Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Velveeta: HAM radio operator eat liquid gold

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I don't follow recipes much.  The first time, yeah I might follow it fairly closely.  Usually, though, I just get a basic idea of what to do, and go with it.

I guess in this recipe the important points are to use the two different types of shredded cheese, to use half & Half mixed with chicken broth & (if you wanted the tomato flavor) to al dente cook the pasta, then mix in the tomatoes & juice, then finish cooking it in the tomatoes & juice.

I imagine the rest is fudge-able.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 5:54pm

I don't follow recipes much.  The first time, yeah I might follow it fairly closely.  Usually, though, I just get a basic idea of what to do, and go with it.
Generally, I'm the same way - but this recipe had a number of unexpected ingredients...looks really good, if cooked right - looks like it could be really bad, if 'winging it'.
What I mean by that is just comparing my own 'winging' of another 'just-complicated-enough' recipe (a casserole, in this case) and getting it totally WRONG - had the kitchen smelling like 'cooked exterior house paint' (prolly 'white', possibly 'beige'). Did that many years ago - made the fam choke it down while telling them a story about all the lil'starving mongoliids in North Korea, who would gobble it in a 'Mississipppi Minute', if they wouldn't...
No.
This is ONE recipe I think I'd have to 'follow the book' by, at least for a 'base'.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 6:55pm
I'm thinking I would try adding a 4oz can of diced chiles (drained) and substitue 1 cup of sour cream for 1 of the cups of half and half.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 8:32pm
I still don't understand why I'm supposed to think a HAM radio operator is SO COOL that I would want to eat like him. Seriously, is this ad for like .0001% of the population?
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Did that many years ago - made the fam choke it down while telling them a story about all the lil'starving mongoliids in North Korea, who would gobble it in a 'Mississipppi Minute', if they wouldn't...

Probably true.  I hear the best of their food described as fried "matter".

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2013 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

I'm thinking I would try adding a 4oz can of diced chiles (drained) and substitue 1 cup of sour cream for 1 of the cups of half and half.

Whatever I used, I'd probably put less of it in.  I'd like the mac and cheese to be drier rather than wet.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2013 at 12:02am

Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

Whatever I used, I'd probably put less of it in.  I'd like the mac and cheese to be drier rather than wet.

I wish I could post the video segment so you could see the finished product as she spooned it out onto a couple of plates.

It was very thick & creamy.

Looked delicious.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
hump View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2013 at 12:26am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Yep THAT'S the commercial, good grief that voice over is f**king annoying!

What is so good about Velveeta shells and cheese, anyway? That's what I don't get! 

Hearing these commercials makes me miss Billy Mayes.Cry
Adznem View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adznem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 5:23pm
Another mere Communist plot???????.Confused
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 8:10pm
It's not a very good commercial but it's still driving me crazy because the damn thing aired about a dozen times last night!
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 11:29pm
Confused...but WAIT! Here's the OTHER 'guy you know', donchaknow, canchatell,,,,
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic