Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I've decided to turn the TV off!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I've decided to turn the TV off!
    Posted: 19 May 2013 at 4:18am
After the ending of a Warehouse13 marathon there was nothing to watch, so after flipping through the channels, I've decided to turn the damn thing off!

It's much quieter here only sounds I hear, is my dad's snoring and the fan.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2013 at 4:45am
Silence is golden.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2013 at 6:04am

I have the TV and streaming audio radio on during the day.  Sometimes, I have the radio or CD player going on the patio at the same time.  Often, I'm not paying attention to any of it.  It's just noise.  It's way too quiet around these parts, otherwise.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2013 at 6:16am
I worship quiet.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2013 at 2:12pm
Jimbo...you must be alone.

Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
LittleO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LittleO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2013 at 6:30pm
If I turn off the TV/radio/fan, I hear my neighbors' horrible barking dogs, construction, blaring radios, and the other noises associated with living in a "transitional" neighborhood. No thanks.

PS: We're moving this week. Yay!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2013 at 9:13pm
Even with alot of channels, I find it easier to turn on some music or find a movie. (commercial free)
But with the nicer weather the outdoors is calling.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2013 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

It's much quieter here only sounds I hear, is my dad's snoring and the fan.

Ever considered tape recording dad's snoring?Wink
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2013 at 4:05am
For a neat sound effect, record the snoring through the fan....  LOL
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2013 at 5:28am
Tape record your own farts.

C'mon, man!
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2013 at 5:35am
Jimbo, do yours sound like this:

Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2013 at 6:26pm
For the last month or two I have been unusually irritated with the selection of shows on TV--my regular stations in particular.  Then I realized, about 6 channels I used to watch now have reality show marathons all day and night.  The same shows, old episodes, over and over.  One I can think of recently is that Nanny show--I think it is almost in 24 hour rotation. 

So I looked it up, and one website lists all of the current and rerun reality shows airing on TV right now!  Take a guess...over 300 different reality shows.  Regular TV is on the way out; soon it will all be on the Internet like NetFlix, etc.
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2013 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Tape record your own farts.

LOL I would suggest FARTING into the fan, on video, with smellivision...
PitLoad413 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PitLoad413 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2013 at 3:45pm
Daytime tv sucks anyway! All it is just reality shows from five years ago, The Steve Wilkos Show, Jerry Springer, and those bullsh*t ads from Everest College.
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2013 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by PitLoad413 PitLoad413 wrote:

Daytime tv sucks anyway! All it is just reality shows from five years ago, The Steve Wilkos Show, Jerry Springer, and those bullsh*t ads from Everest College.

Nighttime TV isn't much better. Dead
Poiuyt Power!!!
Kepley100 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kepley100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2013 at 1:49am
I like to watch Create (a 24-hour Public Television station) these days; a lot of the cooking, art, and travel shows on there are a lot better than what you find on most other stations.
"It's all bullsh*t folks. It's all bullsh*t and it's bad for ya."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2013 at 2:15am
Originally posted by Kepley100 Kepley100 wrote:

I like to watch Create (a 24-hour Public Television station) these days; a lot of the cooking, art, and travel shows on there are a lot better than what you find on most other stations.

I would but my Create channel has been taken over by Veria!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2013 at 2:32am
Originally posted by Kepley100 Kepley100 wrote:

I watch that quite a bit too!! Thumbs Up

Too many cooking shows, though.

I like Cook's Country from America's test Kitchen, though.

There's another local public broadcasting station around here (not the official PBS affiliate) that has much more diverse programming than the "real" PBS station that carries Create.

Lot's of sewing, crafting, gardening, beading, painting & woodworking shows.

They also show Doc Martin & New Tricks, which the "real" PBS station doesn't PLUS.... they have like 6 HOURS of Sat. nite Britcoms.

Good channel!!!

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2013 at 2:36am
Originally posted by PitLoad413 PitLoad413 wrote:

To quote Doug Hefernan: "Daytime TV is brutal!!"

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2013 at 2:42am
Originally posted by Codtaro Codtaro wrote:

Jimbo, do yours sound like this:

Tonally, sometimes.

Melodically, no.

I wish, though.

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2013 at 2:44am
Originally posted by lkl005 lkl005 wrote:

LOL I would suggest FARTING into the fan, on video, with smellivision...

If only..... Cry Embarrassed

I do fart into the fan occasionally. though.

Love it!!!! Thumbs Up

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic