Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1-8-7-7 Kars for Kids

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1-8-7-7 Kars for Kids
    Posted: 14 Feb 2015 at 1:17am

Kars 4 Kids Guy="Short Eyes."

I approve this message.
Sponsored Links

zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2015 at 1:16am
Originally posted by 20carrocks 20carrocks wrote:

Originally posted by musicman musicman wrote:

I give them a minuscule point for not ripping off a decent song for their theme, but....
this has got to be one of the lamest songs ever.

It's got one of those "Boom chuck" rhythms where you imagine someone chewing on a piece of straw with a big floppy hat on a mangy front porch.

Starts with a kid singing;

Then a goofy guy comes in and sings it again;

1-8-7-7 Kars for Kids
K-a-r-s Kars for Kids
1-8-7-7 Kars for Kids
Do-nate your car too-day ♫

Has anyone else heard it? 

1-877 kars for kids,
creepy old pervy guy, kars for kids.....

That's what I think in my head when I hear the guy chime in on the second verse.
They call those creepy guys "short eyes."
I approve this message.
20carrocks View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 20carrocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2015 at 11:52pm
Originally posted by musicman musicman wrote:

I give them a minuscule point for not ripping off a decent song for their theme, but....
this has got to be one of the lamest songs ever.

It's got one of those "Boom chuck" rhythms where you imagine someone chewing on a piece of straw with a big floppy hat on a mangy front porch.

Starts with a kid singing;

Then a goofy guy comes in and sings it again;

1-8-7-7 Kars for Kids
K-a-r-s Kars for Kids
1-8-7-7 Kars for Kids
Do-nate your car too-day ♫

Has anyone else heard it? 

1-877 kars for kids,
creepy old pervy guy, kars for kids.....

That's what I think in my head when I hear the guy chime in on the second verse.
mechasus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mechasus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2015 at 10:32pm
Donate your car, a valuable commodity worth so much of your hard-earned money, so you can fund their crappy ad campaign and non-specific "charitable" organization?

No thanks!
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2015 at 2:54am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Its on TV now?

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do they like intentionally pissing people off???

Fu#$ it in my head! Argh!!!!
We've had to listen to this abortion on DC and Baltimore radio for years. I've mentioned earlier in this thread that the guy sounds like a "short eyes." Probably singing having wet dreams of having himself some kids and screw the "kars." This is the last charity I'd donate a car or anything else. There are lots of worthwhile charities and causes in my hometown where Kars 4 Kids would rate lower than all the whale dung at the bottom of the ocean!
I approve this message.
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2015 at 7:17am
This is smart marketing, though. We can all remember it and where we heard it. I think that makes it worse. It's an earworm. 

Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
sdsyl659 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sdsyl659 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2015 at 1:09am
I have had to listen to this for years on 106.7 in DC. What a brutally made, repulsive , piece of crap. I hope whoever was involved in this from the actors to the maggots that front thus scam ripoff organization , be beset with burrowing lice in their head and asses, Die.
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2015 at 1:05am
Gosh I wish this commercial would go away!! I hear it all the time on KIRO 710 and KOMO 1000 in Seattle, and on KGO 810 in San Francisco. This is one of the worst radio commercials ever created. The old fart who belched out "1-877-KARS-4-KIDS..." probably didn't get much for his efforts. 
I even hate the rock music version. AngryCensoredAngryAngryAngry

-crainbebo
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Adznem View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adznem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2015 at 4:43pm
If ONLY Elvis were alive to see this commercial & The strange TV habits he had, ROFL!!!!!!.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2015 at 3:26pm
Its on TV now?

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do they like intentionally pissing people off???

Fu#$ it in my head! Argh!!!!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2015 at 3:17pm
This piece of pure awesomeness is back. Just saw this turd on the History channel. I used to just hear it all the time on the radio. One of the reasons why I stopped listening and just listen to mp3s. Now I get to see it, too. Wonderful. Time to sharpen a spoon to scoop the old eyes out. Here's a refresh.

And from the comment section: "I donated my car weeks ago and still have not received my kid yet. Thumbs down..." LOL

Here's the link if you want to read or leave comments. 
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2014 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by thedude thedude wrote:

Originally posted by Stu Pidd Stu Pidd wrote:

For some reason I can't seem to insert a pic...

http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag231/jarbarf/kars4kids_zps9c9f8b00.jpg

Just drag and drop the image in. That's what I always do. This forum is quite buggy.

That picture..............pisses me off!
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2014 at 6:59pm
^ I saw that story in the paper this morning. I never watched "7th Heaven" so I didn't know who the perv was.

On the bright side, those divorce attorneys must be having a field day!
The artist formerly known as Madawee

DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2014 at 6:45pm
This just in:  http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2014/10/07/7th-heaven-star-stephen-collins-reportedly-admits-to-child-molestation/

Maybe Collins can get a job singing for 1 8 7 7 K A R S F O R K I D S

BTW, I never did like this actor.  He always seemed creepy to me.  I started watching the 7th Heaven show when it was new, but couldn't stand him in it.  Never watched it again.  Now I know why I thought he was a creepazoid!
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2014 at 7:37am
I feel your pain! I thought this abortion of a commercial was just in the Baltimore, Washington area. We've been subjected to this "charity radio" spot for years. (Charity radio=government required mandated public service announcements) That guy sounds like a pathetic short eyes who got caught with his hands on the young boys. He probably has wet dreams over the blonde fruity strudel boy from the pop tart or whatever that junk pastry is. 
I approve this message.
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by Ad Endless Nauseum Ad Endless Nauseum wrote:

Remember what John Belushi did with the folk singer's guitar in Animal House? I visualize doing that every time that awful ad airs, at the same instant my arm is lunging for the radio buttons!

"I gave my love a cherry! That had no stone... I gave my love a chicken that had no bone.. I gave"

BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM

By the way, that folksy guy was Stephen Bishop (in case that ever comes up in Trivial Pursuit or Jeopardy!)
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Ad Endless Nauseum View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ad Endless Nauseum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2014 at 7:12am
Remember what John Belushi did with the folk singer's guitar in Animal House? I visualize doing that every time that awful ad airs, at the same instant my arm is lunging for the radio buttons!
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Defense de fumer et de cracher

A message brought to you by this station and the Ad Council.
thedude View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thedude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2014 at 7:07am
Originally posted by Stu Pidd Stu Pidd wrote:

Just drag and drop the image in. That's what I always do. This forum is quite buggy.
Stu Pidd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stu Pidd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2014 at 6:47am

I think that the reason they have a different singer in other markets is because the "pedo guy" makes it clear that this was one of those slapped together commercials made by WRKO/WEEI/WAAF in Boston and other Entercom stations around the country....but not the above mentioned Southern California station.

I also don't ever hear the original jingle on rival Boston area radio stations. The "pedo guy" does alot of spots for small businesses and charities on WRKO and WEEI. I'm sure he put 'singing' on his resume to make it look good, and when they came to him with the K4K spot he was regretting it! That guy knows he's a terrible singer.
Stu Pidd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stu Pidd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2014 at 6:17am
From the website:

Donate your car tu-day!

F**king . . . seriously?
sjchevalier07 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjchevalier07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2014 at 2:48am
I hear this on KNBR a lot and it's so annoying. Someone needs to make this stop!
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2014 at 6:58am
That guy sounds creepy like a short eyes perv child molester. I thought this horrible commercial just came on in the Baltimore Washington area. We've had to hear this for years.
I approve this message.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2014 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by Adznem Adznem wrote:

They should play the ad backwards, Or on 16-Maybe 78 RPM.

1877karsforkidsk-a-r-skarsforkids1877karsforkidsdonateyourcartoday!

Okay its much more funnier in practice!
sjh4889 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjh4889 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2014 at 1:16am
I hear this damned jingle about forty times a day at work, and it makes me want to take a baseball bat to the radio. I don't drive, but if I did and wanted to get rid of a Kar, I'd sooner drive it into the sea than give it to the Kids, simply because of this commercial. Dear God, make it stop!
Adznem View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adznem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2014 at 10:29pm
They should play the ad backwards, Or on 16-Maybe 78 RPM.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic