Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sofia Vergara Pepsi Ad

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sofia Vergara Pepsi Ad
    Posted: 06 Mar 2013 at 2:53am
I am not good at posting vids, so someone else will need to assist me here. I hate this ad, where this annoying Sofia Vergara ( why is she so popular other than how pretty she is?), stands up at a wedding reception to remark about a Pepsi can, then is announced as a toaster. Her toast to the new couple is actually about the f**king Pepsi can. Ridiculous, annoying, absurd ......and played way too often!
One man gathers what another man spills
Sponsored Links

Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2013 at 3:44am
No prob, Jimmy!

And seriously, crashing someone's reception for a can of DIET Pepsi? Why couldn't she go to the store and purchase one herself?
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2013 at 5:00am
She's the new Charo for this generation....  Wink

Originally posted by Snesgamer Snesgamer wrote:

And seriously, crashing someone's reception for a can of DIET Pepsi? Why couldn't she go to the store and purchase one herself?

If it helps, just imagine her being cornered and trapped for several hours by the Laxative Lady wedding crasher....  LOL
Praetorian View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Praetorian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2013 at 5:27am
That is one...dumb...commercial.
LittleO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2013 at 2:09pm
I can't believe she is okay with playing such a stupid, selfish character in all these ads. Anything for a buck, I guess. 
jerkylips View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerkylips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2013 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote:

I am not good at posting vids, so someone else will need to assist me here. I hate this ad, where this annoying Sofia Vergara ( why is she so popular other than how pretty she is?), stands up at a wedding reception to remark about a Pepsi can, then is announced as a toaster. Her toast to the new couple is actually about the f**king Pepsi can. Ridiculous, annoying, absurd ......and played way too often!

I can think of two reasons.......
Thethelia thinkth my thoriathith ith thexthy
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2013 at 2:43pm
I like her.  She gets a pass.

fishingmachine View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishingmachine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2013 at 4:43pm
does pepsi really still need to advertise? its not even a new product.
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2013 at 5:18pm
I cannot stand her accent.  She's almost as bad as the Taco Bell Cantina lady.  I've known many people of Spanish or Mexican decent, and none of them talk like this. 
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

dizrythmia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dizrythmia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2013 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by EMCEE EMCEE wrote:

I cannot stand her accent.  She's almost as bad as the Taco Bell Cantina lady.  I've known many people of Spanish or Mexican decent, and none of them talk like this. 
i'd bet you neither of them really talk like this. it's ridiculous how popular culture still expects hispanics in general to have one of a small handful of accents.
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2013 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by dizrythmia dizrythmia wrote:

i'd bet you neither of them really talk like this. it's ridiculous how popular culture still expects hispanics in general to have one of a small handful of accents.
I do believe you are on to something.  Who the hell enjoys the ridiculous accent, anyway?
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2013 at 7:48pm
I like boobs and I like beer.
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2013 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

If it helps, just imagine her being cornered and trapped for several hours by the Laxative Lady wedding crasher....  LOL

I'm imagining The Colon Health Lady filling the Diet Pepsi can with liquid Phillips Colon Health, and Sofia sneaking away from the reception she tried to ruin with explosive diarrhea.  Yes, you're right - that IS quite therapeutic!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2013 at 8:00pm
I'm getting sick of her, buy your own Diet Pepsi lady!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2013 at 8:01pm

Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

I'm imagining The Colon Health Lady filling the Diet Pepsi can with liquid Phillips Colon Health, and Sofia sneaking away from the reception she tried to ruin with explosive diarrhea.  Yes, you're right - that IS quite therapeutic!
Having explosive diarrhea with that stupidly thick forced accent: I do believe that you have touched upon the very meaning of "cathartic." LOL 

"Ayee, mi estomach.  Eeet hurts.  No-uh more poooping, mang.  APleez.  No-uh more.  De pain, boss. De pain."

- Mark Twain

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2013 at 8:04pm
^^ It could make for a fitting opening for her Xfinity commercials:  "I like theengs faacchhhsst, as long as eetsh not my bowel movement."

EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2013 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

^^ It could make for a fitting opening for her Xfinity commercials:  "I like theengs faacchhhsst, as long as eetsh not my bowel movement."

She needs to eat a g*ddamn Meat Lover's Pizza.  That'd take her out of the commercial equation for quite some time. Nuke

- Mark Twain

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2013 at 8:10pm
If I can recall another one of her ads,     KEEGAN, KEEGAN...  BRING MANY PAPER TOILETS
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2013 at 8:10pm

Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

She needs to eat a g*ddamn Meat Lover's Pizza.  That'd take her out of the commercial equation for quite some time. Nuke

A Meat Lover with double rabbit turds LOL
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2013 at 9:41pm
I was really hoping that we'd never have to deal with this bimbo after the commercial she did with Ellen Degeneres. Remember "easssy breessy covergirl"?  With that accent she probably sounds like she's vomiting when she says her own name.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2013 at 9:59pm
Yep she also does a recent Covergirl ad with a clock, Her accent is annoying.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2013 at 10:05pm
She looks better without all that lipstick. 
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2013 at 10:30pm
She's cute in the old Pepsi ad, what gives?
tvpirate05 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tvpirate05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2013 at 4:00am
Sofia's my celebrity crush and even I'm getting sick of her being all over the place. It's been toned down a lot since last year, but she's definitely getting around.

I used to work with a Hispanic lady (Mexican) who did have a pretty heavy accent, and she'd been compared to Sofia by others (myself included). But hers seemed natural...Sofia's is forced to play up the image.

Still love her though. Wink I'm a sucker for foreign accents.
The poster formerly known as producer757
Theoted View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Theoted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2013 at 9:44am
Bimbo.
The past does not influence me; I influence the past!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic