Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lucky Charms thief

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whitedog127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lucky Charms thief
    Posted: 24 May 2013 at 4:30am
This may have been covered before, and if so, my apologies-- I did look for it before posting. That said--I have seen this ad about fourteen times today, and if I have to watch this cereal stealing cow ONE MORE TIME, I will explode! WTF, Lucky Charms?? If I steal my co-worker's lunch, I will end up in a magical forest with a cartoon leprechaun? Did someone put acid in the coffee at that marketing brainstorming meeting?? And the guilty way she looks around before eating someone else's food makes me want to kick her in the forehead. Add to that the sappy way she simpers "I forgot how good these taste!" makes me go Defcon 5. Think they taste good? Then GO BUY A BOX, YOU CHEAP B*TCH!! Honest to God, for some reason this one really pushes my buttons. I feel better now...

Braaaandy Aaaaalexaaaaaander!
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2013 at 4:47am
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2013 at 4:52am
I've never seen that one.

And yeah, acid in the coffee sounds about as plausible as anything.

Finally, even if there was already a thread on it prior to a month or two ago... screw it.

Post away, I say.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2013 at 10:26am
She should hook up with Toucan Sam and his band of little striped cereal thieves.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2013 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by Darthhillbilly Darthhillbilly wrote:

She should hook up with Toucan Sam and his band of little striped cereal thieves.

Don't forget the Trix rabbit.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2013 at 4:49pm
^

And the Cookie Crook, for anyone old enough to remember him. The difference being that the toucans are somehow portrayed as the heros of their adventures, and are always rewarded with fruity, tasty cereal Os.. when in reality they just show up and lay claim to someone else's stuff. Like this office break room cereal thief.. she's rewarded with a sweet, if brief, hallucination.. instead of caught, unmasked, punished.. whatever.. for her food crime.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2013 at 5:04pm
I think someone left the Lucky Charms laced with PCP in the break room on purpose so they could find out who exactly is the one stealing people's food. Just look for the bitch on a wild trip, talking about leprechauns. 
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2013 at 5:16pm
^^ LOLLOLLOL
Whitedog127 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whitedog127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2013 at 3:16am
Originally posted by Moochamoocha Moochamoocha wrote:

I think someone left the Lucky Charms laced with PCP in the break room on purpose so they could find out who exactly is the one stealing people's food. Just look for the bitch on a wild trip, talking about leprechauns. 

Well, I hope in her effed up state, she wanders into traffic and in front of a speeding city bus. Take that, you marshmallow thieving twat!
Braaaandy Aaaaalexaaaaaander!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2013 at 3:45am
Originally posted by Whitedog127 Whitedog127 wrote:

Well, I hope in her effed up state, she wanders into traffic and in front of a speeding city bus. Take that, you marshmallow thieving twat!

I take issue with your comment...that is, the part about those things being marshmallows.  They are NOT marshmallows.  I don't care what the Lucky Charms people say.  They're something else, and they sent shivers up my spine the first time I bit into them. 

DOWN WITH LUCKY CHARMS!!!  LOL

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2013 at 4:02am

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

And the Cookie Crook, for anyone old enough to remember him. The difference being that the toucans are somehow portrayed as the heros of their adventures, and are always rewarded with fruity, tasty cereal Os.. when in reality they just show up and lay claim to someone else's stuff. Like this office break room cereal thief.. she's rewarded with a sweet, if brief, hallucination.. instead of caught, unmasked, punished.. whatever.. for her food crime.

They all work for The Hamburglar.

He's the gang leader.

The Frito Bandito used to be part of the gang too, but he's dead now.

Killed by the PC Police.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2013 at 4:22am
Pretty dumb lunch thief to steal cereal when there is probably better stuff like pizza, donuts, or Jamie Lee Curtis Bowel Busting Bacterial Laxative Yogurt in the workplace fridge....

Quote She should hook up with Toucan Sam and his band of little striped cereal thieves.

Maybe she is trying to get "lucky" with Lucky....  LOL
Phil View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2013 at 5:47am
I hate the way she talks. "lucky sharms?"
LittleO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2013 at 6:07pm
Yes, I started one of the previous threads. My disdain for this woman is vast and relentless. The goofy voice, the stupid faces, the awkward posture... Ugh. Horrible. And her teeth are spaced farther apart than Shannen Doherty's on the first season of 90210. Almost puts me off Lucky Charms! (Almost.)
d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2013 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

They all work for The Hamburglar.

He's the gang leader.

The Frito Bandito used to be part of the gang too, but he's dead now.

Killed by the PC Police.

Even as a kid I thought Lucky Charms were kinda nasty tasting. This ad makes me think they were as sh*tty tasting a remember.

But I'm happy someone else remembers the Frito Bandito.
No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2013 at 2:39am
The commercial really doesn't bother me as much as the person "starring" in it. Gotta be one of the most punchable faces in commercialdom.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2013 at 4:21am
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2013 at 5:33am
Originally posted by d4everman d4everman wrote:

Even as a kid I thought Lucky Charms were kinda nasty tasting. This ad makes me think they were as sh*tty tasting a remember.

Oh yeah, many of us old timers do.

And now here's your blast from the past...

And didn't every kid you knew in school have one of these on the end of their pencil at one time or another?...

C'mon, man!
d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2013 at 7:08am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by d4everman d4everman wrote:

Oh yeah, many of us old timers do.

And now here's your blast from the past...

And didn't every kid you knew in school have one of these on the end of their pencil at one time or another?...

Lol, Jimbo. I had one of those!

I grew up with my grandparents and my grandfather was bus driver. He drove the school bus when I was too young to go to school, but he would take me with him. After taking the "big kids" to school he'd go to this little mom and pop store near the school because the owner was friend of his. The old guy there would give me fritos (and an orange "soder". For some reason I LOVED orange soda as a kid) Anyway, I just remember eating the fritos and singing the Frito Bandito song while my grandfather and his friend talked and played cards.
No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2013 at 3:20pm

^  Ha!  The kind of erasers that always seemed to just smear the lead marks around, and then put a hole in the paper.  Almost as bad as those ink erasers, which absolutely never worked.

LittleO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2013 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by Snesgamer Snesgamer wrote:

The commercial really doesn't bother me as much as the person "starring" in it. Gotta be one of the most punchable faces in commercialdom.

SO PUNCHABLE. Even if she had a blank stare, it would be bad, but she does the bug eyes and the gaping mouth of wonder and I'm kind of amazed at how much I can dislike a person I know almost nothing about.

Thor, I can concede that Lucky Charms aren't "real" marshmallows, but they are still delicious! I would eat them by themselves if I could!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2013 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by LittleO LittleO wrote:

I would eat them by themselves if I could!

Good news! Thanks to advances in modern sorting technology, your dehydrated marshmallow dreams can be a reality!

Simply take our patented, spoon-shaped eating implement and dip all the nasty, chalky, near-Cheerioy oat crap out and set it the the side, and VIOLA! a quarter of a bowl of pink hearts, blue stars and green clovers!

Each BDH Enterprises Lucky Charm Sorter is crafted of fine stainless steel for years of cereal-sorting joy!
LittleO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2013 at 9:55pm

Originally posted by LittleO LittleO wrote:

I would eat them by themselves if I could!

Good news! Thanks to advances in modern sorting technology, your dehydrated marshmallow dreams can be a reality!

Simply take our patented, spoon-shaped eating implement and dip all the nasty, chalky, near-Cheerioy oat crap out and set it the the side, and VIOLA! a quarter of a bowl of pink hearts, blue stars and green clovers!

Each BDH Enterprises Lucky Charm Sorter is crafted of fine stainless steel for years of cereal-sorting joy!

I must be reading this wrong, because it almost sounds like you expect me to put effort into my cereal experience. LOL

BTW, it's ORANGE stars and BLUE diamonds. (And purple horseshoes!)
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2013 at 10:08pm
Curses! Foiled again!

*closes overcoat lined with spoons, twists moustache and runs*
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2013 at 12:08am

Curses! Foiled again!

*closes overcoat lined with spoons, twists moustache and runs*

Let's go way back In the time machine. My childhood cereals in the 1950's and early 1960's were: cheerios, cornflakes, rice krispies, sugar pops, and frosted flakes. A couple of years later were coco puffs, and coco krispies . these were great as they gave me a bowl of chocolate milk after the cereal was gone. No lucky charms for me.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic