Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Burger King 'Whopper Junior Celebration'  (video)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Burger King 'Whopper Junior Celebration' (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Burger King 'Whopper Junior Celebration' (video)
    Posted: 16 Feb 2013 at 4:08pm
ConfusedThis one just annoys the ever-lovin' crap out of me. Sorry - I just don't like it.

for those experiencing the 'embedded' PITA.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2013 at 4:11pm
What's a "juniot"?

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2013 at 4:14pm
I'm sick of the trend of inserting muppets randomly into situations NOT FUNNY!!!!

The music sucks the dancing sucks, everything about this commercial SUCKS!!!!!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2013 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by MrsHill MrsHill wrote:

What's a "juniot"?
Winkit's short for "Paw needs new bifocals"
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2013 at 4:43pm
They really need to stop this "embedding disabled by request" crap. It's senseless as you can just provide a link and people can highlight and paste to their browser anyway.

Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Originally posted by MrsHill MrsHill wrote:

What's a "juniot"?
Winkit's short for "Paw needs new bifocals"

I dunno. "Juniot" sounds like a perfect portmanteau of "Junior" and "Idiot" which actually fits this video well.
A.C. Sativa View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A.C. Sativa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2013 at 6:25pm
God, that was awful, but I have to admit that the Whopper Jr. is one of the best burgers out there, especially for the price.
Christine View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Christine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2013 at 2:59am

Just saw this for the first time and signed on because of it.

WHAT IS UP with the BLUE MUPPET?!! Confused It looks like he OD'd on colloidal silver treatments.

Any commercial for a food product that features a BLUE customer (that is not a member of the Blue Man Group) is not going to win me over. Dead
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 3:51pm
What the hell was the price on it before? That burger doesn't even have cheese. I don't get why there's puppets and all sorts of random crap celebrating a hamburger. At least at McDonald's I get cheese with my dollar burger.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by Christine Christine wrote:

Just saw this for the first time and signed on because of it.

WHAT IS UP with the BLUE MUPPET?!! Confused It looks like he OD'd on colloidal silver treatments.

Any commercial for a food product that features a BLUE customer (that is not a member of the Blue Man Group) is not going to win me over. Dead
LOL
The Mad Gasser View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Mad Gasser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2013 at 11:22pm
$1.29?! ... and they are celebrating?! I remember when Whoppers (Sr.?) was 99 cents. I hate to see the price now.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2013 at 2:14am
Originally posted by The Mad Gasser The Mad Gasser wrote:

$1.29?! ... and they are celebrating?! I remember when Whoppers (Sr.?) was 99 cents. I hate to see the price now.
Everything is going up price wise. Of course there is still "no significant inflation". I would rather spend my $1.29 on a Jumbo Jack. I really like the bun.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
effstupid View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote effstupid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2013 at 8:16am
Really dumb commercial, and it does nothing to bring me any closer to liking that yucky burger. But again, my favorite burger of its kind is the "Big Carl" (Big Mac, Double Whopper, Wendy' Double Stack and Bonus Jack competition), but I detest the commercials.
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2013 at 12:31am
The fat, pudgy, balding stereotypical actor playing the manager apparently doesn't know what's going on. I'm like: "Don't you know, dope? You're the manager!" What an asshole.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2013 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by Triple J Triple J wrote:

The fat, pudgy, balding stereotypical actor playing the manager apparently doesn't know what's going on. I'm like: "Don't you know, dope? You're the manager!" What an asshole.
In the industry, minimum wage employees are offered a "manager" position with a 50% increase in wages. They soon find out that they are not being paid wages. They are now being paid salary and are expected to work 80 hours per week. Can you blame them for not giving a s*it? 
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2013 at 2:15pm
Salary employment rarely works to the advantage of the worker. I don't think I'd ever take a salary job unless I knew I was somehow going to get more money for less work.
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2013 at 2:34pm
When my cousin got his first job after college, he was all excited about the idea of the guaranteed salary.  That is, until it turns out he was stuck working 70 hours a week LOL  He said it pretty much came down to him working for like 10-12 bucks an hour, if that.
LittleO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2013 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

What the hell was the price on it before? That burger doesn't even have cheese. I don't get why there's puppets and all sorts of random crap celebrating a hamburger. At least at McDonald's I get cheese with my dollar burger.

That's hilarious. I actually don't like cheese on burgers but get your point.

These ads/billboards worked on us, and we went to BK yesterday for the first time in years. The burgers were tiny, mostly bread. They tasted okay but not like I remember. BK also changed their chicken fingers to an odd approximation of McNuggets. No idea why.
KrissyBean View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KrissyBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2013 at 7:55pm
ARRRR! I HATE this commercial! I hate the stupid puppet and I LOATHE that fat, doughy, stupid, balding middle-aged, glasses-wearing mushball that is the manager! What a jackass. Nice dancing you ass-hat! Nuke
Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2013 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by LittleO LittleO wrote:

That's hilarious. I actually don't like cheese on burgers but get your point.

These ads/billboards worked on us, and we went to BK yesterday for the first time in years. The burgers were tiny, mostly bread. They tasted okay but not like I remember. BK also changed their chicken fingers to an odd approximation of McNuggets. No idea why.

I think they've changed their nuggets 3x in the past 5 years. I liked the original thumb looking nuggets from years past. Then they took away chicken fries which I enjoyed and made some sort of new nugget, and now these Mcnugget clones. I like Mcnuggets so I do like these, but if I want Mcnuggets I'll just go to McDonalds....it makes no sense.
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2013 at 10:51pm
I've seen that blue muppet in another BK ad - I certainly hope BK isn't trying to replace the King with him - yeah, that'd go over well!
LittleO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2013 at 12:34am

I think they've changed their nuggets 3x in the past 5 years. I liked the original thumb looking nuggets from years past. Then they took away chicken fries which I enjoyed and made some sort of new nugget, and now these Mcnugget clones. I like Mcnuggets so I do like these, but if I want Mcnuggets I'll just go to McDonalds....it makes no sense.

Yes, the thumbs were the best, especially with ranch! They kept the same recipe but made them star-shaped for a while, which I normally would love but it just didn't work. I guess we shouldn't get too comfortable with BK McNuggets because they're obviously not going to last more than a few years.
DefaultUsername View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DefaultUsername Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2013 at 12:24am
That blue Muppet guy irritates me!!!!! I am so tired of him popping out of my TV every day with his irritating "only $1.29!!!!" voice! You're not convincing me to sprint to Burger King right now, are ya, you little artificially colored idiot?
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2013 at 1:44am
Oh look, lard-ass is back... and he's singing. Angry I really want to beat the crap out of him.

Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2013 at 1:54am
You've won, Burger King. I never thought the day would happen, but you've officially gotten WORSE at making commercials than McDonald's. Here's your trophy, and please don't read this the wrong way - it's a trophy of SHAME.
Lucian View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lucian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2013 at 7:05am
It's funny, because they can't just sell us a burger anymore. You know, a patty, a bun, some lettuce, tomato, onion, some mustard and\or mayo. They have to pay some people millions to sit around a table, reviewing the latest "data", to come up with a double stuffed, turkey, cheddar, chipotle, angus, double stack,  THING that doesnt even resemble a burger anymore. Then they throw on some onion rings or some A-1 sauce or a pancake and tell us it's a steal at 6 bucks, along with a 2 dollar soda and 2 dollar order of onion rings, (even though they're already on your "burger"). But I guess they also had to pay another round table of "experts" to come up with these commercials we all seem to love so much. When all we really want is freakin BURGER that isnt tiny and WEIRD and ends up costing us 10 bucks. What an assinine, idiot, ripoff, joke. Thanks for nothing.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic