Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Grammys

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onegroovydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 3:46am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by onegroovydude onegroovydude wrote:

^  Sorry.  Been through a million guitar solos in my life.  I'm over them.

Aren't you just a ball of excitement....Pinch

As far as guitars, I'd just rather see the Ventures.  Glen Campbell, too (though that ship has sailed).

I would love to have seen Jackie Wilson tear up the stage. 
They're taking our nags Ace. Ya. And making damm good targets of themselves. Let em have it.

Everybody loves you when you hate what they hate, but nobody loves you when you hate what they love.
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 3:46am

Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

When I say Gay, I'm typically not meaning it as buttfukk you in the a$$ gay. Gay as in stupid. In the 50's and 60's Gay meant happy. Just because homosexuals adopted it as their description word of themselves, doesn't necessarily mean they own the copyright.
Why not just let them have it?

That would be gay.

But in which sense of the word "gay" am I talking about... traditional or modern?

Yes. That would be so Gay to do that. Are you gonna let them make you believe that when you're eating a bag of skittles, it's dozens of small gay colored rainbow nuts going down your throat, out of their skittle sack?  

Well, if you really wanna take back that word, why don't you use it in the traditional sense?  Next time you're in a good mood, tweet your friends and family "I'm so gay".

But that'd take balls.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 3:55am

As far as guitars, I'd just rather see the Ventures.  Glen Campbell, too (though that ship has sailed).

John Fogarty is fun to watch.

Brad Paisley tears it up, too.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
onegroovydude View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onegroovydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 3:56am

When I say Gay, I'm typically not meaning it as buttfukk you in the a$$ gay. Gay as in stupid. In the 50's and 60's Gay meant happy. Just because homosexuals adopted it as their description word of themselves, doesn't necessarily mean they own the copyright.
Why not just let them have it?

That would be gay.

But in which sense of the word "gay" am I talking about... traditional or modern?

Yes. That would be so Gay to do that. Are you gonna let them make you believe that when you're eating a bag of skittles, it's dozens of small gay colored rainbow nuts going down your throat, out of their skittle sack?  

Well, if you really wanna take back that word, why don't you use it in the traditional sense?  Next time you're in a good mood, tweet your friends and family "I'm so gay".

But that'd take balls.

Ya... I can't because the balloon bouncers ruined the sense of it. That's what happens when you let them take over. It would actually mean: "I'm so happy" if we were on a shindig special dancing with a hot blond. She'd chime back: "I'm so gay too", and you wouldn't be terrified that the next slit that walks by wouldn't take her from you. But no one would ever take it that way, because they've butt slammed it into the ground. That's why you don't let them have that word. Once you let them have one, they want another, then another. First the Gay, then the rainbow. I can't even watch The Wizard of Oz anymore without feeling like I need a bath right afterwards...Cry
They're taking our nags Ace. Ya. And making damm good targets of themselves. Let em have it.

Everybody loves you when you hate what they hate, but nobody loves you when you hate what they love.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 3:57am
"Gay" always sounded gay, even when it meant gay instead of gay.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onegroovydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 3:58am

John Fogarty is fun to watch.

Brad Paisley tears it up, too.

John Fogerty's bad. As Long As I can See The Light... What a song... I Put a Spell On You.... Becaussse you're mine...

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 4:00am

John Fogerty's bad. As Long As I can See The Light... What a song... I Put a Spell On You.... Becaussse you're mine...

I like to watch him play because he really seems to be having fun.

He looks like he's having a blast doing all those old CCR songs.

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onegroovydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 4:00am

"Gay" always sounded gay, even when it meant gay instead of gay.

I mean when I heard it growing up, or see old videos with the word being used, I think of birds flying, couples holding hands (not weiners), fun outdoors, spring... Happy.. Now I think of... I can't even go there...Dead 

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onegroovydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 4:01am

I like to watch him play because he really seems to be having fun.

He looks like he's having a blast doing all those old CCR songs.

He does, because he's not a sellout...

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 4:03am

I mean when I heard it growing up, or see old videos with the word being used, I think of birds flying, couples holding hands (not weiners), fun outdoors, spring... Happy.. Now I think of... I can't even go there...Dead 

Why?

Why do you care?

Doesn't bother me one bit.

Of course, I don't spend any time thinking about it.

Feels a lot better to just live & let live.

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onegroovydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 4:15am
You know I try not to, but I guess I care when people turn happy, fun, light hearted warm words of our (not their) innocent past, into filthy smut words for their own personal clarification. If you want to call yourselves something, come up with your own word. Not one we all grew up on, meant in a totally other sense. Don't take something as magnificant as a rainbow, and plaster it all over flags, bars, bumper stickers, t-shirts, telephone poles, jewelry, sunglasses, helmets, etc. to change the way all americans look and see a rainbow. Quit trying to forcably insert that image into my sub-concsious where anytime I hear that word, or see that big band of colors, an image automatically appears at the top of naked men sliding down each end splashing into a big pot of white gold ...  

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 4:34am
What's so filty about it?
It's just sex.
People have been doing it ever since they found out it feels good.
Nothing to get upset about.
The ancient Greek Spartans, some of the toughest fighting men in all of history, used to take young boys "under their wing" as soon as they turned 14 y/o.
And keep in mind also, there are a lot of gay men out there who neither you nor I would want to mess with.
I used to work for a gay guy who was/is a very successful florist & a total fairy, but I wouldn't want to tangle with him.
Big, muscular sumbitch who works out in the gym & knows some martial arts.
Nice guy, though. I delivered flowers for him for a year.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 4:38am
^  I just looked it up in Wikipedia.  It's not clear exactly when or how the word came to be associated with homosexual.  It seems just as likely that it was ascribed to them by straights as that it was adopted by homosexuals.  In other words, it was mutual, and just kind of evolved.  The fact that you were using it in the traditional sense without knowing it had been used for homosexuals for years, is not really anyone's fault but your own.

The Kinks had a song in 1967 called David Watts in which they refer to their homosexual manager as "gay".  So, seeing as how you're into rock music, you can't blame anyone but yourself for not being aware that heterosexuals were using that word to describe homosexuals.

But really, it's not that important.  So, they have a word and a flag.  I'd never had an affinity for rainbows or even used the word "gay" in the traditional sense when I was young ('cept maybe in Christmas songs).  The word (the traditional meaning) seems kinda 1940s to me.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onegroovydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 4:40am
I think it goes deeper than just sex.... Longer... and a lot deeper....Wacko  I'd also agree that I wouldn't want to get tangled up in one of them either.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 4:43am

I think it goes deeper than just sex.... Longer... and a lot deeper....Wacko  .

Well, yeah.  It's either hereditary or biological, most likely.  You don't think gays volunteered for it, do you?  Why in the world would anyone choose that path for themselves?  It's not like it'd be easy.  No kid really wants to go the unpopular route.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 4:46am

I think it goes deeper than just sex.... Longer... and a lot deeper....Wacko  I'd also agree that I wouldn't want to get tangled up in one of them either.

I dunno... I think you're trying a little too hard to convince people you're not gay.

I'm just sayin..... Ermm

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onegroovydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 4:46am

The fact that you were using it in the traditional sense without knowing it had been used for homosexuals for years, is not really anyone's fault but your own.
It wasn't used publicly thrown out on every street corner. It wasn't so in our face as it is now. It wasn't an over-flowing epidemic. It would have been way more hushed then, and not every where you turn. There weren't many men walking around with breast implants back then either, I don't think.  

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 4:48am

The fact that you were using it in the traditional sense without knowing it had been used for homosexuals for years, is not really anyone's fault but your own.
It wasn't used publicly thrown out on every street corner. It wasn't so in our face as it is now. It wasn't an over-flowing epidemic. It would have been way more hushed then, and not every where you turn. There weren't many men walking around with breast implants back then either, I don't think.  

It sounds like you resent gays for existing.

C'mon.  Gays live most of their early formative years knowing nothing but the straight world.  It's everywhere.  In fact, it's pretty much "flaunted".  That must feel pretty lonely, don't ya think?  Give 'em some slack. 

You make it sound like they pose some sorta threat to you.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onegroovydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 4:49am

I dunno... I think you're trying a little too hard to convince people you're not gay.

I'm just sayin..... Ermm

Who is that? Me and you? Is that our burrow waiting over there in the field? Embarrassed I'm surprised their lips don't get tangled up....LOL

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 4:59am

There weren't many women walking around with breast implants either.

But as for the rest of your post, I think you misjudge how many homosexuals there were "back then".

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 5:02am

I'm just sayin..... Ermm
Who is that? Me and you? Is that our burrow waiting over there in the field? Embarrassed I'm surprised their lips don't get tangled up....LOL

Not likely, bub!!!!! ShockedShockedShocked

Jimbo don't swing that way!!!! Approve

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onegroovydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 5:05am

It sounds like you resent gays for existing.

I don't. I have a deep mind, and display my words a little graphically sometimes, but I don't. I was more on the rant of Seth at the Oscars, but just kinda flowed over to this. I don't mind homosexual people, just what they try and push in my face... Zing...Wink But seriously, I just don't like the fact that most want to transcend it to you with such force. Gay prides are advertised as a place for all gays to be able to get together and have fun without fear, or shame. But at the same time, they want everyone that's not gay to know that they're having this get togther because they have gay pride, and you can't break that. We're here, and we're queer..! Deal with it..! If they were just happy to be gay and wanted to get together, they'd call it Gays Days or something. Something fun for them, because they just want to have fun. They don't just want to have fun though. They 50% want to get under all non-gays skin at the same time defeating the high minded goal of what the entire get together is supposed to be about in the beginning.     

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onegroovydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 5:09am

I'm just sayin..... Ermm

Not likely, bub!!!!! ShockedShockedShocked

Jimbo don't swing that way!!!! Approve

Uh-oh.... You trying to hide you're true feelings? Better not disagree or you're gay. See how this comes out? You're gay if you're gay, an you're gay if you're not gay. That's the gay way. At the end of the day we're all somehow gay. You see that? If you don't, you're admitting you're gay.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 5:09am
So their parades shouldn't be advertised?  But every other parade can be?  I don't get it.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 5:16am

Uh-oh.... You trying to hide you're true feelings? Better not disagree or you're gay. See how this comes out? You're gay if you're gay, an you're gay if you're not gay. That's the gay way. At the end of the day we're all somehow gay. You see that? If you don't, you're admitting you're gay.

If somebody wants to think I'm gay, that's fine with me.

People are going to think what they're going to think & there's nothing you can do to change their minds.

Besides, I don't care what other people think about me anyway.

As long as I like myself, I'm cool.

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic