Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kmart - I'm going to ship my pants

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2013 at 2:30am
Anyone else a Google Earth detective like me? I've been trying to locate this gas station for a while, and it's driving me crazy. They purposely blur the street name (although it looks like Carringer Rd on close inspection), and their license plates don't reveal the state instead displaying "Drive Safely".

There's a Carringer Rd only Robbinsville, NC and Dade City, FL from what I can tell - and both are way too rural to be the location of the Kmart gas station, unless I'm missing a Carringer Rd in another city.
Sponsored Links

dizrythmia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dizrythmia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2013 at 6:29am
now it's gonna bug me, too! at the beginning it definitely looks like carringer road. the street sign is brown, so doesn't that mean it's in some historical area? not that it narrows it down too much, but at least that means it's not in some suburban area.
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2013 at 7:23am
If there was some sort of searchable street catalog it would help to see if I was missing any Carringer Rds outside of those 2 locations. There's a 1356 on the side of the gas station, but I believe that belongs to the intersecting road, as nothing comes up when I put 1356 Carringer into Google Earth.

Ultimately, I believe they may have faked the Carringer Rd sign as well somehow. Don't know why they went into so much work to hide their location. Maybe the original gas station didn't want to get heckled by customers screaming "Where's my BIG GAS savings?!"LOL
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2013 at 7:27am
Holy crap! I just inserted "1356" and "gas station" into GE, and it came up with 1356 N Erringer Rd, Simi Valley - mystery solved! Don't know why I didn't think of it before!

It's originally an Arco gas station for anyone wondering.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2013 at 3:45am
LOLI just love this commercial...and it's finally making a 'comeback'.
It is one for the 'simple person', and that would be me.Big smile
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2013 at 3:48am
they don't come much simpler, doos they, Pa?
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
DurangoTango View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DurangoTango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2013 at 7:03am
This is another commercial that sends me diving for the remote control; I absolutely can't stand it.

And I agree with the guy who posted above that people who don't like this commercial probably don't shop at Kmart; I haven't been in a Kmart in probably 25 years.  Maybe because they're filled with people like the people in this commercial.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2016 at 2:31am

This thread is from 2013.

1 August 2016 - PaW watching God's Sport (Baseball, of course) when this commercial shows during the 7th inning stretch...and this one (partner to 'ship my pants') is not new....

The original commercial (offensive to some)

"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2016 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by DurangoTango DurangoTango wrote:

This is another commercial that sends me diving for the remote control; I absolutely can't stand it.

And I agree with the guy who posted above that people who don't like this commercial probably don't shop at Kmart; I haven't been in a Kmart in probably 25 years.  Maybe because they're filled with people like the people in this commercial.

Yes!  And not one of them is a cashier!!   (Which are even more rare than steam-powered Oldsmobiles.)
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2016 at 6:31pm
Actually, I commend kmart for this sort of schlock-&-awwwflock-you advertising.
It gets people's attention in a souless manner - doesn't give a damn what you think or feel because it will burn the kmart logo into your brain and thus, 'own you'.
When you pass by a kmart, you WILL look.
You might even STOP and look. 
You could accidentally walk into the store.
Yea - the adclams backdoor'd you without any kiss or KY, here, doncha know...

Glad, like MrT, I have no kmarts around....

If you disagree with me, you're wrong, you don't know yourself, and I have a bridge to sell you.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2016 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

This thread is from 2013.

1 August 2016 - PaW watching God's Sport (Baseball, of course) when this commercial shows during the 7th inning stretch...and this one (partner to 'ship my pants') is not new....

LOLLOLLOL
Reminds me of the Drive Time "Butt" commercial.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic