Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Progressive - Let's Get Ready to Bundle (Video)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Progressive - Let's Get Ready to Bundle (Video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by EMCEE EMCEE wrote:

Originally posted by DKS DKS wrote:

This one just started airing here, and it's already pissed off my entire family.
My dad was just saying yesterday how, along with the volume of commercials, the use of extremely annoying-azz sounds should be made illegal.  I agree with him.  This commercial brings up like old-school, protect-your-family, CAVE MAN anger everytime I see it.  That's not Progressive.  That's Regressive. 

Causing you ancient, ancestral anger, now that's Regressive!

Sounds that are sustained for as long as they were in this commercial should be illegal as well. I just hope to God they don't overplay this one.
Sponsored Links

EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by Snesgamer Snesgamer wrote:

This one just started airing here, and it's already pissed off my entire family.
My dad was just saying yesterday how, along with the volume of commercials, the use of extremely annoying-azz sounds should be made illegal.  I agree with him.  This commercial brings up like old-school, protect-your-family, CAVE MAN anger everytime I see it.  That's not Progressive.  That's Regressive. 

Sounds that are sustained for as long as they were in this commercial should be illegal as well. I just hope to God they don't overplay this one.
Yes!  I mean, every damn warning sound is sustained like that.  Air raid sirens, ambulances, police cars.  So, the first reaction to that horrible sustained sh*te is, "What the f*ck?" and instantly you are on alert.  Then when you realize it's just some jagoff on a commercial, that alertness turns to anger, because you were just caused to get amped up for NOTHING except some douchey Regressive commercial. AngryAngryAngryAngryAngry
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by Snesgamer Snesgamer wrote:

Let's Get Ready to Rumble is trademarked - I hope they paid far more for this ad than they receive in new customers and they end up losing a lot of money. If this ad attracts even one person, HUMANITY HAS FAILED, and I give the aliens full reign to take over.

Her face looks like plaster, I wonder what it'd look like if someone took a hammer and smashed her in the face with it - would it break apart like a piece of pottery?

SOOOOO much agreed on the bolded part.  Does anyone find this commercial funny or does it make anyone want to buy their product?
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 9:41pm
^^ Does anything in this montage seriously make anyone want to buy their product? (I think when I came across this video I stumbled upon a preview of what Hell is like)

If you can make it through the entire 90 seconds, I salute you LOL
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

^^ Does anything in this montage seriously make anyone want to buy their product? (I think when I came across this video I stumbled upon a preview of what Hell is like)

Too short. Must. be. longer. to. cause. irritation.

3 minutes would be brutal! It needs that 'in store' music too.  
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
DesertX View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DesertX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 10:24pm
Not to mention, Buffer threatens litigation to anyone, and I mean ANYONE, who dares to use his trademarked slogan. He's even worse than the NFL and the use of the "Super Bowl" name.
dizrythmia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dizrythmia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2013 at 2:50am
god, i hate this commercial. it seriously hurts my ears, and it goes on forever. he must say "bundle" for a good 15 seconds.
sjchevalier07 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjchevalier07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2013 at 2:39pm
Is it me,or does it feel like Michael Buffer has too much free time? He's everywhere on every commercial and every boxing match no matter how big or small. Take a vacation,man!
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2013 at 12:33am
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

I made it through 27 seconds of the douchebucket's tirade before I had to $#!7C4N the asinine thing just to get OverFlo's yap to stay shut!!! ConfusedDeadAngryDeadConfused

And that assrat bastard with the big 1940-ish mic hanging from the ceiling shouting, "Lets get ready to bunnnndddddlllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllleee" needs the (formerly 'Angry McPisseron') treatment...you know, the one that involves multiple boxes of extra-strength Correctol, concentrated camel piss, assholes, lips, sewing needles & thread.ConfusedOuchShockedOuchConfused

At very minimum, somebody needs to shove that big sodding gigantic stupid microphone up the asshaberdasher's bunghole!!! LOL

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2013 at 12:57am
Originally posted by DesertX DesertX wrote:

Not to mention, Buffer threatens litigation to anyone, and I mean ANYONE, who dares to use his trademarked slogan. He's even worse than the NFL and the use of the "Super Bowl" name.

Then who gets the rights when he dies?
renatae View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renatae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2013 at 6:35am

BBM.

Love it!  Clap

It finally stopped airing here - I hope everyone else is having relief. Now to get rid of the Allstate Heinous Screamers. I complained to them at their website, too. Not as easy as it is to complain to Regressive, and too nosy for my taste, but, hey, if it gives my ears relief, I'll play along somewhat.
Stop the Insanity!
renatae View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renatae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2013 at 7:05am
Originally posted by ADamant ADamant wrote:

Originally posted by jms956 jms956 wrote:

... I am LIGHTNING FAST to grab the remote and change channels when wrestling announcer is winding up to YELL IN PROLONGED FASHION INTO MY EARS.  Gee, that's SO APPEALING! ... 

Exactly. If I haven't already pressed the mute button at the beginning of the whole commercial break, this one (as well as several other commercials) will make me do it in no time. When I last got a new remove control, I quickly trained my fingers as to the whereabouts of the mute button.

I think I burned about twice as many calories as usual during the run of this piece o' carp. Grabbing the remote in record time does have its pluses. So thankful for DVR and MUTE. Not to mention hate mail addressed to Progressive.  Evil Smile
Stop the Insanity!
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2013 at 5:08pm
They're running this commercial into the ground, here, as soon as the *ding ding* starts, I mute it!

Whoever thought this was a funny commercial is an idiot, I'd rather deal with Flo's shenanigans than hear this guy belt out "leeeeeeets get reeeaaddy tooooo buuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnddddddllllllleeeeee!"
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2013 at 7:54pm
Why does it always seem to be the irritating or flat out stupid commercials that get resurrected and aired into the ground yet again?  It's annoyingly mind boggling Angry
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 12:51am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

...hear this guy belt out "leeeeeeets get reeeaaddy tooooo buuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnddddddllllllleeeeee!"

...and what's with that big stupid dumb microphone that looks like it's from the 1940s?
A local commercial for a mattress store has Sonny Kobe Cooke or whatever the F the douche's name is using the same kind of mic and it just pisses me off!!! AngryDeadDeadAngry

renatae View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renatae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 6:08am
It's back! I can't believe it. the more moronic ads are these days, the more airings they get. Seeing red again.
Stop the Insanity!
Clownloach64 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clownloach64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 2:39pm
I hate this commercial so much, it is difficult to put my feelings into words. It played repeatedly on one station yesterday and I was becoming more and more agitated each time. It is an assault to my senses and intelligence. Sure I can mute it or change the channel, but is that going to stop it? PROGRESSIVE, PLEASE STOP IT!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2013 at 3:06pm
Good God.

I just saw & (unfotunately) heard this sensory assault for the first time ever.

I think my ears bled a little.

That kind of sh*t should be illegal. I'm serious. Some kind of law against loud, obnoxious, intrusive noises in commercials, like shouting, yelling & loud music should be put in place.

This sh*t is getting ridiculous.

Originally posted by jms956 jms956 wrote:

Don't buy Progressive -- Cancel your Progressive policy if you have one -- and show Progressive that there are limits to how far they can abuse existing and potential customers into keeping or buying their service. 

Sorry, but I can't get with ya on that.

I have Progressive insurance & recently called them because I felt that my rates were getting to high. The girl took my number, said she'd do some research & get back to me with a quote.

They lowered my rate so ridiculously low, no other company can touch it.

I pay less per year with Progressive than I'd pay every six months with most other companies.

So it looks like I will remain in bed with the enemy for the forseeable future.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2013 at 3:27pm

^  I would never base my purchasing decisions on whether or not I liked the commercial.  Especially insurance.  But that's easy for me to say, considering my insurance company---Mercury---doesn't advertise. 

But even otherwise, a commercial has no effect on whether or not I buy the product.  Part of this is because I try to avoid brand names.  And another part is that I don't really see the product as having much to do with the commercial.

I often hear people at CIH say they won't buy such-and-such a product because they hate the commercial so much.  Really??

DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2013 at 10:01pm
Man oh man, as bad as this one is, they've recently made it worse here by "bundling" this commercial with another Progressive commercial. Like, levery time they show one of their other commercials(such as the new "Flo singing" one), they IMMEDIATELY follow with this one. This just started up recently but my god it's obnoxious.
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2013 at 10:41pm
It's played 3 times in the last hour.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
KrissyBean View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KrissyBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2013 at 5:55pm
I was over my mum's house yesterday morning for breakfast. This stupid commercial came one and I dove for the remote and hit every button on it so I could get it to shut up - mute, power, pause, volume down - none of them worked. It wasn't until after it was overrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr that I realized she's got two remotes - the one I didn't dive for controls the audio. Sigh.
Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
dennis44663 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dennis44663 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2013 at 1:43am
I HATE this friggin commercial
dennis44663 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dennis44663 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2013 at 1:46am
In jan of this year the FCC new regulation took effect, commercials are not to be louder then the program they are on, yeah right, what a joke the FCC is.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2013 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by dennis44663 dennis44663 wrote:

In jan of this year the FCC new regulation took effect, commercials are not to be louder then the program they are on, yeah right, what a joke the FCC is.

An article from last week says there've been nearly 16,000 complaints since the law went into effect---yet no fines have been issued.  So, instead of enforcing the law, the FCC wants to improve the complaint form (and my guess tells me they'll probably have to form a committee to discuss any new complaint form).  But alas!  "Sequestration" says they just don't have the money to do this!

This is government!  LOL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic