Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Super Bowl Commercials :: 2013 Super Bowl Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBudweiser Clydesdales: Brotherhood

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForumAdmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Budweiser Clydesdales: Brotherhood
    Posted: 02 Feb 2013 at 8:57pm

Aaaaaand I just cried at a beer commercial.
Sponsored Links

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2013 at 11:28pm
Thumbs Up  One of the best Clydesdale commercials yet.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 1:02am
Awww.  Thumbs Up

I'd like to know if there's any story behind this one.  That is, was that guy really the owner, or was it all just acting?

Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 9:16pm
I love this ad. It made me get all teary and I love CLYDESDALES. Best ad ever Heart
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
Ad Endless Nauseum View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad Endless Nauseum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 10:54pm
I still want them to bring back the frogs. With the game in New Orleans, surronded by swamps, this could actually be an interesting tie-in sort of thing.
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Defense de fumer et de cracher

A message brought to you by this station and the Ad Council.
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 1:20am
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW love, love love this!!!
Cross Traffic View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cross Traffic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 2:39am
Great ad!!! I had tears watching it too. 
Ad Endless Nauseum View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad Endless Nauseum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 2:52am
Not bad. And I much prefer Stevie singing for a horse than for a horse's patoot years ago.
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Defense de fumer et de cracher

A message brought to you by this station and the Ad Council.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 3:03am
WinkThat commercial gets a big 'thumbs up'; IIIIiiiiiiiiiii liked it!
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 4:57am
What a sweet commercial.
KrissyBean View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KrissyBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 2:00pm
Great Bud commercial. Very sweet !
Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 2:50pm
Hard to believe that this was a commercial for beer.
Loved it all the way from beginning to end!!! Big smileHeartBig smile

ShinyGreenApple View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShinyGreenApple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 3:12pm
Budweiser's ads are the highlight of the Super Bowl, for me. They delivered again :)
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 8:56pm
OMG!  I teared up. Even big, burly men across America teared up/cried.

I think they filmed the first part at the Busch farm/Clydesdale farm just outside of St. Louis.  I've been there and it is great--the baby clydesdales are really cute; long, gangly legs with those big 'ol feet.
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
KrissyBean View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KrissyBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 11:20pm
^Agreed. I live in Merrimack, NH - where we have a Budweiser plant and where they stable one of the Clydesdale hitches. I think the other hitch is in St. Louis, MO. But anyway - the brewery and the ground are free to tour and walk around and you can go to the stables and see the horses. I remember a couple of summers ago they had two baby Clydesdales and they were SO damn adorable. And let me say, unsurprisingly, those horses are treated like kings. They are unbelievably beautiful and are just so amazing to see in person. Last summer, they even had the Budweiser dalmatian roaming around the stables. Super sweet dog. Would wander up to you and just let you scratch him under the ears and chin. He was exhausted after coming in from the fields with the horses. :)
Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
LittleO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 12:57am
Loved this one! I was waiting for a Clydesdale commercial and it didn't disappoint.

The downside was that hearing Stevie just reinforced how mediocre Beyonce is.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 1:55am
Originally posted by LittleO LittleO wrote:

The downside was that hearing Stevie just reinforced how mediocre Beyonce is.

Yeah.  What ever happened to subtlety?  Seems every superstar singer nowadays thinks she has to put every last bit of emotion into every last song.  It could be Frosty the Snowman, and they'd find some way to turn it into a heart-wrenching drama.

LittleO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 2:58am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Yeah.  What ever happened to subtlety?  Seems every superstar singer nowadays thinks she has to put every last bit of emotion into every last song.  It could be Frosty the Snowman, and they'd find some way to turn it into a heart-wrenching drama.

I don't know, but it's certainly tiresome. Not to mention the melisma, aka "urban yodeling." I'd be impressed if more young female singers actually held a note. That's actually something Adele does a little better than her peers, although I'm kind of tired of her. She's pretty dramatic, too.

Between Stevie Nicks and the Rolling Stones (and, hell, the Partridge Family), the music in the commercials put the Halftime show to shame!
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 6:13pm
This one's gotten extra coverage on the local news, as the guy in the commercial is from the Houston area.  Humble's about 20 miles north/northeast of Downtown.

http://www.chron.com/default/article/Humble-High-grad-was-the-guy-in-the-Clydesdale-ad-4249259.php

I didn't watch the commercial whenever it aired during the Super Bowl, but got a chance to see it yesterday.  It's very touching Tongue It reminded me of the story of the lion who was released into the wild after being raised by 2 guys, then reunited with him a year or so later.  Much to the surprise of 'experts,' the lion remembered them and was just as happy to see them as they were to see him.
jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2013 at 6:20pm
Nightline did a story on the Clydesdales and their breeder and mentioned the slight biographical origins of the ad.  Interesting story all around. http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/video/super-bowls-baby-clydesdale-budweiser-story-1...
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2013 at 8:48pm
Thanks for the background stories, insanity and jero.

And yes, it immediately reminded me of the lion story, too. 

khg808 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khg808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2013 at 11:34pm
Great commercial, but I would still rather drink a Warstiener Dunkel or a Yuengling any day of the week.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2013 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by khg808 khg808 wrote:

Great commercial, but I would still rather drink a Warstiener Dunkel or a Yuengling any day of the week.
There's one piece of 'common ground'. 'Black & Tan', Thank You.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
AdAnalyzer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdAnalyzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2013 at 11:36pm
I absolutely love that song.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic