Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dreams

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yutolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dreams
    Posted: 26 Jan 2013 at 4:17pm
I'm guessing that we've all (or at least the majority of us have had dreams that were so awesome that when we wake up we're all disappointed that they are not true. Last night I dreamed that I possessed a computer and printer that printed donuts. Just put in the type and recipe and wait a minute and out it came. However, in the dream I also knew that I am not supposed to eat them so I was really only partly sad when I woke up and realized there is no such donut printer. LOLLOL
"Xbox Live is an online homophobia club for pre-teen Tourette’s sufferers." - Brockway, Cracked.com
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2013 at 4:33pm
There's actually something like that in the works.  I stress "something like that".

Then, there's this:

A 3D food printer sounds like something out of Star Trek, but it's not out of this world. It's up and running at the French Culinary Institute in Manhattan -- and in five years, it could be in your home.

Are you sure you didn't fall asleep with some science show on?  I've often incorporated TV stuff into my dreams.  I once dreamt "Penny" from The Big Bang Theory invited me to her parents' house at the Jersey Shore.  When I woke up, The Big Bang Theory was on.  Another time, I was a member of Bill O'Reilly's panel.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2013 at 5:13pm
ConfusedWe've had another dream thread before, as I recall - or maybe I was dreaming.
I'm one of those who dream in color and remembers almost every one. The problem these days is that life can be so strange that I'm never sure where the dream ends and 'wakie-wakie-eggs-'n-bakey'-time begns...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2013 at 5:25pm
Yeah, 3D printers have been around for awhile now.

Parts manufacturers & architects use them a lot.

There will probably be some kind of printing material base developed before too long that we be technically "edible", but I wouldn't count on the quality of it being anything to get excited about.

Unless "food printers" come with heating elements, broilers, deep fryers & grills built in...

Speaking of which, it's time for me to go "print" myself a baloney with mustard sandwich.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2013 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

'wakey-wakey-eggs-'n-bakey'

It is SO freaking odd that you would use that phrase this morning as I just heard it for the first time in my entire life a few hours ago, around 6 - 7 am, on TV.

It was a travel-doc show about Puerto Rico & the host-narrator was with a zoologist who had put a Puerto Rican parrot to sleep to do some exploratory surgery on her, & when the guy was done, the host said that to the bird.

Very strange.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2013 at 5:40pm
I know what you mean - hear something for the first time only to find it has been around forever.
That still happens to me and it always sets life in a bit of a surreal mode when everyone is looking at you as if you came from the moon, when it happens.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2013 at 6:03pm
I've never ever heard wakey wakey.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2013 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I've never ever heard wakey wakey.

ConfusedIf that is true, you must have grown up a sheltered Catholic child in the back woods of Pennsylvania, only to move to someplace odd, like, oh...New Jersey.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2013 at 6:10pm

I know what you mean - hear something for the first time only to find it has been around forever.

No, that's not what I was talking about.

I was referring to the fact that after never hearing it in 55.6 years on Earth, I hear/read it twice in one morning.

I believe the word is "coincidence".

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2013 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

No, that's not what I was talking about.

I was referring to the fact that after never hearing it in 55.6 years on Earth, I hear/read it twice in one morning.

I believe the word is "coincidence".

o.k...I know what you mean - I'm just talking about the FIRST time; I brought in the second.
Still, what a coeenk-E-dink.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 5:16am
RE the 3-D printing thing.  They're already working on one that can "print" organs.  Just think, in 15-20 years, no more waiting for a kidney or liver transplant.  Plug in some of your DNA to make it compatible, then presto! all done....

I once had a series of dreams where I was at a very large high school & was trying to sneak away.  Knew a lot of the other kids, the grounds really well & even sat through some of the classes (though most of my time there was 'movement' between classes, plotting my escape.)   Mind, none of anything I 'saw' was something I'd seen for real in wake time.  The 2nd to last dream I got intercepted by a teacher & sent back inside.  The final one, I slipped past the same teacher, went through the parking lot during a rain storm, past the baseball fields, and I assume I got away.  Should have gotten the name of the school.  The place sucked enough to escape that I want to know if it was a real one to avoid....  LOL
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 1:07pm
I've been keeping an online Dream Diary for the last twelve years...once in awhile, some rather interesting shiit goes through my head at night.
Some examples:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MARCH 14, 2006:
I was in a bar. The guy next to me to my immediate left was drawing something - a cartoon of some type perhaps. The woman seated next to him asked him some question about a Commodore 64 computer demo I had written sometime back (in reality, I did actually program a number of demos in the early-1990s in assembly language complete with music and graphics for the C=64 under the names "TDM" (The Douched Moose) and "TDC" (The Douche Crew)), and she asked why her name wasn't in it. I said something - a rational explanation though I can no longer remember the words I used - as to why her name was not in that particular demo. I think the demo filename was "PUSSWHIP'D/TDM" and the demo's name was "Pussywhipped" (see the photograph of the disk directory directly under this dream entry).
The bartender asked if I wanted a Pepsi, and I told her that I was broke (I had at least several dollars in my wallet, but I needed the money for something else), but she said she'd serve me one anyway. Shortly thereafter, she produced the Pepsi; about 2oz. of the beverage with no ice in a 9oz. paper cup.
Somehow, I knew these people in my dream. The guy sitting next to me, the woman seated next to him, and the bartender.
The bar surface was wood, with a medium brown coloration to it; and the bar itself was illuminated with incandescent lighting on a dimmer, at perhaps 75% intensity. 

LOAD "$$",8

SEARCHING FOR $$

?FILE NOT FOUND ERROR
READY.
LOAD"$",8

SEARCHING FOR $
READY.
LIST 

READY.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MARCH 28, 2006:
In this dream there were two distinct segments: a bus segment and a nursing home segment. 

In one part of this dream, I was somwhow "stuck" in a long-term care facility or nursing home. It wasn't unpleasant or anything; I just couldn't find my way out. I remember going into one room to look for a toilet; the "door" to both the room and its bathroom were floor-length light tan curtains hung on rods that were moveable. There was nobody in the room I entered. When I sat down on the toilet bowl, I looked to the right and out, and saw another very small room with a curtain in front, containing a sink and a *VERY SMALL* wall-mounted porcelain urinator. The urinator was about the dimensions of a large, shallow coffee cup. There was a small amount of pissed-on (yellow & wet) toilet paper in the bottom of the urinator, but not nearly enough to stuff it up. Later, when I tried to leave again, a nurse stopped me and said I had to fill plastic candy dishes for the residents first: some types of blue and pink hard candy (both hot and cold), a small milky-white plastic candy dish, a larger dish with ice, and red-colored liquid was involved. The candies were poured alternately into the smaller dish, and the red liquid was poured over both the ice and the candy. 

In another segment of this dream, I was on a bus somewhere near Switzer Creek in Juneau AK (approximately halfway in between downtown Juneau and the airport in the Mendenhall Valley). I remember having a medium-sized ghetto blaster (something akin to a Sharp GF-4545 stereo AM/FM radio cassette recorder that operates from six C cells) that I played very loudly when I was not on the bus; I had it propped up in the steering arm of my Rascal #255 electric wheelchair. I know I was playing metal music, but I cannot remember what band it was - possibly Anthrax. I played it very loudly; and turned the "tone" control to maximum to bring the treble frequencies out even more. When I went to turn the cassette over, I found that the tape was broken and had wound around a screw insdide the tape transport. So I removed it and decided to play another. I remember having a passing thought of visiting my stepmother Karen, who was in a rest home somewhere nearby (in reality, she is a resident of the Wildflower Court rest home in Juneau). 

JANUARY 20, 2007:
In this dream, I was in some type of restaraunt, and was waiting to play the Atari coin-op arcade video game Tempest. The man playing ahead of me was playing poorly, and his game did not last long at all. His shooter was being destroyed by bullets fired from spikers; though I remember seeing a fuseball at the time his last shooter was killed; fuseballs were inappropriate for the level he was at (level 5, I think).

This is what a Tempest upright looks like.
Click on the photograph to go to the Atari Tempest web page on the KLOV website. 

I then stepped up to the machine and attempted to put a quarter in; the coin slot was much too small, but somebody opened a little door and the correct-sized coin slot was behind it. I started my game at level 17 (a red circle), but I played just as badly as the man who played just previous to me did. Flippers got me a couple of times, and I believe a pulsar did me in to end the game.
After the game was over, it displayed the fireworks (visuals & audio) to indicate I got a high enough score and would soon be prompted to enter my initials for display on the game's vanity board (high score table), but the attract mode began instead of it prompting me to enter my initials. 

AUGUST 17, 2001:
This dream happened while sleeping on a couch at 7 o'clock at night. The whole thing was spacey, but I only remember the very tail end. 
I was in some kind of hotel or motel in north central Canada. For some reason I was removing & replacing items from my pockets, or maybe looking for something. I had various things in my pockets like a flashlight, keys, and an electronic sodium monitor that I turned on and stuck my finger with (it registered fairly low, only two dim yellow lights blinked on it). This was eventually replaced in my pocket along with the other items.

Some strange guy with a shopping basket was milling around, looking all weird. A muffled sounding radio or TV in the background was giving a weather report, and the announcer was saying something like "and today is the last day our average temperature will be at 76° before it begins its quick cooling plunge toward winter". Then I got to thinking I wanted to take a shower. So I stuffed everything in my pockets, and started looking for quarters. I pulled half a dozen or so bent quarters out of my carry kit (probably the lunchpail I use in real life), then looked around for my cane. Finding the cane, I went into the large bathroom past the front desk and locked the door.

While emptying my pockets out, I saw, out of the corner of my eye, someone standing in front of a wall urinator taking a whiz, and then I saw the guy with the shopping cart again. He was stealing an athletic jersey off a funny looking display dummy, and he gave me this odd look while he was yanking & tugging on it. He was wearing a white t-shirt at this time. I looked away, pretending to have not seen him.

A moment later, he came up next to me, and stood there for a moment. He had put on a yellow shirt over his white one. It wasn't the jersey he had stolen, but was from some other source. Then, he reached over and picked up a sterling silver lighter and some other silver accessory of similar size that I had set on a small shelf in front of me, and put them in his right pocket. I said, "Those things are mine" and he said "no they aren't, they're mine now". So I reached toward his right pocket, and he blocked, so I went for it with more "gusto". At that instant he pulled a pistol out of his left pocket and shot me in the head with it. I felt the bullet hit my right temple, then my sight quickly blurred, turned to grey, then to black. I felt myself fall backward and somewhat to my left. All within maybe a second after the bullet hit.
Then I woke up.
Scary shiit... :(

July 22, 2002:
In this strange dream, I was in a large, multi-level room with both real people and cartoon people from the Digimon TV show, and there were some digimon (artificial life forms) fighting. I had my own digimon, and I think he was losing. Somehow, I merged with my digimon (a process complete with the funky graphics and music from the TV show) and started fighting. A large, thick, gold-colored sword of some kind appeared in our (my) hands. It was big and silly looking, like something from the Power Rangers. Another digimon came at me with a huge black hammer. It looked like a giant sledgehammer with a stubby handle, and the whole thing was jet black. The attacking digimon yelled out "Thor's Hammer!" and swung the hammer and broke my sword with it. The sword didn't just break into a couple of pieces; it kind of exploded into hundreds of colored "bits" and dissolved into the air, with all the "bits" floating upwards and dissipating. After dodging the hammer blows, I turned back toward the attacker, yelled something at it, and fired some kind of a fireball thingie at the creature. My weapon first destroyed its hammer (it blew up into the same kind of "bits" that my sword did), and then eliminated the digimon itself. I don't remember if I absorbed its data or not. I heard a cheer from a crowd somewhere, and then I "de-merged" from my digimon, and that's pretty much all I remember.

I've had several digimon dreams in the past, but this was the first one that was truly interactive.

February 22, 2010
In this dream, I had moved back to my old address of 509 3rd Ave. #531 in downtown Seattle WA. USA.
Only the apartment was much larger in this dream than it was in the waking world; it also had another window in it that did not exist in the real thing. 

I remember being in my scooter (a motorised wheelchair-like device for the disabled) and checking my mail. At first, there were a couple of small packages: one containing several packages of Marlboros (cigerettes) and one containing a package of a fruit-flavoured candy. Somebody then told me that trhe mailboxes were somehow "different", but did not elaborate on that. Not long after that, I looked in my mailbox again, and found a larger package containing several lighting products and a couple of unknown things. Somebody said "hello, it's good to have you back" or something extremely similar; I did not recognise this person but he was tall and had tightly-curled red hair. 

I got on the elevator, and pressed the "5" button. Two other people (one of them in a manual wheelchair) were already in the very large elevator car; the "2" button was already illuminated. 

When I was almost at my apartment, somebody (a maintenance person I believe) was nocking on doors and asking to enter when the tenant answered. 

Finally, I got in. Instead of the tiny studio apt. that this address was in reality, the place was rather large and spacious. Muh of my stuff had already been moved in and set up. I remember thinking that I forgot to change the address on the several thousand web pages that comprise one of my websites, but that I had a Search and Destro...er...uhhh...Search and REPLACE program that would make quick work of that. 

I went to the door again for some unknown reason; there were two notes taped to it: one smaller "sticky-note"-sized one and a much larger one -- the larger one read something like "Welcome back!" and some other text written on it in a smaller font that I have since forgotten. 

Back inside, I started to go through the package that I had gotten in the mail. I remember seeing a large globe-shaped device with a number of white LEDs in it; the background was greenish. The two smaller unidentified packages contained strips of AAA and AA cells, respectively. 

The dream changed somewhat; now there were several other people there, and sound from what I believe was a television program was clearly audible. I noticed a bunch of rack-type electronics stacked rather high on a nearby table, and momentarily wondered what that was there for -- and then remembered that I had a roommate to help cut expenses. I was also eating sliders (in the dream, sliders were small, squarish hamburgers) from a plate. I went to get up and get more, but somebody said that there were more very close to where I was sitting. At this point, I realised that I was naked, but for some reason it did not bug me one bit. 

Shortly thereafter, I woke up. 

This dream was extremely vivid and realistic; it took me a moment after waking to realise I was still at my present house, rather than at my old apt. 

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 2:21pm
Wow!  You even dream about "urinators"!

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 2:30pm
Shortly after I bought my house, I started having all sorts of dreams about homes---some I'd never been in, and some that were versions of homes I'd actually been in.  They were all really large with many rooms.  Every dream was like an adventure.  I kept finding room after room with all sorts of stuff in them.  I was amazed at how big all these houses were.  And they were mine!  Very cool.  I figured I was having these dreams as a direct result of having moved into a home that was more than just a 3-room apartment, and this was sort of a real-life adventure of its own.

In one dream, I found a room in my new house that I didn't even know existed.  I was a bit disappointed when I woke up.

Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 4:53pm
More entries from my online Dream Diary:

September 01, 2002:
This three-parter seemed to go on for longer than usual for a dream. In the first part, I was outside what I believe to be my childhood home in Juneau AK., and I was messing around with a garden hose in the driveway. The nozzle on the hose was unusual, and you could shoot water 110 feet using it. By putting my finger over the end, it turned into a high pressure wide-angle fan spray, like those water leaf blower gizmos you can buy. It was daytime, the sky was blue and clear, and I was spraying this hose in the air trying to disperse a swarm of little black gnats. I somehow became aware of several other people there, including my dad and maybe some of his friends; and I remember trying to be careful directing the spray so it wouldn't rain down on them while I was shooting at the swarm of bugs. 

The next part of the dream happened at night. My dad or someone else had asked me to take the hose and clean up all the wads of chewing gum on our street. I had a lantern-type flashlight with a really big reflector, so I turned that on, got the hose, and started to work. At first I couldn't find any gum wads to spray away, but as I kept walking, I started coming across them. I sprayed the gum using the wide fan spray but that didn't seem to be effective, So I adjusted the nozzle for a super high pressure pinpoint jet, and that started loosening up & spraying away the gum. I came across a larger wad of light blue gum, and started spraying its front edge. It slowly began to lift away, and I noticed the water jet was so strong it was literally beginning to drill right through the asphalt. Once the gum was almost gone, a small hole or crater was visible, and there was what appeared to be the head of a gold or brass nail showing through in the center. After cleaning several more gums up this way, the hose quit spraying. I went back to the house. In the yard was what appeared to be a short bar, and there were several people sitting at it. I told my dad the water was off, and he said something about the bill for this month being so high, it exceeded some kind of usage limit and the water went out automatically. I remember thinking that the water usage limit had nothing to do with the hose, because the volume of water that came out of the nozzle was quite small overall. 

The last part of this dream placed me back in the old 611 Tavern here in Seattle. Only I was one of the wait staff, rather than being the bartender as is usual for my bar dreams. The place was *very* packed. I waited around for a bit for my shift to start, then I went up to the waiter's station to collect my starting bank. Some of the customers were already trying to place orders with me, even though I hadn't yet started. The bartender showed up and put two large coins down - this was apparently my bank. I noticed at this time that the bar ashtrays were glass; they were square, shallow, and colored a medium peacock blue. I also noticed there was no tip jar set out. Not that it should have concerned me because I was just a piss-on waiter. So I filled a couple of orders and then went to get a bar towel. For some reason, I didn't think I was supposed to go behind the bar, not even for a bar rag. While I stood at the end of the bar (where one would normally go to get to the area behind this particular bar) there was a guy sitting there who had spilled or sprinkled maybe a teaspoon of his drink on his pants, and then dropped cigarette ashes on that. I gave him the bar rag that mysteriously appeared in my hands at that moment. I woke up soon after. 

September 02, 2002:
I was in a large public market not unlike the Pike Place Market here in Seattle. I had to go to the bathroom, so I started looking for a toilet. Below the street level, I found a public restroom with two toilets. A tall drag queen in a gold lame' dress was just starting to leave one stall, and the other was already empty. So I went right to the empty stall, but found somebody had pissed all over the toilet seat and all over most of the toilet paper. The drag queen's stall was now being used by someone else, so I was stuck with this one. Using what little unpissed-on paper there was, I cleaned off the seat and then sat down. Affixed to an empty TP dispenser rod to my left was my pair of Arc-LS flashlights on a keyring. I realised I had left them there the previous day, and I saw evidence that a lot of people had tried to remove them but failed. There were deep grooves cut into the metal TP rod from somebody pulling back and forth on the keychain, apparently hoping to erode through the rod enough to break it. The toliet paper rod was locked into the holder with a small, stiff button at one end, which I firmly pressed and easily freed my flashlights. Still seated on the toilet, I briefly examined them and then stuffed them into my pocket. After sitting on the can for several more minutes and deciding I couldn't "go", I pulled up my pants and exited the stall. At this time I noticed a couple of younger guys in the bathroom. We exchanged a brief conversation, but I can't remember what it was about anymore. It wasn't anything bad, I'm pretty sure of that. 

The next part of this dream placed me in the market level of this same place. I was thinking of going to Mom's house, and started to walk there. After a block or two, my legs started to poop out on me, so I went back for my Rascal scooter. When I went back to the public market, I realised my Rascal was broken, but that I had a spare scooter in a box. This scooter was a flimsy little thing, made of tubular metal. It had front wheel direct drive, a rectangular headlight, a bicycle-type seat on a post, and a small 12v flat battery. It was a folding travel scooter, not that different from some of the tiny powered travel scooters you sometimes see in medical equipment catalogues. It was folded into something about the size of a folded electric razor scooter, and it was in a box with several other unknown objects. The headlight came on as soon as the scooter itself was turned on, and I was considering cutting the headlight wire to extend the battery life, though I'd have to partially disassemble the front cowling to get to those wires. At this time I noticed the inside of the transparent control box (part of the front cowling) was full of pink Q-tips, but I didn't see anything odd about that. 

I wanted to top off the charge before riding it to Mom's house across town, so I started looking for the charger and all the right cords. One cord went into the scooter (using an IEC plug), one went to one side of the charger, one went to what looked like an old fashioned DEC computer terminal (also equipped with an IEC socket), and the last one plugged into the wall. At this time, I noticed I was located in front of a market seller, so I looked around the immediate area to be sure I wasn't blocking her customer's access to the counter & food displays. I wasn't. Next, I spent a good amount of time fussing with all these cords, plugging some of them into the wrong places before finally getting them all correct. One of the wrong hookups involved plugging the cord going to the wall socket directly into the scooter, but it did no damage; though I did hear a faint sound like a motor slowly winding down after unplugging it. After a short time (with all the cords in the right places), I unplugged everything, unfolded the scooter, turned it on, sat on it, and started to drive away. Then I woke up. 

September 07, 2002:
Another bar dream last night. Sure do get a lot of these.
In this one, I was working at my old bar, the 611 in Seattle. It was a fairly busy day, and I spent a lot of time opening beer bottles, making drinks and serving them, and cleaning up after customers as they left. At one point, I remember trying to drain the sinks used for glass washing, and the water was swirling violently but draining only very slowly. I whirled it around with my hand to "help" but that didn't do much but make it spin faster. The water had a pink or pale salmon color to it. I went back to serving drinks for awhile. Then three guys came in, handed me several bills and asked for change. I took the bills to the cash register: a $250 bill (!), a ten, a five, and two ones. I looked for my UV LED "money checker" light all around the register but couldn't find it. So I took a regular flashlight and shined it through the $250 bill from the back to check for the security strip. It was in there, so I started punching keys on the old timey cash register we had. I punched "2-6-7-0-0-NOSALE" on the keys, and the drawer opened with that dinging sound we usually associate with old style cash registers. I pawed through the drawer, but only had a couple of $20s and a few other loose smaller bills available in the till. I gave the guy back his $267 and said "sorry, but I don't have enough of a bank to make change for this". Then I went back to serving drinks. A black guy at the end of the bar whom I recognised as one of my real former customers in the waking world ordered two glasses of loganberry wine. I served one glass (with ice), and set a "marker" next to it as an indicator not to charge him again when he needed a refill. Then I wiped a bunch of cigar or cigarette ashes off the bar a couple of stools down, and then took some empties to the sink. When I looked up at the clock, it read 12:00 noon, and I thought "great, only 7 more hours to go". Sometime shortly thereafter, the dream ended and changed to a new one. 

In the next dream, I was in a multiple story building with a number of other people, and an earthquake hit. It was a series of quick up & down heaves, each one followed by a side-to-side movement. Some people were scattering, while others were clinging to doorways and curled up under desks & tables. I was trying to make my way to a doorway, but the movement of the building made that difficult. I looked out a window and saw the scene outside moving grotesquely, as if the building I was in were twisting back and forth. But there was no twisting sensation. After about half a dozen of these up and down heaves, one of the windows blew out. Then it stopped. After it stopped, I saw a TV that was still working, and the news said the quake was a 4.8 on the richter scale. Items like chairs, potted plants, and knick-knacks were strewn all over the floor; delicates like dishes and vases were broken; and there were some cracks in the green-painted walls. The next thing I remember was being out on the street in my wheelchair. Instead of being powered or having traditional hand rims on the wheels, this one had some kind of pedals that I would work with my hands to make it move. There were bricks, broken glass, popped tires, garbage, and other debris from the earthquake littering the street; and nearby was a broken utility pole with its power lines sagging too close for comfort. Judging by the post-style porcelain insulators on it, I'd guess it was a 69KV transmission line. I started "pedaling" the wheelchair to get away from it, but the wheels spun in the debris, and it was hard to get the chair to actually *go* anywhere. After a moment, the wheels finally "caught" and the chair started to move. After arriving in a clearing with several other people, I woke up. 

September 07, 2002:
These came off the tail end of my afternoon nap, hence two entries for 09-07.
In one part of the dream, I was on a bus. I remember I brought my bicycle with me, and it was parked near the center exit of the bus, and soon, several other bikes were there with it. My bike had a yellow frame, and I think it was a 10-speed. I also had a large boom box with me, possibly a JVC RC-838JW, RC-M70JW, or RC-550JW. I know it was one of the BIG giant JVC ghetto blasters from the early 80s like I had as a teen, that much I'm sure of. I don't remember playing it loudly, if at all. After awhile, myself and several other people got off the bus and started walking. Then I realised I left my bike on the bus! I said something to one of the other people there, and they suggested I call Metro's lost and found in the morning. Sometime after this, the dream changed...

Now I was driving my electric wheelchair through the halls of my old Junior High school (Marie Drake Jr. High in Juneau AK.). I think school was let out because there weren't very many people left. I drove it down a long hall, and then out through the school's main entrance. Once outside, I started "hot dogging" with my chair, speeding up and then slamming on the brakes; leaving long skid marks. As I approached in intersection near the bottom of a mild, shallow hill, I gave the chair full power, and then the light started to go bad. So I slammed the chair in reverse, causing it (deliberately) to skid and spin until it was facing backward- at which time I jammed it into full forward power to complete the stop a few feet into the intersection and pull back onto the sidewalk where I belonged. 

After the light changed back to green, I crossed the street. I noticed a news crew with a camera and a small satellite dish. The letters "NWCN" (Northwest Cable News) were on the dish. As I went past them, they asked me if I wanted to do an interview. I said sure, and then drove about 10 more feet before spinning my chair around to face them, then getting out of it. As the camera guy was setting up his equipment, he said something about the program being broadcast only in Asia and South Africa. There was suddenly a small, open-faced room there - maybe a small construction shack made of plywood with a wide plywood desk inside. There were some maps on the wall and other papers on the table. I said I didn't have cable and probably couldn't watch, but that I had an internet hookup. Then I asked if the video could be seen on a 56K connection.

After the cameraman and audio guy were ready, they had me stand in front of my wheelchair. He was commenting about the color of my hair and said this shot would look really great underwater. So the cameraman said he was going to lower me into water, shoot a quick shot, and then raise me back up. Fine with me. I was dressed in shorts & tennis shoes only, so I didn't have any clothes to take off. The place I was standing smoothly dropped until I was underwater for a few seconds, then lifted back up just like the camera guy said. He mentioned that was a great shot, and I started getting ready to leave. When I turned around, I noticed water all over my wheelchair. That had me worried. I pulled my large camera bag out of the rear basket, put it up to my chest, and gently squeezed - you guessed it, water came out. I set the bag down, unzipped, and removed the large video camera from inside. Water gushed from it. I was asking the NWCN crew if they knew my wheelchair was submerged at the same time I was, and they said yeah they knew. I complained to them that the camera wasn't even mine; it had been borrowed. I never did figure out why they didn't tell me that was going to happen. The dream switched again just after this. 

In the last part of the dream, I was inside part of a new building construction. I heard some people "ooing" an "aaahing" at something going on in the next room of the unfinished structure. I looked through the still-unhung door, and saw a white laser dot being shined at the unfinished plywood ceiling about two or three floors up. It was coming from some guys about 1 floor below me standing in front of what I took to be an argon ion laser, even though I knew it was the wrong color. I noticed at times the white laser spot had crimson red edges, as if developing a chromatic abberation. But for the most part, the beam was white. So I pulled out my own green-emitting laser pen, and started chasing the white spot on the ceiling with it. The NWCN crew from the last dream segment showed up again and stood there watching as well. Somebody mentioned what a beautiful shade of green my laser was. I said something to the guys below, "What kind of laser is that, a urine laser?" and they started laughing while repeating the phrase "urine laser" a couple of more times. I said "No, not a urine laser, a dye laser". There was some more laughing from the other laser's owners, while both of our lasers' beams continued to play tag on the ceiling. Right after that, I woke up. 

September 13, 2002:
I was in a big house, which I identified as "home" in this dream. I was aware that my dad and 2nd stepmother were in the house. While standing on the large wooden back patio, I saw a point of light moving in the sky about 30° up from the horizon, moving from right to left. I figured it was a satellite, until it started changing direction & speed, then flared a green color a few times. Once the light was well to my left, it reversed direction, then sped WAY up and started flying erratically and looping all over the place. It also brightened dramatically into a brilliant whitish green color. I ran inside and grabbed my digital camera, propped it against the railing, and snapped off some pictures using the LCD screen on the back to frame the pictures. The UFO was flying so fast and erratically, all of the shots just showed some spirograph-like traces. The UFO then flew behind the house where i could no longer see it, so I went inside. Once in the house, I realised the UFO was also in the house: it was fuzzy or hairy kind of like a balled-up bumble bee, and had a whitish green aura around it. It kept flying around my head and neck, occasionally darting off and then returning. I ran down the hall to hide in the bathroom, but there were two oriental woman inside the bathroom drinking tea out of these dainty little teacups. I don't remember anything else. 

September 14, 2002:
I dreamt I was shopping at this thrift store. I was going through a circular rack of vintage clothes on hangers, and came across this old, very pale peach colored dress. It was frilly and embellished, almost like a wedding dress; and it had these thin, dark yellow sweat rings under the arms as big as dinner plates. I also noticed the price tag on it had been repeately crossed out and rewritten with lower and lower prices. The last uncrossed out number was $5.99. I shoved it aside and looked at several other garments hanging there, then rolled (in my scooter) to another part of the store. But I kept coming back to that stained dress. After several trips to that rack and to other parts of the store, I took it down and went up to the checkout counter. She rang it up and announced the price was somewhere above $15.00. I said that couldn't have been right because of what the price tag read, but she said something about some strange "extra" fee. Then I had to sign some kind of legal forms. As she was wrapping the dress up she told me to please be very careful with it, take good care of it, and give it a nice big wardrobe to hang in. The way she was acting was as though it were her dress and that she loved & cherished it very much, but that didn't make a lot of sense when it was hanging on a thrift store rack.

The next thing I remember was being in this open area, which seemed to be a very large construcion site. I was in my Rascal scooter, and I had the stained thrift store dress in a plastic container at my feet. The ground was dirt, but it was damp and had been repeatedly run over by heavy machinery so it was quite smooth and driveable. Way off to my left, I saw a long dump truck type vehicle trying to turn around. It looked kind of fake, like it was from the TV show "Bob the Builder". After I was sure it was turning to go the other way, I went to the right and started driving. There was a shallow ditch or depression with small mud puddles at the bottom. I was pretty sure my scooter could traverse this, but when I drove into this depression, the front of the scooter caught and the entire machine flipped over end over teapot. I crawled out from under the machine, then picked it up by the steering arm and righted it. Neither of us seemed worse for wear, except for some mud that got in the control mechanism. The armpit dress, still in its plastic container, was put back on the floorboard, and I took off again. Now I was on Seattle's Capitol Hill, nearing the intersection of Broadway and Roy. My scooter started to malfunction because of the mud inside the control pot. When I let go of the throttle, it kept on moving. After squeezing and releasing the throttle a couple of times, the scooter slowed down. And it did it again, and yet again. Once it was moving really slowly, I could use the upper limit knob to control the scooter; turning it up would allow the scooter to move very slowly, while backing it off would slow it almost to a stop, and allow me to stop it fully with my foot. So I drove about 1/3 of a block this way, and then turned & entered the Elite Tavern. I slowly drove the scooter to the back of the tavern. Somebody mentioned one of my rear wheelie bars was starting to scratch the floor, so I leaned all the way over to the right to allow that side to lift slightly, and continued making my way to the back. Then I woke up. 

September 16, 2002:
Only a little piece this time. I was at the old 611 again. It was around noon, and I was somewhere inside the bar but not behind it. I was just about to make my way to the bathroom, and two women walked in together. One was wearing a green sweater, and I can't remember what the other wore. I quickly ran behind the bar, greeted them, and asked what they'd like to drink. One asked for some strange sounding wine cooler, like "Kalto cooler", and the other asked for some other kind of cooler who's name I forgot. Just before I turned to go get the bottles, one of them asked if we had some strange named beer, and I said I'd check. So I walked back to the other end of the bar where the glass-front cooler was, and started looking. I found one bottle of Kalto, a pale, chartreuse green beverage, and it came in a shapely bottle not too unlike a Coke bottle. The top was missing, the mouth was flared out, and there was a wad of cotton stuck in it. So I put that bottle on the next shelf down and kept looking. I couldn't find any more Kalto or the other kind, but the right 2/3 of the top shelf was just loaded with neatly arranged rows of Suave balsam shampoo and conditioner in plastic bottles. I went back for the cotton-stuffed Kalto cooler, and the cotton was gone & the top was sealed, though it was a glass seal, not a bottle cap. I ran back to the other end of the bar, knocking some glasses off the sideboard of the glasswashing sink. They clattered to the floor but didn't break. On the sideboard there were some small glasses, and some large clear coffee mugs with the blue & green Seattle Seahawks logo on them. After I put the wine cooler down and went to get a glass of ice, I noticed the glass rack near the center of the bar (where this was in real life) didn't have any standard bar glasses in it, just coffee mugs, small household glasses, and large silverized tumblers. So I grabbed a silvery glass tumbler, took it to the ice machine (being careful not to step on the several items of glassware on the floor) and filled it with ice. 
I woke up before making it back to the front of the bar with the glass. 

September 22, 2002:
Only a couple of snippets this time.
In one, I was in a Las Vegas casino. I remember leaving my room, and walking down this hall with glass walls. I ended up in this tiny little room with about 6 or 7 gambling devices in it. There were a couple of one-armed bandits, and some video gaming devices. I put a couple of quarters in one, and lost. So I dug through my pockets and came up with a $50 bill, a $20 bill, and a $10 bill. I put the $50 away and then went to the change machine. This machine was very narrow and tall, like the Rowe bill changers that came out in the late 1980s. When I put the $10 toward the mouth of the machine, the paper glowed blue-white; and I realised it was a phoney. The $20 did the same thing. But I tried anyway, first trying the $20 a few times, turning it over, and trying a few more times. The machine rejected the bill each time. Now I tried the $10. It glowed even brighter than the $20, so it was *really* bogus. The machine spit that out several times, so I turned it over. On the back, there were several red inkstamps, but I can't remember what they read. At this point, I became aware of somebody else in the room, possibly watching me try to feed this funny munny into the changer. But at that same time, the changer accepted the bill! It made some whirring and clunking sounds, and then the change cup started to fill up. First some loose change, then it started spitting out paper bills. I scooped the whole mess into my pocket at once, and noticed no fewer than four $100 bills in the mix, which included loose change and a number of smaller bills. I played one of the video gambling machines a couple of times, then the dream ended. Somewhere in this dream I remember taking two shirts off a store rack or maybe out of the closet in my hotel room, but I don't remember anything else about that. Nor do I remember if this happened before or after the change machine part. 

Part of my next dream had me near my home of 10 years ago; the old SHA apartments on 3rd Ave. between James and Yesler. I was on the sidewalk, and something was going on. I remember willing myself to lift off the ground and observe whatever this was from above. I reached for my camera, but didn't have one. So I lowered myself back to the sidewalk and then went into the convenience store next door and started looking for a disposable camera. I found several unlabelled models in a low display near the counter, and I was looking for one that had a flash. Most of these didn't, and then I found one that did. The flash was very tiny; a rectangle about 1/6" high by about 1/2" wide. I asked the clerk how much the cameras were, and he said $30. I asked if he had anything less expensive, and he pulled out a Kodak disposable with flash (this camera looked normal) and said that one was $20. So I bought it, and went back outside. Whatever I had seen before was gone. I flew up around 25' high and looked around, but didn't see anything out of the ordinary. Then I woke up. 

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 9:57pm
I sometimes have dreams about tv shows or movies I've watched. I can still remember a dream I had when Alien/Aliens was on tv.
I had an "alien" as a pet. But one day it bit me so I had to kill it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic