Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

(gulp!) Wish me luck, Gang!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: (gulp!) Wish me luck, Gang!
    Posted: 18 Jan 2013 at 6:32pm
Tomorrow night my four cohorts and I will be performing our very first Improv! Comedy show.

We began an 8 week course back in August that was supposed to end in a small little performance. One thing led to another, we snowballed and BOOM - 4 and 1/2 months later, we're finally taking our show to the public.

If we take decent pictures/video, I'll post them!
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013 at 6:43pm
CryDaaaamn, you scared me! I thought you were going to tell us you had been 'given the gift of working at home at the profession of your choice', forever...we've had about enough of that now!
Big smileI KNOW it will go well, Maddy - 'chin up', don't be nervous...but...but...ConfusedCryWhere's my 'INVITE'? *I* can take bad pictures, too!
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013 at 6:45pm
Good luck!  I'm sure it will go well.  Have fun, too! 
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013 at 6:48pm
Good luck Madawee Big smile   You'll do fine, don't worry Wink

Improv comedy in my opinion can be the best comedy, hence why Whose Line is it Anyway was one of my favorite shows.
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013 at 6:50pm
OMG, improv comedy is AWESOME!!!!! I used to be a part of an improv comedy troupe. Good times.

Break a leg, Madawee and have fun!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by Moochamoocha Moochamoocha wrote:

OMG, improv comedy is AWESOME!!!!! I used to be a part of an improv comedy troupe. Good times.

ConfusedShockedYIKIES!!! Moochy - we want pictures of the *entire cast* ~NOT~ 'Maddy in a cast', for heaven's sake! Please don't tell her to 'break a leg' - YOU, of all people, know how much Maddy goes all out to make everyone happy....
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013 at 7:05pm
Good luck, Mad!  I used to see a lot of improv comedy in my younger days.  It can be a blast!

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013 at 7:05pm
What's the name of your troupe, Madd?

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013 at 7:17pm
Pa, telling her to break a leg is an acting thing. It's bad luck to say "good luck" to an actor so we say "break a leg".

Oh, never mind.
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013 at 7:34pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

We're called "Say Anything"

You can check it out (the group pictured is NOT our group - it's another class):

We started out with 11 people in our class - we're down to 5. We'll probably merge with the others and become one huge group.

The artist formerly known as Madawee

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013 at 8:23pm
That sounds like so much fun!  Have a great time!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013 at 8:39pm
Maddy - wish I could be there - as Hooty says, it sounds like so much fun....
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013 at 8:41pm

Pa, telling her to break a leg is an acting thing. It's bad luck to say "good luck" to an actor so we say "break a leg".

Oh, never mind.
ConfusedMoochy - I was goofing with you - I know that.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by Madawee Madawee wrote:

Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

We're called "Say Anything"

You can check it out (the group pictured is NOT our group - it's another class):

^^^^^^^
We started out with 11 people in our class - we're down to 5. We'll probably merge with the others and become one huge group.

And don't call me ShirleyLOL
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013 at 9:41pm
^^ LOL

Madawee, message for you from the good Dr. Rumack:

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2013 at 11:14pm

You can get a joke out of that.

"Every time before I go on stage, people tell me 'Break a leg!  Break a leg!'  They. just. don't. stop."

(pulls mannequin leg out of sack and breaks it)

"Are you happy now?!"

Wink
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2013 at 12:57pm
^^^ That's fukking funny!!! ^^^ LOLBig smileSmileBig smileLOL

Best of luck on your Improv! comedy performance Madawee!!!

If I lived in New York and had the $$$ to get in the door, I'd show up (and maybe take a few bad pictures too if cameras are allowed!) LOL

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic