Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sharon Osbourne Atkins Commercial

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puppydogpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sharon Osbourne Atkins Commercial
    Posted: 28 Apr 2013 at 3:24pm
God this commercial bugs me. I don't even know why exactly. Although, I think a large part of it is Sharon Osbourne's horrendous plastic surgery on her face. And the way she says "deliciously".

Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2013 at 3:58pm

Frozen meals, frozen face.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2013 at 4:23pm
I like Sharon Osbourne & I don't think her cosmetic surgery is bad looking.

Anyone who's gotten older knows that even less than perfect cosmetic surgery on somebody looks better than the ravages of age.

Had she not had whatever surgery she's had, she'd probably have bags under her eyes, sagging jowls  & chin along with all the other assorted wrinkles & creases.

I don't blame people who can afford it for having that kind of stuff done if it makes them feel better. And even if the results are not perfect, it still beats the alternative.

But I think she looks pretty good anyway.

Re: the commercial.... I'm neutral. It's a commercial so it sucks by virtue of that alone. But as far as how annoying it is comparatively, it doesn't bug me. Very ignorable.

That's what I like in a commercial. How innocuous & ignorable it is.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2013 at 4:36pm

I remember once reading Sara Gilbert (Darlene from Roseanne) say she got a nosejob "to get that issue out of the way".  She was really young at the time.  I thought that was a really good way to look at it, especially for a kid.

Nowadays, all the celebs get plastic surgery.  The plastic surgery "look" may become the new norm.  I'll bet they get it a little at a time starting in their 20s, so that it's not so obvious.  I'll bet even the males do it.  There's no genetic reason that a celeb would age any better than everyone else.

As far as Osbourne---she's married to the great Ozzy, so she's OK in my book. 

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2013 at 4:36pm
Even 'The Walking Dead' need someone to love, ol'Mule and I'm sure your kind words have 'touched' her heart.
She looks like a bit of a 'daytime zombie' to me.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2013 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Nowadays, all the celebs get plastic surgery.  The plastic surgery "look" may become the new norm.  I'll bet they get it a little at a time starting in their 20s, so that it's not so obvious.  I'll bet even the males do it.  There's no genetic reason that a celeb would age any better than everyone else.

As far as Osbourne---she's married to the great Ozzy, so she's OK in my book.

Well yuhhhh.... Stallone, Shwarzennegger. Probably Mick Jagger. Elton John has what is probably the most obvious case of hair implants in history...

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
WalpurgisQuill View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WalpurgisQuill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2013 at 5:16pm
I'm not old enough to remember, but my mom had informed me before that Sharon was never really fat. Is that true?
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2013 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Elton John has what is probably the most obvious case of hair implants in history...

True, but neither has he ever tried to make it seem like his own hair just magically grew back.

But I dunno...is that "look" a hair implant look, or is it just a stupid-looking style?

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2013 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by WalpurgisQuill WalpurgisQuill wrote:

I'm not old enough to remember, but my mom had informed me before that Sharon was never really fat. Is that true?

She was overweight back when Ozzy first met her.

She's always been kind of "dumpy".

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2013 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Elton John has what is probably the most obvious case of hair implants in history...

True, but neither has he ever tried to make it seem like his own hair just magically grew back.

But I dunno...is that "look" a hair implant look, or is it just a stupid-looking style?

As balding as he was, there was no way he could've come close to making it look that way. But honestly, I think he could've done it more gradually than he did. Maybe stretched it out over the course of a year or two, then stopped when his hair was fuller looking on top than it was, but before it ended up looking like the hair of a 12 year old kid.

Cosmetic surgery is something that can also be done over time, starting when one first starts noticing signs of drooping & sagging. Nothing wrong with it either, afaic. If somebody has the money & they make their living based on their looks, more power to them.

Nobody is going to hire a leading man to star in a major film if he has sagging neck skin.

Even moreso for women.

I think Elton would've still sold records even if his hair was thin.

C'mon, man!
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2013 at 7:21pm
I keep trying to see her as "Ozzy's wife" Sharon Osbourne and not "Liberal douchebag on the Talk" Sharon Osbourne, but I just can't do it for some reason.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2013 at 7:37pm
Kinda the same with me & that fake-blonde, fake-tittied, rightwing bimbo ding-a-ling football player's wife on The View.

C'mon, man!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2013 at 7:43pm
I couldn't tell she had plastic surgery, if she did it and managed to not look like it, then, good for her!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2013 at 7:50pm
Sorry to all who like her but I think she is a b*tch and quite hypocritical. First, she reminds me of Kris Kardashian who uses every little opportunity she can to make money, which leads to the other big reason I don't like her; she is a big name only because she is married to Ozzy. I don't think she would be famous and/or wealthy if she hadn't met him. So right after Susan Boyle won the talent show, Sharon made all kinds of sh*tty, mean remarks about her. So why is it okay for her to become famous by hanging on to her husband but just because Susan Boyle is rural and not real attractive she doesn't deserve her fame? That's what Sharon basically said.
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2013 at 7:53pm
To add: Sharon begrudges Susan her chance at fame/money even though it's nothing to her (Sharon) and whether you like her or not, many people think Boyle has a great voice.
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2013 at 8:11pm

^  I had to look that up.  Yeah, that was pretty nasty.

Whitedog127 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whitedog127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2013 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by Puppydogpants Puppydogpants wrote:

God this commercial bugs me. I don't even know why exactly. Although, I think a large part of it is Sharon Osbourne's horrendous plastic surgery on her face. And the way she says "deliciously".

YES!! The way she says 'deliciously' makes me cringe...I dive for the remote the second this one comes on
Braaaandy Aaaaalexaaaaaander!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2013 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by bwestfall bwestfall wrote:

Sorry to all who like her but I think she is a b*tch and quite hypocritical. First, she reminds me of Kris Kardashian who uses every little opportunity she can to make money, which leads to the other big reason I don't like her; she is a big name only because she is married to Ozzy. I don't think she would be famous and/or wealthy if she hadn't met him. So right after Susan Boyle won the talent show, Sharon made all kinds of sh*tty, mean remarks about her. So why is it okay for her to become famous by hanging on to her husband but just because Susan Boyle is rural and not real attractive she doesn't deserve her fame? That's what Sharon basically said.

After reading that, I've changed my mind. What a b***h!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2013 at 1:00am
Originally posted by Puppydogpants Puppydogpants wrote:

OMG....I saw this today and thought the same thing.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say if you need to sign up for any of the "special diets/food plans" you see on TV you're an idiot. Unless you have a medical problem that makes you overweight you're only paying someone else to do what you could  do for yourself.

Either way this ad is awful!

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
LittleO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2013 at 3:26am

I agree with this very much.

The "deliciously" bugs me too, and I have probably mentioned several times on here that I can't stand words like "tasty" and "veggies." They're so gross and twee, and honestly, if you're advertising food, shouldn't it go without saying that it tastes good? (Or, at least, that you're pretending it does?)
Whitedog127 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whitedog127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2013 at 3:39am
Originally posted by LittleO LittleO wrote:

I agree with this very much.

The "deliciously" bugs me too, and I have probably mentioned several times on here that I can't stand words like "tasty" and "veggies." They're so gross and twee, and honestly, if you're advertising food, shouldn't it go without saying that it tastes good? (Or, at least, that you're pretending it does?)

Agreed! If its food, then a picture should be worth a thousand insipid words! And for the record, the word I hate the most just happens to be 'delicious'...I EFFING HATE IT! And the way she says it makes me want to smash in her chiclet teeth! Aargh!!! And another one is 'scrumptious', which I think has been brought up on another thread. Hate that word.
Braaaandy Aaaaalexaaaaaander!
AlexanderCS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlexanderCS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2013 at 4:03am
http://imgur.com/gallery/LTu2AH3
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2013 at 4:34am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

I couldn't tell she had plastic surgery, if she did it and managed to not look like it, then, good for her!

I've never tried to do a "Where's Waldo?" with her plastic surgery, but I have noticed on numerous occasions that she's had 'bad' or 'overdone' makeup.  Sometimes her face is so shiny that she looks like something that escaped from Madame Tussaud's.  Most makeup for TV talking heads is now done with HDTV in mind, so a mismatch in makeup could show up quite horribly on screen.  C'est la vie....
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2013 at 5:02am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

After reading that, I've changed my mind. What a b***h!

I looked that up. The situation was that she was on the Opie & Anthony Show & I guess she kind of got "caught up in the moment" & said some unkind things. She also later apologized for it, explaining that she took advantage of Boyle for a cheap laugh.

I'm not defending Osbourne & am not a big fan of hers, but I don't think her remarks merit hating her.

And let's face it, what she said about Boyle being 'uckin fugly is just plain true. Stern Smile

C'mon, man!
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2013 at 8:03pm

I don't know which morning talk show she is/was on, but on it she was cracking jokes about some guy getting his d*ck chopped off and thrown in the garbage disposal by a psycho woman.  Does anyone know what I'm referring to?  If so, can you find the video on it to show how hateful and disgusting this woman is? 

Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic