Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Creepy Guys On OurTime.Com Commercial.   Yikes!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Creepy Guys On OurTime.Com Commercial. Yikes!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote commercialhaterman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Creepy Guys On OurTime.Com Commercial. Yikes!
    Posted: 21 Feb 2013 at 5:24am
This commercial isn't as annoying as it is CREEEEPY.

The first guy in the commercial sounds like a pre-teen boy.  First he says..

"In the grocery store they don't come up to you and say hey I'd like to go out on a date"

BECAUSE OF COURSE.. THAT'S WHERE THIS GUY WANTS TO MEET ALL HIS WOMEN.
THEN HE LOOKS DOWN AWKWARDLY AND SMILES CREEPILY..

"But on Our Time.. They do!!"

Then towards the end of the commercial another VERY Creepy guy shows up.. and in a really stalker like.. deep weird voice he boasts..

"Hehe.. I got my first flirt within ten minutes of being on the site yeah"

BECAUSE YOU'RE SO AWESOME CREEPY DUDE!!!   YEAH...... NO.

Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2015 at 5:23am

I think that first guy is the same guy who's the spokesman in this home warranty commercial.  I recognized the voice right off the bat.  This tells me he's probably an actor and not a "Real OurTime.com Member" like the commercial says.  I guess he could be both.

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2015 at 5:48am
Originally posted by commercialhaterman commercialhaterman wrote:

This commercial isn't as annoying as it is CREEEEPY.

The first guy in the commercial sounds like a pre-teen boy.  First he says..

"In the grocery store they don't come up to you and say hey I'd like to go out on a date"

BECAUSE OF COURSE.. THAT'S WHERE THIS GUY WANTS TO MEET ALL HIS WOMEN.
THEN HE LOOKS DOWN AWKWARDLY AND SMILES CREEPILY..

"But on Our Time.. They do!!"

Then towards the end of the commercial another VERY Creepy guy shows up.. and in a really stalker like.. deep weird voice he boasts..

"Hehe.. I got my first flirt within ten minutes of being on the site yeah"

BECAUSE YOU'RE SO AWESOME CREEPY DUDE!!!   YEAH...... NO.

In a previous thread I described your VERY creepy guy as causing me to think he was a serial killer. A couple of members thought he seemed normal to them. I'm glad I don't live where they do.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2015 at 6:07am
Actually, they do. My ex works in a grocery store and that's how she became my ex.
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2015 at 8:24pm
This guy looks like he could be on america's most wanted and his "date" will never be seen again.
HatyMcHater View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HatyMcHater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2015 at 1:12am
Ok, maybe I'm strange, but I don't perceive any of these guys to be creepy. The first guy has an oddly high voice, but nobody's perfect...
verminstew View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verminstew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2015 at 1:30am
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

This guy looks like he could be on america's most wanted and his "date" will never be seen again.

I bet when that guy gets mad, he looks like Buzzcut:

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2015 at 2:30am

Amy says that, with Tom, "it's all quality time".

What the hell kinda relationship is that?  Who has "all quality time" with anyone?  I don't give their relationship too long.  Sounds like a house of cards.  In fact, she may find out in that tent about the "quality" butcher knife he's carrying.

pinniped View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinniped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 12:02pm
Dang!  This creepy outfit's been around at least since 2013?  Guess I'm lucky I only started seeing this crap this year, thanks to my new cable TV package.  Or, maybe I'm not so lucky.

Ok, this commercial lady can pass for a cougar, but check out the other one with the 90 year old great, great granny.  It always airs during MacGyver on CLOO channel.  The worst part is her "claiming" she's a cougar.  Uh, hell no.
SO I GO ON VEHIX.COM!....GOT A CAR TO SELL!....BUYING A CAR IS HARD!
commercialssuck View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote commercialssuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 5:41am
Don't know what is so "creepy" about these guys. Why is it guys get labeled as "creepy", but never women? What the hell is "creepy" anyway? If these guys are creepy, then the women are DEFINITELY creepy. Old cougars looking for a successful guy to "take care of them". Translation: They want to not work and be "pampered", and then when they get married, at any time they can call it quits and get half of his stuff.

Now that's creepy!
A Millennial View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Millennial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2015 at 9:20pm
Do these attractive seniors need a website? I mean when you are that good looking, I'm sure it's easy to find a few people who will date you in real life. And i'm sure that like most dating sites, the majority won't look like that.. 

I have learned that when you get older, a single/widowed/divorced man who is over 60 is a gem in and of itself because women outlive men most of the time. My grandfather was a hot bachelor in his community after my grandma died...
I am part of the target audience....and I hate it.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2015 at 9:42pm
Well, being happily married, I would say that these sites are not required.
But, if I needed some lovin, they would be a welcome site.
CreepedByOurTime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CreepedByOurTime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2016 at 3:27pm
I could never put my finger on it but that second guy on Our Time creeped me out too. I thought it was just me. But you captured it. He's just plain creepy, with that "yeah, he he" at the end. And where the hell is he standing? Around the corner of the middle of a subway station stairwell?

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2016 at 8:18pm
You will be old, 'if God loves you', don't judge those of us who have made it this far.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2016 at 8:25pm

I've seen the first guy in a number of unrelated commercials, so I'm guessing that maybe they're all just paid actors and not actual subscribers to this service.  Yeah, I know the text says they are, but they probably became members just so that the company could make that claim. 

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2016 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by CreepedByOurTime CreepedByOurTime wrote:

I could never put my finger on it but that second guy on Our Time creeped me out too. I thought it was just me. But you captured it. He's just plain creepy, with that "yeah, he he" at the end. And where the hell is he standing? Around the corner of the middle of a subway station stairwell?

I just noticed the age of the thread, did you do a search?

Like Thor mentioned, When I posted this, I did it wrong.
No space between Our and Time, plus I put an editorial in there. Embarrassed

Direct Link To This Post Topic: OurTime- More old people dating
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2016 at 9:30pm
Commercials for websites (which have no spaces between words) are especially tricky for our wonderful search feature. 

OurTime should work.  Ourtime.com should work.  Our Time should work.  But the search feature doesn't get this.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic