Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Microsoft "Surface Pro" commercial

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Microsoft "Surface Pro" commercial
    Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 7:18am

These commercials make me want to break limbs and punch faces.Angry

And they must be nightmares for the people who think the comparatively-tame Kit-Kat commercials are so horrible.
Sponsored Links

raynjuls View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raynjuls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2013 at 4:51pm
The people, the smarmy gay guy dancing, the idiotic choreography, yep this bitch has it all. The f'ing idiots that come up with this crap should be fired then castrated to prevent them from spreading their stupidity to future generations.
When a true genius enters the world, you will know him by this sign; all the dunces will be in confederacy against him....
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2013 at 5:28pm
The worst part is when the guy starts beatboxing!

Awful commercial!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2013 at 10:33pm
No, the worst part is when the commercial starts. WTF ?
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2013 at 12:20am
I saw this for the first time a few minutes ago. It is just awful. I think Microsoft has the resources to do much, much better!
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
maskddingo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maskddingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2013 at 6:55am
I just came here to start this very topic.

This one has risen to the level of kit-kat commercials to me. Only with this one, I can't just mute the tv... I actually have to change the channel.

I will -never- buy a 'surface'.
strifeknot View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strifeknot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2013 at 11:15am
The choreography is beyond absurd. Choreography in general has become artless and cartoonish. Thank goodness Martha Graham isn't alive to see this.
JusticeColde View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JusticeColde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2013 at 12:56am
This commercial makesme feels that this product is for douchebags that think they're so cool because they have a tablet.

Damn commercial execs, I wanna do a dance number across all they're faces.
jms956 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jms956 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2013 at 6:54pm
The take-away is that you are supposed to flip, juggle, and toss around your laptop / computing / viewing device with reckless abandon -- and if you can't, you need to get the Surface Pro.  [But is it really that solid state, I wonder?]  Or is this ad teaching us (and particularly impressionable young minds) that computers are just toys we can beat up on without consequence -- a DANGEROUS impression which is sure to create copycats and many repair bills or destroyed merchandise that might otherwise have remained intact without this ad.  Brilliant, Microsoft -- just Brilliant!
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2013 at 11:54pm
Still, you are selling your computers on the strength of how flexible they are and that you can prop them up, and make up songs with them by clicking them shut?!!  Isn't this like one of the biggest, most prosperous companies in the world?  Get a real advertisement.
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
KrissyBean View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KrissyBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2013 at 11:57pm
I might be the only person who kind of likes this commercial. :)
I like synchronicity....so I think it's kind of cool. 
Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2013 at 12:59am
I can see where people could like it, but to me, that type of "noise" is as annoying as listening to Kitkat commercials.
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2013 at 1:15am
Originally posted by KrissyBean KrissyBean wrote:

But what is it telling you?

Does it say why you should choose Surface over any other tablet? Does it say what Windows 8 can offer for your worklife, casual, travel, etc? Does it tell you ANYTHING about the product other than it has a snap-on keyboard?

No. Just a bunch of ugly people (I will admit the main guy is kinda cute, but nothing special at the same time), most of which probably have various STDs, doing what is easily the most annoying and cacophonous "dance"....and then the beatboxing starts...Clicking noises, beatboxing, and horrible over-the-top music. Too much.
LiberryGirl View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiberryGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2013 at 1:16am
I just hate all that dancing around and the hand jive in this one.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2013 at 1:59am
Originally posted by jms956 jms956 wrote:

The take-away is that you are supposed to flip, juggle, and toss around your laptop / computing / viewing device with reckless abandon -- and if you can't, you need to get the Surface Pro.  [But is it really that solid state, I wonder?]  Or is this ad teaching us (and particularly impressionable young minds) that computers are just toys we can beat up on without consequence -- a DANGEROUS impression which is sure to create copycats and many repair bills or destroyed merchandise that might otherwise have remained intact without this ad.  Brilliant, Microsoft -- just Brilliant!
Think about it. The more they break, the more replacements they can sell. Genius!
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2013 at 2:14am
Originally posted by strifeknot strifeknot wrote:

The choreography is beyond absurd. Choreography in general has become artless and cartoonish. Thank goodness Martha Graham isn't alive to see this.
I'm sorry. Choreography to me is multiple sychronized dancing without crashing into each other. I only see about 2 seconds of this. FAIL!
ruhroh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ruhroh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2013 at 1:03am
So all I can get from this commercial is that I have to be under thirty and work at Dewsh, Inc.in order to want this POS garbage. Did I miss anything?
Scarlett_O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarlett_O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2013 at 9:37am
What really gets me about this commercial, is when the music and performance seems like its about to crescendo, like they are about to really get down and over the top....it stops, it's such an orgasm killer.....
KrissyBean View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KrissyBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2013 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by Codtaro Codtaro wrote:

Originally posted by KrissyBean KrissyBean wrote:

But what is it telling you?

Does it say why you should choose Surface over any other tablet? Does it say what Windows 8 can offer for your worklife, casual, travel, etc? Does it tell you ANYTHING about the product other than it has a snap-on keyboard?

No. Just a bunch of ugly people (I will admit the main guy is kinda cute, but nothing special at the same time), most of which probably have various STDs, doing what is easily the most annoying and cacophonous "dance"....and then the beatboxing starts...Clicking noises, beatboxing, and horrible over-the-top music. Too much.

I don't really care what it's trying to tell me - I just like the commercial and think it's interesting. Smile
It could be trying to sell mousetraps, yogurt or carseats for all I care. lol. 
Call me easily amused. Wink
Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2013 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by Snesgamer Snesgamer wrote:

These commercials make me want to break limbs and punch faces.Angry

And they must be nightmares for the people who think the comparatively-tame Kit-Kat commercials are so horrible.

This is where advertising is heading with these overdone schmaltzy commercials:
I approve this message.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic