Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Interesting Article on Lousy Oscars Host!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70s80s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Interesting Article on Lousy Oscars Host!
    Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 9:48pm
I hate it when people think I have no sense of humor if I don't laugh at "hilarious" skits packed full of promiscuity and tasteless jokes that sound like they were written by drunken fratboys!

"Cottage cheese is not a 'feminine product'!"
Sponsored Links

Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 10:00pm
I don't like Seth MacFarlane. I think he's pompous, self-important and unfunny. I hate Family Guy so I avoid anything that this guy does. I saw a tiny snippet of The Oscars on Sunday and didn't even crack a smile at his schtick. I don't see what the appeal is with this guy but then again, my IQ's higher than headcheese so I guess I wouldn't.
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by 70s80s 70s80s wrote:

I hate it when people think I have no sense of humor if I don't laugh at "hilarious" skits packed full of promiscuity and tasteless jokes that sound like they were written by drunken fratboys!

Yeah jokes like that don't offend me at all, they're just usually unfunny and an easy out for writers who don't have the creative thinking to come up with any other type of humor.  Just throw in some recycled punch line with a few P's and V's and it's modern day comedy gold.  That pretty much nails Judd Apatow's formula spot on.

onegroovydude View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onegroovydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 6:56pm
He's great. The people who don't get his jokes are as dumb as the people he makes fun of. Which is almost everyone.
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by onegroovydude onegroovydude wrote:

He's great. The people who don't get his jokes are as dumb as the people he makes fun of. Which is almost everyone.
So people who don't think he's funny are "dumb?"  I get his jokes, and every once in a while he says something that makes me chuckle, but for the most part I find his schtick annoying as hell, think he runs jokes into the ground, and dislike how he thinks he's making meta-social commentaries when he's trapped in a little box of stupid.   

If you are looking for someone who is "offensive" and "funny" and also intelligent, look up Louis C.K. or Bill Burr.  As far as I'm concerned, McFarlane isn't worthy to lick their bootheels. 
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onegroovydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 7:29pm
You get his jokes? Then you're not dumb, are you? I wasn't talking to you. I don't like him because he's offensive or funny. I like him because he doesen't pull any punches. He's not fake. He's not a sellout. He tells it like it is, and he'll throw himself in front of a bus as fast as you or I. When he says he brought all the gay singers, beause they didn't think tonight couldn't get any more gay.. Dead on. He was right. He had to bring them. It couldn't get any more gay. People don't like Seth because he tells you what you're afraid to hear. He doesn't sugar coat it. He thinks for himself, and doesn't let others navigate the wheel. When you have on a gay shirt, he'll tell you. When you ask him: 'Does this dress make me look fat?', he'll say 'No, your face does.' And I'll laugh because that was funny. He let's everyone know just how ignorant they really are, and in today's world, that counts for something to me. Not just the left wing or the right wing, or just women. Everyone. He's an equal opportunity disser, and I applaud that. Someone needs to tell everyone just how gay they really are. I'm glad he's around to do it.     
They're taking our nags Ace. Ya. And making damm good targets of themselves. Let em have it.

Everybody loves you when you hate what they hate, but nobody loves you when you hate what they love.
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 7:50pm
I love Seth MacFarlene, but why has it become mandatory for the Oscars to be funny?

As I recall it, all of the moments that were actually hilarious in Oscar history were not rehearsed by some comedian, it was the real moments. Sally Fields breaking down with "You like me! You really really likr me!"

Granted, I haven't watched the Oscars in ages, mainly because the only time I see "recent" movies is when they're on the telly.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onegroovydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 8:19pm
Originally posted by Codtaro Codtaro wrote:

I love Seth MacFarlene, but why has it become mandatory for the Oscars to be funny?

Uh. They weren't until he hosted it.
They're taking our nags Ace. Ya. And making damm good targets of themselves. Let em have it.

Everybody loves you when you hate what they hate, but nobody loves you when you hate what they love.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onegroovydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 8:29pm
I saw your boobs was so offensive to millions, but it wasn't offensive for the women to show their boobs in the movie? Or for the millions of people that watched it at the theatre 4 times (half with their kids), then bought the dvd, and then invited all their friends over to watch it at the house? Or for the person who lost his wife because he couldn't stop pausing it at 22 min in to masturbate while he was licking the screen? They didn't like it because he told them how stupid they were for exposing themselves on film to try and make it, instead of using raw pure talent. Again, it just shows how witty he is, and how stupid they are. They turned their heads in shame as he pointed out how ignorant they were on live tv, and how they should have been that ashamed by a producer just asking them to accept a part that required them losing their top. You want reality tv... There it is...  

Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 10:25pm
I'm a South Park fan, so it's kind of funny seeing so many people be offended at a joke that would be considered commonplace, even very tame, on that show.

Anyway, I hate McFarlane for his predictable partisan "humor" and his overuse of lazy writing tactics (manatee/"remember the time" jokes, dragging a repetitive joke on for minutes, etc.).
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote onegroovydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 10:45pm

It just goes to show you how many people out there just don't have the depth and/or the openness to get or accept those kind of jokes. The fact that he actually brought the Gay Choir. Wow..! In a day and age where America is so openly tasteless in their music, TV, and for sure commercials, I think that it was awesome that MacFarlane used that advantage to tear 'em up, and basically tell them all to their faces what real fukkin lame a$$ sellout's they are. He doesn't want any part of them. He wanted that gig to humiliate them, and that's exactly what he did. He ran that show as if we were watching an episode of Family Guy live, and the audience was his target. I bet he dreamed of that day for years. Awesome..!!  

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 3:14pm

Article on why no one likes Anne Hathaway.  LOL

"Google "Anne Hathaway" and "hate," and the evidence is overwhelming. Link after link highlights the great American pastime (though it may actually be international, but more on that later) of being annoyed by the Oscar-winning actress. It's clear from the abundance of articles and negative comments that some people don't even want to see her face.  According to one academic, there may be a scientific reason why."

I saw her on Chelsea Lately awhile back.  Very annoying.  Total ditz, too.

britastar View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britastar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 3:18pm
Alot of my friends hate her too...I never understood why....lol

ilikestupidadssoshutup-MrsHill   

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onegroovydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 3:52pm
Cuz she's so Anne Hathaway.... knocked kneed, lanky, pasty goon, that has to share at least half of her DNA with the flamingo family.  

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 4:36pm

Cuz she's so Anne Hathaway.... knocked kneed, lanky, pasty goon, that has to share at least half of her DNA with the flamingo family.  

In many ways, like Jane Hathaway.

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

OH I HATE YOU GUYS! I was not ready for that description OR picture and burst out laughing with a) a mouthful of water (almost choked me!) and b) my boss 4 feet away. LOL

Flamingo! OMG I'm crying.... I neve rhought of that but damn! that's an apt description!
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onegroovydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

OH I HATE YOU GUYS! I was not ready for that description OR picture and burst out laughing with a) a mouthful of water (almost choked me!) and b) my boss 4 feet away. LOL

Flamingo! OMG I'm crying.... I neve rhought of that but damn! that's an apt description!

LOL...!! I think I'll stay as far hathaway as possible....

EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2013 at 3:39am

You get his jokes? Then you're not dumb, are you? I wasn't talking to you. I don't like him because he's offensive or funny. I like him because he doesen't pull any punches. He's not fake. He's not a sellout. He tells it like it is, and he'll throw himself in front of a bus as fast as you or I. When he says he brought all the gay singers, beause they didn't think tonight couldn't get any more gay.. Dead on. He was right. He had to bring them. It couldn't get any more gay. People don't like Seth because he tells you what you're afraid to hear. He doesn't sugar coat it. He thinks for himself, and doesn't let others navigate the wheel. When you have on a gay shirt, he'll tell you. When you ask him: 'Does this dress make me look fat?', he'll say 'No, your face does.' And I'll laugh because that was funny. He let's everyone know just how ignorant they really are, and in today's world, that counts for something to me. Not just the left wing or the right wing, or just women. Everyone. He's an equal opportunity disser, and I applaud that. Someone needs to tell everyone just how gay they really are. I'm glad he's around to do it.     

Gotcha.  Makes more sense when you elaborated.
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

PrincessMorbucks View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrincessMorbucks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2013 at 4:09am
Ironic that Family Guy's on now, but--here's my 2 cents. I would have liked Seth if he had stuck to the 'Larry and Steve'-esque jokes and perhaps add in wordplay or something instead of insulting people for humor. But no. He finds it hee-damn-larious to make fun of people and use slapstick humor...for pete's sake, one episode made fun of that Ramsey beauty pageant girl...how's that funny?
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2013 at 4:40am
I'm no SM fan either.

Don't think he's funny don't think his shows are funny.

It's not that I don't "get" him either.

I also don't find him offensive. I just think his juvenile, sophomoric brand of humor is boring.

I was raised on George Carlin, Steve Martin, David Letterman & Conan O'Brien, so it should be understandable why I don't have much of a taste for this guy's shtick.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2013 at 7:52am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I'm no SM fan either.

Don't think he's funny don't think his shows are funny.

It's not that I don't "get" him either.

I also don't find him offensive. I just think his juvenile, sophomoric brand of humor is boring.

I was raised on George Carlin, Steve Martin, David Letterman & Conan O'Brien, so it should be understandable why I don't have much of a taste for this guy's shtick.

Immature humor has its time and place, but McFarlane takes laziness to entirely new levels, like when he includes scenes of Brian puking for 45 seconds, or Peter clutching his knee and yelling OW! repeatedly for a few minutes straight.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onegroovydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2013 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Ho do you grow upon Steve Martin & Conan O'Brian at the same time? D'you have a time machine to jump parallels or something? That's like saying you grew up on Frankie Laine & Nelly. The funniest part is all their humor is basically the same. I watched almost all old Saturday Night Live's growing up. Every saturday..!! Then the apollo came on right afterwards, but I would switch over to The Three Stooges and watch them until I fell asleep. Are you going to say that they didn't rip on people in the same way (If so, you're completely talking out of your a$$)? Because Conan was a writer for Saturday Night Live. Family Guy has also been compared on many occasions to The Simpsons, and Conan was a writer for them as well. Seth was on Conan, and they were laughing their a$$es off at each other, and their humor was exactly the same. Saying that you don't like this guys shtick is saying that you don't like any of the other people mentioned in that same sentence. Unless that's what you're saying. If so, that's the only reason that line would make sense.      

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onegroovydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2013 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by Snesgamer Snesgamer wrote:

McFarlane takes laziness to entirely new levels
 I know. That's why there's 50 skits per episide all wrapped up in one. How lazy can he be? it's the fastest thinking comedy show that's ever been invented. It has more skits and jabs per episode then 10 episodes of a normal show.       

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2013 at 2:18pm

^  There are a lot of components to humor and comedy that can make you like or dislike someone.  It's not just the material.  I say that as someone who's seen 11,000 sets of live comedy plus all the stuff that everyone else has seen on TV.  Some people strike you as funny, some don't.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onegroovydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2013 at 2:30pm

^  There are a lot of components to humor and comedy that can make you like or dislike someone.  It's not just the material.  I say that as someone who's seen 11,000 sets of live comedy plus all the stuff that everyone else has seen on TV.  Some people strike you as funny, some don't.

See. That makes more sense. Just say: "I don't like him", or "the way he looks", or something, and end it at that. Don't say his brand of humor, and his jokes, and his type of comedy all sucks, then compliment your favorite comedian, when he's using the same type of comedy and jokes that all your favorite comedians are sharing backstage. Every comedian rips on people, unless you're comedian is also your preacher. I bet even then he rips on Satan. All the jokes are the same. Some are very crude in the way they deliver it, and some are light hearted and gentle, but it's all the same jokes. Are you going to tell me that almost every comedian in the world hasn't ripped on Helen Keller? Cuz I've been hearing that name ran into the ground since I was old enough to remember a joke. And that's been at least 30 years. In fact, if you start to type her name in on Google, before you can even finish it, the second auto-fill line that shows up is: "Helen Keller Jokes". Tell me that all your favorite comedians are so gentle, and light hearted.. Ya right...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic