Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1-8-7-7 Kars for Kids

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1-8-7-7 Kars for Kids
    Posted: 19 Jul 2008 at 1:14pm
I give them a minuscule point for not ripping off a decent song for their theme, but....
this has got to be one of the lamest songs ever.

It's got one of those "Boom chuck" rhythms where you imagine someone chewing on a piece of straw with a big floppy hat on a mangy front porch.

Starts with a kid singing;

♫ 1-8-7-7 Kars for Kids
K-a-r-s Kars for Kids
1-8-7-7 Kars for Kids
Do-nate your car ta-day

Then a goofy guy comes in and sings it again;

1-8-7-7 Kars for Kids
K-a-r-s Kars for Kids
1-8-7-7 Kars for Kids
Do-nate your car too-day ♫

Has anyone else heard it?

Hey whaddya know I found it on YouTube.

Sponsored Links

8 Track Single View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8 Track Single Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2008 at 3:45pm
Post removed at user's request.
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2008 at 4:06pm
What's with the time-share plug?

Aren't those free vacation vouchers always a trap to view a high-pressure sales presentation for time-share ownership?  Maybe not, but that's the first thing I thought of when I heard the ad.

I'm not sure if it's for real, or not, but it's an interesting read.
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2008 at 4:07pm
I'm pretty sure, that was a user created video, not an actual commercial.

I just used it so people could hear the pain our ears endure when we hear it.
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2008 at 4:12pm

Search them on Google, they do offer that free vacation thing, in exchange for a car.  Weird.

Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2008 at 8:21pm
As if I didn't already know this, but man the jingle writing hey days are over.  Kars for Kids? I'm still pretty lost, they just wanted something that sounded nice even if it makes no sense.
musicman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Formerly 0000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2008 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

As if I didn't already know this, but man the jingle writing hey days are over.  Kars for Kids? I'm still pretty lost, they just wanted something that sounded nice even if it makes no sense.

My understanding is that when you donate your car, the proceeds go to giving kids something. I'm not sure exactly what.  Maybe money for camp or something.

Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2008 at 10:57pm
Do you donate your Kar or your Car? Confused

Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2008 at 8:22pm
OMG, I hate hate hate hate HATE this commercial!! They play the radio ads of it here on a certain station a lot and it creates a violent reaction in me every time I hear it. I can't stand the song, especially when the guy starts singing in his monotone voice. His voice creeps me out for some reason.
QueenofAnvilania View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QueenofAnvilania Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2008 at 9:36pm
(First of all, I'm new, and I'd like to say "hi".)

Second,

Ugh, I want to do terrible things to people when I hear this!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2008 at 9:45pm
I remember hearing it a couple of months ago, I hate it as well, I ain't donating a classic. TongueThumbs%20Down
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
TBone11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBone11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2008 at 8:31pm
I think this might be comforting, my hatred is equal if not greater than that of this post:

http://thesportshernia.typepad.com/blog/2008/07/hernia-plea-to.html
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2008 at 5:52pm
I've never seen TV ads for this crapper of a commercial but I hear the radio ones all the time. Doesn't that guy's voice sound creepy? Like pedophile creepy?

EDIT: OMG! The ad just came on the radio! I'm tearing my hair out!
dipskat View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Suspended

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dipskat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2008 at 11:58pm
I'm sorry, kids, but I don't own a kar. I own a car...
TBone11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBone11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2008 at 1:33am
Exactly, he does sound pedophile creepy. That commercial must die.

Anyone here the rock version they for Kars-4-Kids now?

Epic Fail!
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2008 at 9:26pm
Here's my version of the commercial that I made up at work today:

1-8-7-7 Shut The F*ck Up!
S-T-F-U Shut The F*ck Up!
1-8-7-7 Shut The F*ck Up!
Shut-the f*ck up to-day!

It makes the ad much more bearable (at least it does for me).

TWCFan View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TWCFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2008 at 12:53am
musicman pointed out the boom-chuck rhythm. It actually loops for the entire ad! A 3-second sample is constantly booming and chucking throughout the commercial!
Closing logos! Now that's something I can watch on TV.
IceFroggyFrog View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IceFroggyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2008 at 10:53pm
Oh, wow, that was bady. LOL The gorilla was funny, and that website link was great. I imagine it's even more annoying to hear this song come on (repeatedly) without that video accompanying it.
Pepe_Silvia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pepe_Silvia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 4:48pm
I HATE THIS COMMERCIAL I HATE THIS COMMERCIAL I HATE THIS COMMERCIAL.

Have you ever gone to church (forced or otherwise) and want to shoot yourself in the face when a bunch of elementary school kids start singing? That's how I feel about this commercial.

I have never felt like donating a "kar" less than when I started hearing this commercial. It's not so much that I want to kill the people that created and signed off on this song/ad campaign. It's just that I want for them to not be alive anymore.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pepe_Silvia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 4:54pm
Oh my god...has this commercial really been around since 2008??? FUDGE MUFFINS I HATE THEM I HATE THEM
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 8:50pm
This has to be the worst, or at least one of the top three, radio commercials of all time in the whole wide world!  I totally hate when the damn thing gets renewed for another 13-week campaign or whatever it is when they buy radio time to air a commercial.

I see I'm not the only person who thinks the adult guy sounds like a pedo.  Especially after the annoying kid's voice is over.

I hate the singing, the guitar strumming, the tune, the "do-nate your car today" pronunciation to get it in there, I hate on this ad so bad.

Why the flocking hell should I do-nate my car to-day?  I need my car.  Kids don't need cars.  What am I supposed to drive after I give away my perfectly good car?  I'd like to drive my car over that sickening creepyphile man.  I hope the kid saves up his commercial voiceover acting/singing money for a college education and doesn't rely on people giving away their cars.

Rant over.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by DarkRealmStar DarkRealmStar wrote:

This has to be the worst, or at least one of the top three, radio commercials of all time in the whole wide world!  I totally hate when the damn thing gets renewed for another 13-week campaign or whatever it is when they buy radio time to air a commercial.

I see I'm not the only person who thinks the adult guy sounds like a pedo.  Especially after the annoying kid's voice is over.

I hate the singing, the guitar strumming, the tune, the "do-nate your car today" pronunciation to get it in there, I hate on this ad so bad.

Why the flocking hell should I do-nate my car to-day?  I need my car.  Kids don't need cars.  What am I supposed to drive after I give away my perfectly good car?  I'd like to drive my car over that sickening creepyphile man.  I hope the kid saves up his commercial voiceover acting/singing money for a college education and doesn't rely on people giving away their cars.

Rant over.

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 9:52pm
I hate this one. Not only do I hate the song, but the intentional misspelling of cars makes me want to kick their teeth in. It's not cute. I mean, really? Have we sunk that low as a society that we can't spell the word cars correctly?
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2014 at 12:37am
Originally posted by i8acannibal i8acannibal wrote:

I hate this one. Not only do I hate the song, but the intentional misspelling of cars makes me want to kick their teeth in. It's not cute. I mean, really? Have we sunk that low as a society that we can't spell the word cars correctly?
They think it's clever to match the "k" sounding "c" in cars with the word "kids" so it will be as katchy a phrase as the song.  On second thought, it's not only annoying strum, strum guitar strumming, it's plunking too.  Plunk plunk.  I'd call it a tune, but it doesn't have any!  Dead

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pepe_Silvia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2014 at 7:49pm
I agree. But did you see the previous posts? This commercial has apparently been around since 2008.

They did at least read some of these posts and updated the commercial...same song...same tune basically but done with a slightly different feel and with an electric guitar. Still terrible. Still misspelled. They still should die...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic