Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kmart - I'm going to ship my pants

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kmart - I'm going to ship my pants
    Posted: 18 Apr 2013 at 3:23pm

Oh my god. How did no one start a thread about this abortion of an ad? Kmart ads have never been good just like Kmart stores have never been worth shopping in, but now they just want you to know they completely stopped trying. They stopped giving a sh*t.

The entire ad is just the same joke punching you in the face over and over, much like this guy. A joke about sh*tting your pants. Wow. Bravo Kmart. You managed to realize that "ship" and "sh*t" are a whole letter apart. Congratulations, you now share the IQ of your average 5 year old. Maybe if the guy said it once and the joke was that other people thought he said sh*t when he said ship, but no. The rest of the ad has people joining in on the joke. It's so one note. I grew out of thinking people sh*tting their pants was funny somewhere in my youth. Apparently the ad executives at Kmart never did. Aparently the rest of America didn't either since people think this ad is rip roaringly funny.

TEE HEE IT SOUNDS LIKE HE'S SAYING sh*t! sh*t HIS PANTS! HAR HAR HAR HAR and then everyone starts jacking each other off in a huge back-patting circle jerk for their crowning achievement. Go choke on a bag of dicks Kmart.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2013 at 3:27pm

Sorry, but I'm with your husband on this one.  This cracked me up. 

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2013 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

Oh my god. How did no one start a thread about this abortion of an ad?

One big reason I personally never started a thread on this is because I hadn't seen it .. until now.  Kmart, you have got to be kidding me.  Angry
jerkylips View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerkylips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2013 at 3:38pm
one of the articles I read basically said, "kmart knows their audience - people who don't like the commercial probably aren't shopping at kmart anyway".  fair point.  I thought it was funny.
Thethelia thinkth my thoriathith ith thexthy
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2013 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by jerkylips jerkylips wrote:

one of the articles I read basically said, "kmart knows their audience - people who don't like the commercial probably aren't shopping at kmart anyway".  fair point.  I thought it was funny.

Which is a good enough point. But at the same time isn't it kind of making fun of people who shop at Kmart? From the outside looking in it looks like they're basically calling their target audience low brow idiots.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
ADamant View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ADamant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2013 at 3:45pm
I always knew that Kmart stores were full of ship.
*WARNING* This message was composed on a computer in a household where peanuts and peanut products are served.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2013 at 3:49pm

The Kmart near me is really depressing.

I dunno what it is.  I guess it's a lot of things---the layout, the lighting, the fact that the store is usually nearly empty, the wilted plants in their garden department, the cheap miscellaneous sale items right as you walk in, the spills on the floor from the Icee machine, the fact that there's an Icee machine to begin with, etc.

ADamant View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ADamant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2013 at 4:14pm
^ One of our Kmart stores in town closed the other year, which I'm surprised it hadn't done decades ago. The other is on life support. And I agree about the depressing atmosphere... and for pretty much the same reasons. 

The "drawers" lady around :21 sounds like she actually says "sh*t". It's like she dropped the "pped" from "shipped" and was left with "shi" plus a sound almost like a "t". Sorry for all the " ".
*WARNING* This message was composed on a computer in a household where peanuts and peanut products are served.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2013 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by ADamant ADamant wrote:

^ One of our Kmart stores in town closed the other year, which I'm surprised it hadn't done decades ago. The other is on life support. And I agree with the depressing atmosphere... and for pretty much the same reasons. 

Maybe they're all like that.  Maybe they all look like they belong in the Soviet Union circa 1965.

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2013 at 5:07pm
I don't even know where the nearest Kmart is to me anymore.  They've pretty much become obsolete around here, which is likely why I haven't seen this commercial until Herza posted it.  
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2013 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

Oh my god. How did no one start a thread about this abortion of an ad? Kmart ads have never been good just like Kmart stores have never been worth shopping in, but now they just want you to know they completely stopped trying. They stopped giving a sh*t.

The entire ad is just the same joke punching you in the face over and over, much like this guy. A joke about sh*tting your pants. Wow. Bravo Kmart. You managed to realize that "ship" and "sh*t" are a whole letter apart. Congratulations, you now share the IQ of your average 5 year old. Maybe if the guy said it once and the joke was that other people thought he said sh*t when he said ship, but no. The rest of the ad has people joining in on the joke. It's so one note. I grew out of thinking people sh*tting their pants was funny somewhere in my youth. Apparently the ad executives at Kmart never did. Aparently the rest of America didn't either since people like my grown ass husband think this ad is rip roaringly funny.

TEE HEE IT SOUNDS LIKE HE'S SAYING sh*t! sh*t HIS PANTS! HAR HAR HAR HAR and then everyone starts jacking each other off in a huge back-patting circle jerk for their crowning achievement. Go choke on a bag of dicks Kmart.
I don't believe IQ is all that dependent on age. Most 5 year olds IQs probably exceed those of the AdTards that created this piece of ship. I agree that the maturity level here is 5 y/o or less.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2013 at 9:45pm
I can't believe it. Old Navy and Tena twist should get together and ship a whole boatload of this crap somewhere else!!!!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2013 at 10:22pm
OMG OMG.................I have no words.........*shakes head in a no motion*
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2013 at 11:46pm
They are really scraping the bottom of the barrel for commercials these days. This is worse than Booking.com by a far sight.
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2013 at 11:47pm
Hilarious.
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2013 at 3:52am
The drawers and nightie ladies sound like they actually said it - I wonder if Kmart wanted to see if they could actually put it in sandwiched between the shipped jokes.
Adznem View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adznem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2013 at 4:31am
I cannot stop laughing everytime I see this commercial.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2013 at 4:45am
God help us when they start advertising their womens' dress department....

Ermm

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2013 at 5:15am
"I just sh*t my pants for free" - I wish I was as lucky as this guy. They always try to charge me whenever I do as much as release a fart.
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2013 at 6:29am

Uggghh that joke was funny for about 5 minutes.

Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2013 at 4:11pm
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2013 at 10:17pm
Wish they would ship this sh*t to the dark side of the moon.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2013 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by Moochamoocha Moochamoocha wrote:

Wish they would ship this sh*t to the dark side of the moon.

Agreed
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2013 at 12:42am
Originally posted by Moochamoocha Moochamoocha wrote:

Wish they would sh*t this ship to the dark side of the moon.

fixed that :P
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2013 at 5:12am
Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

Well, apparently a lot of people no lkey this commercial:

No Surprise there, those whiny homophobes hate everything that isn't Christian Conservative propaganda. I may not find this commercial funny but I refuse to associate with their ilk.
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic