Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Interesting Article on Lousy Oscars Host!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
onegroovydude View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onegroovydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Interesting Article on Lousy Oscars Host!
    Posted: 05 Mar 2013 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by TheNilvarg TheNilvarg wrote:

This. I know it's scary to state the truth on an internet full of brain-damaged sociopaths who will jump down your throat for saying anything contrary to their beliefs, but always stick to your guns. Seth MacFarlane is everything you say he is, and his television series have never been funny. They have mass appeal to stupid people who have to be told what to laugh at, and that's the reason for their popularity.
Omg Dude, That couldn't be anymore the exact opposite. Are you like so un-original that you just wait until posts are finished, then read through them for snips to cut, and crop for your rebuttal? You see which side's the most popular, then go with that so you can fit in like a thoughtless follower? How does any show tell anyone what to laugh at? Does a gun come out of the screen or something and force you into a laugh? Seriously. Grab your bear, and go back to bed junior. This conversation is for people who think on their own, and aren't told what to respond to. Funny, sounds just like you.

Originally posted by TheNilvarg TheNilvarg wrote:

I think you need to research the definition of "irony", and learn what distinguishes it from "coincidence".
I think you need to research the definition of Hypothesis, and learn what distinguishes it from a true fact. No need to respond now. Wait until we're all done first, then you can give your generic, on the surface, pre-loaded answer by using all our information.
They're taking our nags Ace. Ya. And making damm good targets of themselves. Let em have it.

Everybody loves you when you hate what they hate, but nobody loves you when you hate what they love.
Sponsored Links

TheNilvarg View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNilvarg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2013 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by Moochamoocha Moochamoocha wrote:

I don't like Seth MacFarlane. I think he's pompous, self-important and unfunny. I hate Family Guy so I avoid anything that this guy does. I saw a tiny snippet of The Oscars on Sunday and didn't even crack a smile at his schtick. I don't see what the appeal is with this guy but then again, my IQ's higher than headcheese so I guess I wouldn't.

This. I know it's scary to state the truth on an internet full of brain-damaged sociopaths who will jump down your throat for saying anything contrary to their beliefs, but always stick to your guns. Seth MacFarlane is everything you say he is, and his television series have never been funny. They have mass appeal to stupid people who have to be told what to laugh at, and that's the reason for their popularity.

Originally posted by Snesgamer Snesgamer wrote:

Anyway, I hate McFarlane for his predictable partisan "humor" and his overuse of lazy writing tactics (manatee/"remember the time" jokes, dragging a repetitive joke on for minutes, etc.).

Couldn't have summed it up better.

Originally posted by PrincessMorbucks PrincessMorbucks wrote:

Ironic that Family Guy's on now, but--here's my 2 cents.

I think you need to research the definition of "irony", and learn what distinguishes it from "coincidence".
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onegroovydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2013 at 12:20am
Originally posted by DirtyD79 DirtyD79 wrote:

Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by onegroovydude onegroovydude wrote:

As long as you understand that my opinion on the subject is the only truly valid one.

I know. No one else's on this website, or any other. Only yours. That's why you hosted the Oscars.

Fill out this form & mail it to someone who cares.

LOL I can't stop laughing about that.
You should fill it out then. Jimbo's waiting on it to compare answers to see if his was filled out right.Tongue
They're taking our nags Ace. Ya. And making damm good targets of themselves. Let em have it.

Everybody loves you when you hate what they hate, but nobody loves you when you hate what they love.
DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2013 at 10:54pm

As long as you understand that my opinion on the subject is the only truly valid one.

I know. No one else's on this website, or any other. Only yours. That's why you hosted the Oscars.

Fill out this form & mail it to someone who cares.

LOL I can't stop laughing about that.
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2013 at 2:42am

No worries, man. Just a misunderstanding.
It's all cool Homie. My snes sits right below the tv primed for anyone wanting to battle at Dr.Mario. You know, I'm not a bad disser. I could come in handy in a lot of the rants. And I am on all your guys side or I wouldn't be here. When I joined in 2010 everyone jumped in with me, and we all bashed sh!t together. That's why I came back. I was feeling really angry, and wanted to vent, but no one around me cares enough to even vent to. They're all like: "Whatever. You can't change the world. No one will listen. Why are you even trying." You know, that sh!t really pi$$es me off even more. How can they sit back like that, and just get fukked in every life decision with a big smile on their face, again, and again, and again. That's why I came back here. I wanted to vent to all the other angry ba$tard$ like me without fear of rejection, or the fear of pissing someone off, but fukk man. This time I struck a chord, and I haven't been able to do nothing but throw defense punches the whole damm time I've been here it seems like. I thought all these people were above the petty sh!t, which was why they were here in the first place. Because they saw through the all the bullsh!t. That was my kind of crowd. It's cool now, but IMO not nearly as fun as when I joined in 2010... Just saying... Nothing personal to anyone...

It's ok. We're actually pretty good as far as not taking things personally here (most of the time). That's one thing I like about this site - there seems to be only a handful of regular daily posters, and we've been reading each other's posts for a few years now. I'd like to think we'll continue learning about each other and our interactions will continue to improve as time goes on.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onegroovydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2013 at 2:14am

Not as much Monster Energy back then. I guess I shouldn't expect anything less from a whole website full of amped up haters...Cool

WalpurgisQuill View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WalpurgisQuill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2013 at 1:44am

It's all cool Homie. My snes sits right below the tv primed for anyone wanting to battle at Dr.Mario. You know, I'm not a bad disser. I could come in handy in a lot of the rants. And I am on all your guys side or I wouldn't be here. When I joined in 2010 everyone jumped in with me, and we all bashed sh!t together. That's why I came back. I was feeling really angry, and wanted to vent, but no one around me cares enough to even vent to. They're all like: "Whatever. You can't change the world. No one will listen. Why are you even trying." You know, that sh!t really pi$$es me off even more. How can they sit back like that, and just get fukked in every life decision with a big smile on their face, again, and again, and again. That's why I came back here. I wanted to vent to all the other angry ba$tard$ like me without fear of rejection, or the fear of pissing someone off, but fukk man. This time I struck a chord, and I haven't been able to do nothing but throw defense punches the whole damm time I've been here it seems like. I thought all these people were above the petty sh!t, which was why they were here in the first place. Because they saw through the all the bullsh!t. That was my kind of crowd. It's cool now, but IMO not nearly as fun as when I joined in 2010... Just saying... Nothing personal to anyone...

I've been here since '08 or '09, and literally nothing has changed. Maybe the board is a little quieter, but it was never anything but what we see now. 
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onegroovydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2013 at 1:15am

Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2013 at 12:52am

Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

Truly, this site has lost its sense of humor.   I can't figure out what anyone thinks is funny. 

We used to have fun here.

Some people just need to loosen up, which I'm sure they'll do with time. Most still know how to throw jabs and criticisms around and know better not to get offended.
I just sit back and laugh, and keep the ball bouncing. I'm ready anytime. I never get mad. I just laugh, and prepare for the next comeback. I will say that I like a good debate, but after 20 minutes here comes the name calling from everyone, and the anger cuz they can't one up. Don't take me to the heart. I like to diss things, and I hate all this sh*tt just like you guys. If you drive a honda, and I rip on them, I'm not ripping on you personally. I'm ripping on the other retards out there who aren't smart enough to know this site exists. My diss is to them, so quit geting so upset, and let's do what this site was intended for us to do on it. Hate things with other like minded haters.....Wink  See my signature..? It shouldn't be that way, but I realized it wihin two days of posting, and made that up. That's pretty sad.... On a hate forum... 

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2013 at 12:46am

Truly, this site has lost its sense of humor.   I can't figure out what anyone thinks is funny. 

Oh yeah????????? Sez who, pal???????

Them's fightin words!!!!!!!

Uh, Jimbo, not you.............
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onegroovydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2013 at 12:40am

Some people just need to loosen up, which I'm sure they'll do with time. Most still know how to throw jabs and criticisms around and know better not to get offended.
I just sit back and laugh, and keep the ball bouncing. I'm ready anytime. I never get mad. I just laugh, and prepare for the next comeback. I will say that I like a good debate, but after 20 minutes here comes the name calling from everyone, and the anger cuz they can't one up. Don't take me to the heart. I like to diss things, and I hate all this sh*tt just like you guys. If you drive a honda, and I rip on them, I'm not ripping on you personally. I'm ripping on the other retards out there who aren't smart enough to know this site exists. My diss is to them, so quit geting so upset, and let's do what this site was intended for us to do on it. Hate things with other like minded haters.....Wink  See my signature..? It shouldn't be that way, but I realized it wihin two days of posting, and made that up. That's pretty sad.... On a hate forum... 

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onegroovydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2013 at 12:32am

and people who laugh at pointless jokes then let them have at it.
That must be why I'm laughing at you.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onegroovydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2013 at 12:29am
Originally posted by WalpurgisQuill WalpurgisQuill wrote:

What are you all talking about? Even Family Guy fans don't like Family Guy anymore.

American Dad is miles better.
  That's Seth's too.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2013 at 12:21am

Oh yeah????????? Sez who, pal???????

Them's fightin words!!!!!!!

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2013 at 11:41pm

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2013 at 11:04pm

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2013 at 9:34pm

Thing is, everyone's idiots are different. This site was practically built for people to complain about things that annoy them, so if Family Guy and Seth McFarlane and people who laugh at pointless jokes that drag on annoys someone - then let them have at it.
I agree.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2013 at 9:28pm
Thing is, everyone's idiots are different. This site was practically built for people to complain about things that annoy them, so if Family Guy and Seth McFarlane and people who laugh at pointless jokes that drag on annoys someone - then let them have at it.
PrincessMorbucks View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrincessMorbucks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2013 at 9:24pm
I only mock the idiots.
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2013 at 9:23pm
Ah, ok - I concede that then. A lot of us here mock society though - I'm hardly the first.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrincessMorbucks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2013 at 7:30pm
ADD-addled high schoolers? They wouldn't even think FG is hilarious.
Oh wait - except for I have too much dignity to appeal for cheap laughs from ADD-addled high schoolers who think this sh*t is HILARIOUS!
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2013 at 7:28pm
For clarity's sake then, could you please point out where I crossed the line between hating FG and insulting others? 
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrincessMorbucks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2013 at 7:21pm
Fine then. You wanna play the "innocent bystander" card. Then I'll play along.
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2013 at 7:09pm
Insulting others? Please. The worse I get is still pretty tame compared to some of the rest of this site. 
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrincessMorbucks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2013 at 6:50pm
Let's throw the "difference between hating a certain thing and insulting others" card on the table and gamble with that, ok?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic