Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Super Bowl Commercials :: 2013 Super Bowl Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedGoDaddy.com: Perfect Match

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForumAdmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GoDaddy.com: Perfect Match
    Posted: 02 Feb 2013 at 7:13pm

So gross, y'all.

So gross. I am skeptical about whether this ad will actually air.

Also. I am offended at this depiction of a "smart person".

Smart people know how to not look like that.
Sponsored Links

Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 11:49pm
I know it's early but I'm calling this the worst of the Super Bowl ads. What...the...f*ck! Did that rosey cheeked fat virgin win some sort of nationwide contest to make out with a model? WHY DID THEY HAVE TO PHONE IN SLURPING SOUNDS WITH A CLOSE UP. Seriously, how does this sell web hosting? How? Who sees this ad and is like, yeah Go Daddy....that conjures up good memories.

Also as a webmaster, I'm pretty pissed off at the "anyone who works on computers is a fat male nerd". Go back to 1980 with that sh*t.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
Hawkeye721 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawkeye721 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 12:07am
That one was uncomfortable to watch with family in the room. Why does go-daddy think these are good ideas?
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 12:09am
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

I know it's early but I'm calling this the worst of the Super Bowl ads. What...the...f*ck! Did that rosey cheeked fat virgin win some sort of nationwide contest to make out with a model? WHY DID THEY HAVE TO PHONE IN SLURPING SOUNDS WITH A CLOSE UP. Seriously, how does this sell web hosting? How? Who sees this ad and is like, yeah Go Daddy....that conjures up good memories.

Also as a webmaster, I'm pretty pissed off at the "anyone who works on computers is a fat male nerd". Go back to 1980 with that sh*t.

Agreed on the f*cking slurping.  I didn't even see this commercial and the sound of it made me sick. 
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 12:31am

Confusedhmmm....didn't we just fire 'Walter'?

The only thing that could have made this worse would have been a little 'tongue action'Dead
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 1:24am
^^^ There's no tongue action?  I refuse to watch that sh*t.  Hearing it was bad enough. 
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 1:28am
I wonder how many takes it took to get the kiss just right.  Hopefully for Nerdboy, he screwed it up a lot.  He will never have that chance again.

tvpirate05 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tvpirate05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 4:57am
I hate GoDaddy ads in general because they try so hard to be edgy, but this one just made me sick. If you kiss someone and you're making slurping noises like that, you're doing it wrong. Nothing romantic about that at all.
The poster formerly known as producer757
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 5:17am
Originally posted by tvpirate05 tvpirate05 wrote:

I hate GoDaddy ads in general because they try so hard to be edgy, but this one just made me sick. If you kiss someone and you're making slurping noises like that, you're doing it wrong. Nothing romantic about that at all.

^^^ Yes.  It sounds like someone sucking crab meat out of a claw.

- Mark Twain

KrissyBean View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KrissyBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 1:59pm
Ugh. This one was absolutely DISGUSTING. I was watching it with my fiancee and a bunch of guys, and one other girl. This one came on and we watched it for about 5 seconds and my friend Matt goes, "This is making me really uncomfortable...." We all had to turn away or shield our eyes - and averting your eyes wasn't enough! That slurping sound - GAG ME!!! Totally disgusting. Dead

My other friend Kenny was saying that there is an outtake from this commercial on YouTube somewhere where it shows the model - after making out with the fat virgin - makes this awful face and tries to force a smile. Ugh.
Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 2:25pm
I don't get why offending and disgusting your target audience is supposed to sell products.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 2:59pm
Unfortunately for me, I used GoDaddy to obtain one of my domain names -- it's paid until early-2014 so now I'll hear that über-nasty slurping noise every time I enter that website via the domain name they host. CryCryAngryCryCry

EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

I don't get why offending and disgusting your target audience is supposed to sell products.
I've never understood it either.  Dead

- Mark Twain

ShinyGreenApple View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShinyGreenApple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 7:02pm
Whether or not people found it disgusting, it seems to have been a brilliant marketing strategy. EVERYONE is talking about this thing, and up until the ad, I had never heard of godaddy.com. 

It is kind of squicky, although it could have been worse. There could have been lots of tongue and ropes of saliva everywhere Dead

Re: noisy kissing - it's amazing how disgusting it is to see/hear other people doing it, compared with actually doing it yourself. I've been with someone who was incredibly noisy and slobbery and it was oddly quite enjoyable Embarrassed
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by ShinyGreenApple ShinyGreenApple wrote:

Whether or not people found it disgusting, it seems to have been a brilliant marketing strategy. EVERYONE is talking about this thing, and up until the ad, I had never heard of godaddy.com. 

It is kind of squicky, although it could have been worse. There could have been lots of tongue and ropes of saliva everywhere Dead

Re: noisy kissing - it's amazing how disgusting it is to see/hear other people doing it, compared with actually doing it yourself. I've been with someone who was incredibly noisy and slobbery and it was oddly quite enjoyable Embarrassed
It does make sense from a "word of mouth" perspective, but what about the appeal?  It sure as heck doesn't make me want to go to godaddy.com and learn more about their company. Dead

- Mark Twain

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 10:55pm

It is kind of squicky, although it could have been worse. There could have been lots of tongue and ropes of saliva everywhere Dead

They could had that woman and Danica slurping & kissing....
KrissyBean View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KrissyBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 11:13pm

The success of a marketing technique isn't just based on whether or not people are talking about the product - but also how much it draws people to the product and encourages them to spend their money on it. I would say this one is a HUGE fail. I would NEVER have my web domain hosted by GoDaddy.com because I HATE their commercials and I find their commercials to be very unprofessional and totally random. Not someone I would want handling my website. So, everyone may be talking about it - but I doubt this commercial made people spend their money with GoDaddy.
Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by KrissyBean KrissyBean wrote:

The success of a marketing technique isn't just based on whether or not people are talking about the product - but also how much it draws people to the product and encourages them to spend their money on it. I would say this one is a HUGE fail. I would NEVER have my web domain hosted by GoDaddy.com because I HATE their commercials and I find their commercials to be very unprofessional and totally random. Not someone I would want handling my website. So, everyone may be talking about it - but I doubt this commercial made people spend their money with GoDaddy.

Well said, Krissy.  Totally agree. Clap

- Mark Twain

ShinyGreenApple View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShinyGreenApple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 12:00am
Very valid points. For the very same reason I refuse to buy Folgers coffee (the incest ad!) Cox service bundles, or Progressive insurance. However . . .

What if the target audience IS the fat nerdy geek? Or guys who live in their Moms' basements who like to think they're as smart as that guy and want to snag their WoW character's name as a domain? Hmm? Wink

Note: I am not that guy. I'm quite female and do not play WoW or live in a basement. But I know enough of them Confused
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 12:03am

Very valid points. For the very same reason I refuse to buy Folgers coffee (the incest ad!) Cox service bundles, or Progressive insurance. However . . .

What if the target audience IS the fat nerdy geek? Or guys who live in their Moms' basements who like to think they're as smart as that guy and want to snag their WoW character's name as a domain? Hmm? Wink

Note: I am not that guy. I'm quite female and do not play WoW or live in a basement. But I know enough of them Confused

I'm sure this type of advertising works on a certain type.  Good point.

- Mark Twain

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 12:05am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I wonder how many takes it took to get the kiss just right. 

LOL
bwestfall View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwestfall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 12:33am
I don't mind the kissing, but the smacking, slurping, gurgling-like sounds did it for me.  But what's funny is that for a while now, I have been getting more and more tired of seeing make-out sessions on TV and movies and they get almost this loud.  As my Mother would say, "Sounds like a cow pulling its foot out of the mud."  Now, I know people are not usually quiet about it but sometimes I just know they tell the actors to be louder and it just is awful.  Sounds like someone trying to Hoover someone else's face off, or a guy has half of a woman's face in his mouth. Sheeesh!
A new study finds that people who are chipper & happy live longer. Which is surprising because people who aren't chipper & happy want to kill people who are always chipper & happy. David Letterman
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 1:50am
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I wonder how many takes it took to get the kiss just right. 

LOL

Wow!  But I'll bet Nerdboy kept screwing up on purpose.  Who can blame him?

ratattack View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ratattack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by Hawkeye721 Hawkeye721 wrote:

That one was uncomfortable to watch with family in the room. Why does go-daddy think these are good ideas?

This ad says a lot about the juvenile asswipes who are now running the advertising business.
tvpirate05 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tvpirate05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by ratattack ratattack wrote:

Originally posted by Hawkeye721 Hawkeye721 wrote:

This ad says a lot about the juvenile asswipes who are now running the advertising business.
Highlighting the keyword here. As I've mentioned here before, teenage boys are the only ones who find these ads cool or edgy. Until they see their first nudie magazine...
The poster formerly known as producer757
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic