Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cinnamon Toast Crunch, "Hey Ladies!"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Puppydogpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cinnamon Toast Crunch, "Hey Ladies!"
    Posted: 16 Mar 2013 at 8:41pm
I'm sorry if this has been discussed here before, but I couldn't find it.

That Cinnamon Toast Crunch commercial that starts off "Hey Ladies!, You will find Cinnamon Toast Crunch irresistible!"

Why does it say "ladies"? 

Sponsored Links

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2013 at 9:32pm
Because only women find cannibalism adorable?
LittleO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2013 at 10:06pm
According to other commercials I've seen, it's because women exclusively like to eat cereal at odd times of day as an indulgent -- nay, orgasmic -- treat to themselves. Some even get their dogs involved.
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2013 at 8:23pm
(Deleted)
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2013 at 9:50pm
How about "Hey KIDS!" - you know, the market this damn cereal used to be marketed to?

I'm really missing Wendell - these cannibalistic cereal pieces have been around for what seems like forever, and whatever cuteness they once had is long gone.
Puppydogpants View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puppydogpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2013 at 10:06pm
I understand Cinnamon Toast Crunch being marketed to kids. (Even though that is probably not allowed anymore).

But why is it being marketed to "ladies" or women? I get Special K or low-fat,  low-sugar cereals being marketed to women. But Cinnamon Toast Crunch? Which is covered in sugar?
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2013 at 10:23pm
I guess we men aren't allowed to eat this cereal, we might start growing lady parts or something weird like that.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2013 at 11:35pm
Cry*I* actually *LIKED* this cereal before they made it a 'Hey Ladies!'-breakfast.
Now I feel like I gotta wear a dress if'n I'm gonna eat a bowl, and, well, that ain't happenin', doncha know.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2013 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Cry*I* actually *LIKED* this cereal before they made it a 'Hey Ladies!'-breakfast.
Now I feel like I gotta wear a dress if'n I'm gonna eat a bowl, and, well, that ain't happenin', doncha know.
Don't wanna shave your legs?

Personally, I think you'd suit a pinafore...
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2013 at 12:05am
Originally posted by Codtaro Codtaro wrote:

Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Don't wanna shave your legs?

Personally, I think you'd suit a pinafore...
LOLHomey got *2* aprons I gotta wear when MissyDWolf has me 'on a string' - for HER. 
All the same, wearing either one doesn't entitle me to lay claim to any 'womens' rights' or cereals.
And shaving is against my religion.
Ain't happenin', cancha tell... 
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2013 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by Puppydogpants Puppydogpants wrote:

I understand Cinnamon Toast Crunch being marketed to kids. (Even though that is probably not allowed anymore).

But why is it being marketed to "ladies" or women? I get Special K or low-fat,  low-sugar cereals being marketed to women. But Cinnamon Toast Crunch? Which is covered in sugar?

Same reason brownies, ice cream, and other sweets are targeted towards women. They think all women are comforted by them after a break up or on the rag or need them as an orgasm replacement, etc. HEY LADIES, Man left you? Bleeding out your sniz and feeling crappy? Used up all your AA batteries? Well reach for a big ol' bowl of diabetes explosion, ahem I mean COMFORT in the form of CTC. YOU GO GIRL.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
KrissyBean View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KrissyBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2013 at 3:27pm
^ LOL
Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2013 at 10:29pm
I'm getting sick of those cannaballistic sugar filled animated squares! I'm hoping someone gets sick of them and smashes them with the bottom of the cereal box.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
meecepeece View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meecepeece Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2013 at 12:45am
I am an adult woman and I never stopped eating high sugary cereals, in fact I love things like special K as long as I first pour about a quarter cup of sugar over it and half and half, and Im healthy in general too. So the target audience is not my issue, this stuff is really sweet and good. However, the pieces of cereal eating one another is too disturbing to me for some reason, I guess I am sensitive to the concept or something. That has to go. They need to re do the commercials and quit with cereal eating itself, yuck.
If you could see the you that I see when I see you seeing me, you'd see yourself so differently, believe me-
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic