Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nespresso- What Else?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hour_glass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nespresso- What Else?
    Posted: 08 May 2013 at 2:19am
Anyone else really hating that new Nespresso commercial with that lady trying to turn coffee into some kind of sexual fantasy? "Ohh listen to my sensual accccccentttt and gaze into my eyes as I stare at this peeiirrfect cup of coffee".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4CdkHMZ29o

Ughhh, just stop, you're old and have tons of makeup on. I'll pass on that gross coffee!
Sponsored Links

Whitedog127 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whitedog127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2013 at 2:22am
Braaaandy Aaaaalexaaaaaander!
LittleO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2013 at 5:15am
That's not just some lady. It's Penelope Cruz (aka "Penellopeh Cruss") and we're all supposed to think she's hot. I hate this commercial though. Her voice is extremely annoying, and it's just another one on the monstrous pile of "food and sex are interchangeable for women" ads. 
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2013 at 6:36am
Isn't Sofia Vergara usually the go-to gal whenever you need an over-the-top thick Latin accent? Was she not available or something?
LittleO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2013 at 6:43am
I guess her Pepsi contract precluded a Nestle one. Also, cola is kind of low-class... like Sofia. PC is European and therefore high-class, just like an espresso machine!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2013 at 1:52pm

I see that Nestle has some thread of a connection to the Coca-Cola Company.  Vergara's a PepsiCo gal.

Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2013 at 2:22pm
This seems to be a real trend for coffee lately. Givalia has the "Johan" foreign guy, nespresso has Penelope, I'm sure there are others. They're all trying to make their coffee seem foreign and exotic, and by extension expensive.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2013 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by LittleO LittleO wrote:

That's not just some lady. It's Penelope Cruz (aka "Penellopeh Cruss") and we're all supposed to think she's hot. I hate this commercial though. Her voice is extremely annoying, and it's just another one on the monstrous pile of "food and sex are interchangeable for women" ads. 

Oh I think she is extremely beautiful yes Heart 

That doesn't excuse her from this abomination of a commercial, however. 
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2013 at 3:44pm
Her voice grates on my nerves. Why do they insist on getting these people who can barely speak English to do their commercials? The way she says "Nayspresso" makes me want to hurl a brick at my TV. 
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2013 at 3:50pm

This one gets under my skin, too. Sip your damn "cuffee" and shadup already.

The artist formerly known as Madawee

Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2013 at 3:53pm
^^^ Madawee, you're gonna get me in trouble today! LOLLOLLOLLOL
hour_glass View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hour_glass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2013 at 6:14pm
Her eyes look a bit wacko to me... and her voice is so irritating. "I'm so sexy and pretty and OH LOOK coffee! BUY IT!"
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2013 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by hour_glass hour_glass wrote:

Her eyes look a bit wacko to me...

They don't seem to match, do they?

Of all the beautiful women who've been made into stars, why her?  I mean, she's pretty, but still, you'd think they could've found someone more symmetrical.

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2013 at 8:58pm
^Because she's a rather amazing Actress...perhaps moreso when she's acting in Spanish than in English, but even so.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
LittleO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2013 at 9:01pm
Codtaro, what have you seen her in that gave you that impression? I've only seen Vanilla Sky so I probably don't have the best example to go on.
hump View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2013 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by LittleO LittleO wrote:

Codtaro, what have you seen her in that gave you that impression? I've only seen Vanilla Sky so I probably don't have the best example to go on.

I didn't finish that one. I did see her in Blow. She was an asshole in that movie.
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2013 at 11:44pm
Volver

I utterly loved this movie.

Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
LittleO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2013 at 5:43am
I've heard good things about Volver. Maybe I'll add it to the queue.

hump, Vanilla Sky was atrocious. You didn't miss anything!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic