it?

Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2013 at 8:58pm
After looking at the side by side I see where it came from ... to me it looks more like a South Park's Eric Cartman model though.

Nonetheless, JC Penney just can't get anything right anymore LOL
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2013 at 9:07pm

^  Cartman hated Jews, too.  Hmmmm...maybe Penney's is a neo-Nazi organization.  LOL

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2013 at 9:22pm
Believe me, if that curvature in the handle wasn't there there would be no connection to Hitler!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2013 at 10:34pm
I think the kettle is kinda cute. Hitler or not.

I'd buy it...who knows, this hullaballoo might make it a collector's item.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2013 at 11:08pm
Oh for Christ's sake, people really need to grow some thicker skin these days. Nowadays everybody's just looking for sh*t to get offend by. I feel sorry for the current generation of kids. They are going to grow up to be the biggest bunch of oversensitive crybabies society has ever produced. 
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2013 at 11:35pm
Funny thing is, The British, the French, the Polish...they LOVE making fun of World War II, Hitler, Nazi's (I've even seen a Polish comedy based in a concentration camp (all the women they'd forced in there had anorexia, so they called it paradise). Not exactly common or the ideal topic, but even so!).

And yet, here, stateside...we even censor Laurel and Hardy because Ollie had a "hitler moustache", we try to censor our "anti-war" cartoons because they depicted just a little too much. (Don't get me started on the stupid treatment Disney gives to its "Racially stereotyping" shorts and scenes)

And yet one of Britain's proudest moments, even to-day, is:

Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2013 at 1:22am
DOH!
Poiuyt Power!!!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2013 at 2:30am
I saw the tea pot thing on the news.

It really did look like Hitler.

Ya gotta kinda wonder if it wasn't on purpose...

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2013 at 2:56am
Originally posted by Codtaro Codtaro wrote:

Funny thing is, The British, the French, the Polish...they LOVE making fun of World War II, Hitler, Nazi's (I've even seen a Polish comedy based in a concentration camp (all the women they'd forced in there had anorexia, so they called it paradise). Not exactly common or the ideal topic, but even so!).

Considering there are almost no Jews in Poland these days, that wouldn't be surprising.  No one there to complain.  Same with most of the other European countries.  Europe has never been real fond of Jews. 

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2013 at 3:01am
Quote I see butt cheeks

Sounds like something you get at a Green Bay Packers game in January.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2013 at 3:08am
Originally posted by Codtaro Codtaro wrote:

And yet, here, stateside...we even censor Laurel and Hardy because Ollie had a "hitler moustache", we try to censor our "anti-war" cartoons because they depicted just a little too much. (Don't get me started on the stupid treatment Disney gives to its "Racially stereotyping" shorts and scenes

Nobody did it like Mel Brooks.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2013 at 3:41am

Spike Jones:

Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2013 at 3:10pm
Even a few years ago (well maybe around 10 years), Whose Line is it Anyway's director jumped aboard the PC train and knocked down a Hitler suggestion from the audience for one of their scenarios.  The cast pushed the envelope anyway for the rest of the show.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2013 at 3:38pm

The obscure band Sparks (still around 22 albums later) had a song around 1972 called Girl from Germany, in which a guy brings home a German girl to meet his parents, and the parents act as if he brought Hitler home.  They performed this song with go-go girls dancing in cages, dressed as der Fuehrer, complete with moustaches.

Oh, no! Bring her home and the folks look ill
My word, they can't forget, they never will
They can hear the stormtroops on our lawn
When I show her in
And the Fuehrer is alive and well
In our panelled den...
Oh, no! Bring her home and the folks look ill
My word, they can't forget that war, what a war!

Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2013 at 4:40pm
I don't think I would have thought "Hitler" unless it was pointed out. It's a freaking tea pot with an unfortunate reflection or something. If that wasn't there no one would make the connection.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2013 at 4:56pm
I dunno. A designer had to do design concept drawings first, then they had to fabrication drawings to manufacture it from.

It's kinda hard to believe that a designer with an eye for shape & form would not have noticed the similarity.

Not only is the little knob thing right where the moustache would be, but the handle looks like the way Hitler's hair swept across his forehead.

And the whole hand in the air pour spout thing... an awful lot of coincidence there.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2013 at 8:14pm

^  And if he didn't notice it, certainly the photographer should've.  And if not, then whoever approved of the picture being used should've caught it.

bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2013 at 9:30pm
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2013 at 9:38pm
I've always called it the Ollie-stache myself.

Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2013 at 4:44am
The joke is that the ad is trying to sell something that nobody really uses anymore....
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2013 at 5:02am
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

The joke is that the ad is trying to sell something that nobody really uses anymore....

I'll bet half of them are bought as decorations...like the pots and pans that people keep on display on their walls or hanging from their ceiling, which look like they've never actually been used.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2013 at 7:04am
I dunno... why wouldn't people who like tea not use a teapot?

Tea is a very popular drink & it has to be brewed in something.

A lot of people prefer the old fashioned metal ones over the new-fangled plastic, automatic type.

I make tea everyday, but I just use a drip style coffee maker.

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic